Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rift newest beta patch and its company blew me away.

FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

I mean wow rift is becomign the most polished game besides (world of warcraft and lord o rings online on release) and its polished enough to be in the commercial release. The company actually listens to the beta players feedback unlike other new mmorpg release that is FFXIV. Rift is becoming really amazing inputting players feedback, it totally blew me away. 

The newest beta patch is such a huge turnaround i think it could be called miracle patch. This company takingin players feedback through beta is just amazing, wow if only other companies does that for beta, if only. 

I will be preordering the ce for this game, kdos to the new mmo company, i think 2011 will be an awesome year. Finally just finally maybe wow will have a competition after all.

Comments

• slprslpr Member Posts: 340

I agree the game is very polished, and i was really surprised to see that when i played it! And hearing feedback from players is good but not always good. But unfortunatellyl that isn't enough to succeed... theres other factors into it! I maybe try it when i get my new computer, but i'm not sure yet cause i'm waiting for other game.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783

The game does look pretty good. I was running it in 1920x1200 with everything maxed out and it was really nice. I only got to play for 1 day and only made level 10 on an elementalist. Was pretty fun, kinda reminded me of the mage back in EQ1 except these pets seem to hold agro a lot better lol. I agree from what I have seen that the game feels pretty polished. Now, since this was the end of the beta period I don't know if they spawned all those portals for testing or what, but there was so many portals that it made questing very hard. This game has gone on my watch list and may get try it out when it releases but that is going to depend on release dates of other games that I am waiting on.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Furor

I mean wow rift is becomign the most polished game besides (world of warcraft and lord o rings online on release) and its polished enough to be in the commercial release. The company actually listens to the beta players feedback unlike other new mmorpg release that is FFXIV. Rift is becoming really amazing inputting players feedback, it totally blew me away. 

The newest beta patch is such a huge turnaround i think it could be called miracle patch. This company takingin players feedback through beta is just amazing, wow if only other companies does that for beta, if only. 

I will be preordering the ce for this game, kdos to the new mmo company, i think 2011 will be an awesome year. Finally just finally maybe wow will have a competition after all.

It might be a great game, I'll probably give it a try myself, but people should just say no to this sort of behavior.

Think I'll wait till about 3 months post launch to give it a whirl.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

I dunno. I keep hearing about the "polish". I don't hear much about how fun it is.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Leveled a "Sentinel / Justicar / Shaman" to 20, and the whole time I thought and felt nothing but Warhammer 2.0, just ever-so-slightly better.  Nothing stood out as exciting or even remotely unique, even the larger scale Rifts, including the mass raids near the main city.  The Soul System is meh, and really not much different than the sub-job system of FFXI, or the equip any previous learned skill from classes in FFXIV.

I honestly had very high hopes for this and was keeping myself in the dark entirely...but I doubt I'll subscribe to it.  {Oh and why does every PC/NPC model look as though they are wider than they should be, and this wasn't an aspect ratio issue, I asked several friends and other players whom thought the same...}

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

I have had a lot of negative things to say about the game, and justified as far as I see it.  I agree it's highly polished, but that means little to me if the game is boring, which I think it is. 

Having said that - I will say, and agree, that the devs do seem to listen very well to the community and make big updates quite swiftly.  Kudos to them for that.

• AchillezAchillez Member UncommonPosts: 105

Originally posted by DoomsDay01

The game does look pretty good. I was running it in 1920x1200 with everything maxed out and it was really nice. I only got to play for 1 day and only made level 10 on an elementalist. Was pretty fun, kinda reminded me of the mage back in EQ1 except these pets seem to hold agro a lot better lol. I agree from what I have seen that the game feels pretty polished. Now, since this was the end of the beta period I don't know if they spawned all those portals for testing or what, but there was so many portals that it made questing very hard. This game has gone on my watch list and may get try it out when it releases but that is going to depend on release dates of other games that I am waiting on.

They did. It's a weekly event that will occur in zones, they just beefed em up and added more frequency to test the load on the server.

• SinnSinn Member UncommonPosts: 93

If i learned anything from MMOs it's never to rush into them and never ever buy special editions of anything - something always gives a nice burning sensation down the road - it's looking good so far we'll see further along down the road.

• AbotAbot Member Posts: 22

If I remember correctly the spawn of all the portals was a final test of a raid spawn for the rifts.  Normal rifts in a zone at once is like 1-3 but everyonce in a while they have a massive invasion aka raid that is zone wide with dozens of rifts and some raid bosses.  This happened at the end of beta because like 3rd day they started it and it shut down due to so many people being on it cause issues server side with the rifts.  They reworked them and tested it again at the end of beta.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

I was very impressed with the game.. The lore seems like it'll be there.. I'am sure upon launch there will be more quests and such.. Gonna shape up to a pretty decent release and i'll defiantly be there on day 1..

I know lots of people who play MMO's suggest waiting a few months pre-launch but i myself love the "new-car" feeling and find i have the best times with games when they first released.. AION was a terrible game, but i had a blast playing through it and being one of the firsts to make it to 50..

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Furor

It might be a great game, I'll probably give it a try myself, but people should just say no to this sort of behavior.

Think I'll wait till about 3 months post launch to give it a whirl.

I would usually agree but for once do the CE includes actual useful stuff.

• UruketoUruketo Member UncommonPosts: 55

This is all great news. I am very much looking forward to playing.

Uruketo, 70 Bard/Ninja/Warrior
    <Grievance> Free Company
    Final Fantasy XIV - Midgardsormr
    http://www.grievancegaming.com/

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

I've tried all callings multiple times, each time with different souls.

Warriors seemed generic, I really wanted to mix Reaver and Riftblade, but both of them rely heavily on weapon buffs, and you can only have a single weapon buff active at a time. Would be sweet if you could stack weapon buffs from different souls.

Rogues, although borrowing heavily from the combo point system of WoW, did have some very cool souls. Saboteur is one of my favorites, followed by Bard (Bard is pretty fun in Rift).

Mages are excellent. Chloromancer and Archon are extremely cool. Chloromancer probably being my favorite. I mixed Chloromancer, Archon, and Dominator, and I was having a blast. Can't decide between that build, and my Cleric build for my main at release.

Cleric has some very unique souls. My first calling and soul selection in Beta 1 was a Cleric with the Inquisitor soul. It was very interesting, especially considering the fact that I didn't have any heals starting out! In Beta 3, I rolled a Warden / Sentinel / Purifier, which was just tons of fun. Wardens have insane HoTs. Then the excellent selection of instant cast damage spells (some of them with no cool down), made me a very happy healer!

All that said, so far I think Trion has gone above and beyond with the Cleric and Mage callings. Rogues are pretty standard, with a few souls feeling unique. Only the Warriors seemed boring (though I need to give the other souls a try).

Can't wait for release!

• kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

I agree with this alll i was able to get my hand on a few good keys for myself and a friend of mine. I got into it and unforuntly i didnt get allot of play time because of the hoildays but it was a huge turnaround. Trion has a game taht is simliar to a few things that wow may have but it redfines it as there own so its not cloned. Rift is really an awesome game and i will definately keep up with it as a part of my mmo collection.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

I know lots of people who play MMO's suggest waiting a few months pre-launch but i myself love the "new-car" feeling and find i have the best times with games when they first released.. AION was a terrible game, but i had a blast playing through it and being one of the firsts to make it to 50..

This.

Its not the same too play a MMO 2-3 months down the road imo. MMO's are always really fun the first few months!

I also dont like too fall behind that much, i enjoy being one of the first too get high lvl and into end-game, i dont wanna do it months after everyone else has and all the tactics etc are all over the internet.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• NadiliNadili Member Posts: 197

I think more than anything I want to support a gaming company that gives a rats ass about what it's customers want.  Trion for being brand new on the scene is very impressive.  We have all been there done that with the developers who don't listen at all I think it's time to support some who do.  Sure they have gone the safe route with what works but I like what works so no problem here.  I have fun playing and really that's all that matters and maybe by the time I don't have fun the syfy project will be out and I can continue with Trion who knows at this point.

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

i know i will be there when the game is live :).

in the uk  amazon etc there is no listing of this game at all was going to pre order but its not there to pre order :(.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

this overly hyped spam fest they call RIFT smells like another warhammer fiasco, push out something interesting and have a real beta test, rather than this marketing bullcrap to use players to advertise their game.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

this overly hyped spam fest they call RIFT smells like another warhammer fiasco, push out something interesting and have a real beta test, rather than this marketing bullcrap to use players to advertise their game.

Welcome to what beta tests are now.

Trion seems to be the exception to this rule. One only needs to look at the beta patch notes to realize that they're listening to every aspect of our feedback so far and implementing them immediately.

http://mmopatchnotes.com/rift-beta-2-update-notes/2010/12/16/

http://mmopatchnotes.com/rift-beta-3-update-notes/2010/12/28/

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

I was just discussing this in game yesterday. Until we see more of the game, we are just testing what would end up being the trial server. As we all know, the beginning should be fun, but it's the end that counts.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Beta 3 was the best beta i have ever been in, partly due to the game feeling so complete, but also the very positive community, at the end everyone was clearly having a lot of fun, the event went down extremely well.

Trion needs to keep that good will going through the other betas, as i have never seen such a strong dev-community bond, outside small independent mmos. The 20+ content and continual performance of the devs will determine whether i get the CE. I am a cynical burn out when it comes to mmos, but this last beta really brought some hope back, as despite all the shortcomings that RIFT has, i found myself really looking forward to logging in, and playing all day.

I really hope it's that fun even at end game, and that they contunue to provide content to make the sub worth it.

Zev, aka Loxlee, the Rift Pwning Ranger.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

I'm cautious of this game pulling "AoC's" because no one has really witnessed endgame (or lack of thereof) with highest level chars in beta being around mid 20's

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

Yes beta 3 was good  .Well they said spring release still a long way to go I guess but they are coming along nicely.

Chamber of Chains
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by kishe
    I'm cautious of this game pulling "AoC's" because no one has really witnessed endgame (or lack of thereof) with highest level chars in beta being around mid 20's

Highest level in beta is 20.

I would be "cautiously optimistic". I was not in AoC's beta, so I don't know if there were any warning signs or not. I do think it's a good idea to get the base mechanics nailed down with a limited amount of content, but I do hope there's a final beta or two where you can see stuff past the level 20 mark. Or at least that somebody can see if and give everyone a head's up.

I haven't seen anything that would make me think they've skimped on the later levels just to get this game out the door, but they could have just evolved better weasel tactics.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

same here I heard its the same guy who fuk up warhammer combat is in charge of this game.