Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll (01/01/2011)

A brand new poll has been uploaded to the Square Enix secure website at:

https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/...AYERENQ01/html

As well as a message to all FFXIV players from Naoki Yoshida at:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/newsletter/110101en_gb/index.html

I'm glad they gave us this survey. It might be short but it’s a start. There are 11 questions in total in the survey. When you hit submit the first time around you will go to the next screen that will show you a summary of all the answers you chose. When you hit submit a second time it will send it out. Note that once you do you cannot go back to the screen to make any changes or view the poll.

Two questions that stood out:

Which of the following would you like to see implemented first?

Answers: More story, more NM, more leve quest variety, PVP, Large scale PVE, AH

Would you welcome changes to FFXIV that would drastically alter the rules already set in Eorzea?

Answers: Yes or No

For those people still on the fence or those waiting on the PS3 release and are curious to see what changes are in store for us in 2011 I have uploaded the survey in four parts in PNG format with my answers.  To everyone else that has an account please fill out the survey so your voice may be heard. Thanks and Happy New Year!

One page survey broken up into 4 parts:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7359/pictureone.png

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1994/picturetwo.png

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7573/picturethreen.png

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/416/picturefour.png

Comments

• CarilliCarilli Member UncommonPosts: 41

one word in the letter is scarey o_o . reboot

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Heck yeah, I'm all for a complete restructure that will end up being more like XI as XIV should have been...

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Khrymson

Heck yeah, I'm all for a complete restructure that will end up being more like XI as XIV should have been...

I admit that the references made to WoW scare me quite a bit. I want to see them make it more like XI, not more like WoW.

<3

• rykimrykim Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by dreamscaper

I admit that the references made to WoW scare me quite a bit. I want to see them make it more like XI, not more like WoW.

Only reference I can see to WoW is making the UI as simple, clean and functional like it and how they may go the add-on route.

How's that a bad thing?

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Originally posted by rykim

Originally posted by dreamscaper

Only reference I can see to WoW is making the UI as simple, clean and functional like it and how they may go the add-on route.

How's that a bad thing?

It's not. It would however make all the haters call FFXIV a WoW clone, which isn't exactly worse than anything they now call it though is it...

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• cpoustiecpoustie Member Posts: 32

If they do make the UI similar to WoW, I would prefer they not allow add-ons.  Nothing like elitists telling you that you need these 50 mods otherwise you're not cool/skilled enough to participate.  In FFXI everyone had the same base UI and that's all you needed to do anything in game to the best of your ability.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Where is that chuno something. He used to dog all the threads on FFXIV and has not been around lately on any of the FFXIV threads. Wonder what happened was just curious on his take on all the changes.

Developers when they make mistakes these days or a game is not well received they all seem to think it was because it is not more like WoW when that is not the reason. I wish this game was more like FFXI which I loved.

Chamber of Chains
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I just want an official forum. That way I can at least hope they are paying attention. Its all well and good to be here on MMORPG and shooting the breeze with other FF14 people but we are not the devs.

I like this game. Its like being on Endor before the NGE, Like being in EvE when I didnt know it was all a pissing contest, like being in LotRO without the rope around your neck telling you to go do this quest and that one.

Age of Conan Launch: Shitty content, lack of quality for the sys requi, farmed by assholes at spawn points.

Star Trek Online: Capped in 3 weeks, 2 dailies to do with your nerfed out science ship, having away teams beam down, in the planet while you are on the surface.

They launched a good game with a poor selection of content for the Beta team who burned out on the game in Beta. They did it in a global recession when nobody has a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. They made the first real possibility for a cross platform MMO and there is a reason most other MMOs have talked about doing it but still havent. Its damn hard to do.

Square enix has 2 MMOs. 11 and 14. Fix 11 and fix 14 but dont pull the litebrite bullshit SOE pulled with SWG, making it an EQ3. Trust me, dont.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by cpoustie

If they do make the UI similar to WoW, I would prefer they not allow add-ons.  Nothing like elitists telling you that you need these 50 mods otherwise you're not cool/skilled enough to participate.  In FFXI everyone had the same base UI and that's all you needed to do anything in game to the best of your ability.

Are you kidding? The majority of endgame players used every 3rd party app possible to try to bypass the horrible UI and make it more efficient. Min/maxing was ridiculously fun using SpellCast to script every gear change for every possible situation. The standard 6 lines for macros was simply not enough for the amount of gear swapping needed to be as efficient as possible. Sure you could get by with the standard, but why hit 3 macros when you can just hit 1?

If anything, i just basically wanted an updated XI with a new intuitive UI and updated combat mechanics that allows for freedom of movement. Enough with the stupid animation locks that plagued both XI and now XIV. Get rid of the mob grind and throw in Dynamic content in the form of Besieged and Campaign and you have a hell of a starting block to build off of. I can't get over how much Leve's are a step back from both of those events.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

this question excited me.... it was something like..

would you object to a complete restructuring of the game?

HECK NO i would not object!

In all honestly I wish it was more like FFXI and WOW  like a 70/30 combo.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Im still holding out for this game. This letter just confirms they re serious about making this game good. I was excited to see the question regarding basically remaking it :) It will be a good game one day, hopefully soon, but i ll take one day.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I think the only way i would actually come back to XIV is if it was completely remade with focus on fluid and intuitive combat, current UI expectations, multiple ways to level, dynamic content, classes from XI, and freedom of movement.

I would also require official forums so we can communicate. I realize what those turn into often but i'm willing to put up with the idiots on them as it's better than nothing.

SE has to change and realize they can't manage an MMO like they're used to with their offline games.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I think it's a big step in the right direction.  I'm amazed they still don't have a forum though honestly.  I mean even it's just like a forum for each server...

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Originally posted by cheyane

Where is that chuno something. He used to dog all the threads on FFXIV and has not been around lately on any of the FFXIV threads. Wonder what happened was just curious on his take on all the changes.

Stop baiting the trolls.  Besides you already know what his thoughts would be.  

I don't know if this poll is good or bad.  It kind of seems like they have no idea where they want to take this game, but hopefully they have something in place and just modify it to fit closer to player demands.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

they would no be asking such questions if the situation wasnt dire. The game must be doing very poorly.   I wonder if the possible Do over will drive away those who are still playing it

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I wanna see them bring every amazing system from XI over and change the classes back to their proper names, as well as the party system with XI'x Con system too for enemies.  Honestly why do so many developers make such amazing original games {FFXI being SE's first MMO} and then when they go to make a sequel they remove everything that made the original awsome and replace it with worse features.

XIV should have been basically XI in a new world, heck I'd of even setttled for a 1:1 remake of XI with XIVs graphics.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

Originally posted by TribeofOne

they would no be asking such questions if the situation wasnt dire. The game must be doing very poorly.   I wonder if the possible Do over will drive away those who are still playing it

there is barely anyone still playing a free game to care. The servers are more dead then their 8yr old MMO. Business-wise they would be better off just restarting for a much much bigger potential of players then trying to satisfy the tiny a$$ population that barely exists now.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

I wanna see them bring every amazing system from XI over and change the classes back to their proper names, as well as the party system with XI'x Con system too for enemies.  Honestly why do so many developers make such amazing original games {FFXI being SE's first MMO} and then when they go to make a sequel they remove everything that made the original awsome and replace it with worse features.

XIV should have been basically XI in a new world, heck I'd of even setttled for a 1:1 remake of XI with XIVs graphics.

I dont get it either, have they not seen how EQ2 turned out (its now F2P and EQ1 is still P2P). I also dont get why they would rather go for a more "realistic approach" to a game called final FANATSY. They really dont even have many FF staples in this game aside from some mobs, the like 5 chocobos in the whole world, the moggles you never see, not even a mention in any of the games lore of the summons (we saw them in a video, but that was the end of them)

FF has some of the most defined classes in RPG gaming, yet for some stupid reason they needed to change that. Its a fricken staple for a reason.

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by zanfire

Originally posted by TribeofOne

there is barely anyone still playing a free game to care. The servers are more dead then their 8yr old MMO. Business-wise they would be better off just restarting for a much much bigger potential of players then trying to satisfy the tiny a$$ population that barely exists now.

I wouldnt say the population is really that bad I find groups without a problem most hours the biggest problem i have is the lack of english speaking players.

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

In the FFXIV player’s poll, I wish the question “Which of the following would you like to see implemented into the Lodestone?” had an answer field instead of only being able to select one answer. I would have chosen official forums and posts by the development and operations teams. I am pretty sure Square Enix is looking at the different fan sites and getting feedback from them, but that can be tedious. Having an official forum whether broken up by classes or servers or both would be a good idea.

It is interesting to note that they seem to acknowledge the biggest “potential” MMO competitors for 2011/2012 at least for the NA/EU market with the question pertaining to which games do you wish to play. Some of those games are also going to be released in Japan, TERA is one example; I am not sure about the rest.