Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the PvE like? How is the PvP?

fivetigersfivetigers Member UncommonPosts: 208

I've heard the mob AI is lacking.  Is the PvP pretty exciting?

Me

Her

Comments

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by fivetigers

I've heard the mob AI is lacking.  Is the PvP pretty exciting?

PVE is very much lacking and PVP is currently ruined further by exploits.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57251-im-ready-have-cash-mortal.html#post1080616

I win!!! LOL@U

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

You already asked this question just a few posts down....

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/301743/Looking-for-answers.html

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

hahahahahaha! ! the CEO crying over the public forums...priceless

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Better then last year certainly, last year they closed the Closed Beta, put the game into Open Beta, then went on collective 2-week holiday "because of swedish law" (story at the time) while the game was so desynced you'd walk around and drop dead 10 minutes later after actually being shot 20 times by machinegun bow or having people instalog in front of you when it was relatively stable.

As for Mob AI, look at it this way - They've been overhauling the AI since August '09 on a regular basis every month or so, if they could fix it they would have fixed it already. The "AI" is literally /spawn; /graze. You'll see wolves grazing next to gazelles, never thought I'd see veggy wolves but there you go. Gazelles are known for climbing trees if the tree gets in their "run-away" path. If you go red, you'll be most familiar with domestic pigs since they've been used since Release to bypass the Red statloss and insta-skillup in 20-30 minutes tops.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by fivetigers

I[object Window]ve heard the mob AI is lacking.  Is the PvP pretty exciting?

PVE is very much lacking and PVP is currently ruined further by exploits.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57251-im-ready-have-cash-mortal.html#post1080616

Poor babies couldnt work on New Years Eve...nah its only their only project and game, who needs to sacrifice right?  Company is laughable. So it was not possible to fix it prior to today but because they wanted to go light one up and get shitfaced they could not fix it today either. 

Most people have plans on new years eve, it's kinda like christmas and you can't expect to keep an entire workforce working that day.

Not everyone spends their new years eve alone on the computer like you guys seem to. 

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by cirsyndic

If you go red, you'll be most familiar with domestic pigs since they've been used since Release to bypass the Red statloss and insta-skillup in 20-30 minutes tops.

Ummm are you referring to a problem/exploit with the AI or how fast skill gain is?

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by osmunda

Originally posted by cirsyndic

If you go red, you'll be most familiar with domestic pigs since they've been used since Release to bypass the Red statloss and insta-skillup in 20-30 minutes tops.

Ummm are you referring to a problem/exploit with the AI or how fast skill gain is?

It's not a particular problem with the AI, since the AI is behaving as intended (attacking the aggressing player) in that particular instance.

It's a completely different pair of shoes where this "exploit" (and you cannot call it nothing but exploit) has been allowed to exist since Release. It nullifies the whole point of Blue/Red flags that MO advertises as something meaningful in-game. Sure, die as a red and spend 10 minutes getting hit by 10 pigs - where's the advertised consequence to being a murderer? I might be wrong, but going to grab a drink and coming back to fully reskilled char isn't cosequence, it's not even inconvenience.

The same approach to game-design you can notice everywhere in MO - if it isn't broken beyond all belief and nobody or very little people complain about it, nothing will be done about it regardless of the original design of the game.

Is Tindrem in-game, or is the AI still being "overhauled" again to allow for moving guards? :))))