Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is probably a long shot but is there a good online multiplayer or mmo with an ao setting or glo

AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

I recently tried global agenda I loved it, and realized I am tired of the pure high fantasy setting, and want something differant, only problem is its mostly pvp, eventually all the pve missions start looking the same, but the 1-20 open world pve content rocks, and I know I will enjoy the pvp, it seems to have many pvp modes, so I will probably buy it since there is no monthly fee for my pvp fix.

Anyways title pretty much saids it all, and please no purely ship games thanks.

Comments

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

If you are looking for alternatives to fantasy, there's a few options.. EvE if you like being a space ship, AO or ryzom or swg if you dont mind older games, for land based sci fi, or say, Fallen earth for post-apocalypse zombie/mutants with mostly today's tech for equipment.. There's Entropia also, but that's one of those real world money games and is expensive to get into at any kind of depth. Hmm.. Is face of mankind still kicking around?

The MMORPG.com game list has lots of non-fantasy listings, sort them by genre.. Lots more than what I put above, but those are the big names

- EvE - ship game, so not your cup of tea
    - AO - awesome game but very old, not sure of the population
    - Ryzom - awesome game, not very popular tho, and not sure what pvp is like
    - SWG - despite it being a NGE, it's still much better than the crap we get these days, and is pretty epic in scope
    - Fallen Earth - hop off your motorcycle, shotgun a mutant chicken in the face, ride off into the sunset.. good times
    - Entropia's pretty cool but yea.. $$
    - Face of Mankind - very pvp if i am not mistaken, and everything is player run, quests including.. not sure of pop

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

Hmmm ao is a bit to old of graphics for my tastes and heard to many bad things about swg honestly, and fallen earth yea not into it because lack of futuristic weapons and combat, was not all that impressed, its like ok there is cloning but no tech weapons or armor. Eve again I am looking for a pve game focus, and I do not want pure ship gameplay.

Tried ryzom a few times cannot really get into it, I loved the sandbox stuff that is top notch, but it did not give me a real sense of a good pve experience, sure the landscapes where beautiful but no quests beyond the island seemed kind of boring, I already did that in eq and loved it then not so much now that I actually played good pve games. Also it seemed to take forever to get new visual appealing abilities, I prefer games that have a decent pace as far as getting new skills, armor and equipment.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Earth Rise has the potential to be an awesome Future sci-fi game with good pvp, it's still in the works though, so not sure how it's going to turn out.

The thing with SWG is that the game was originally one way, then LucasArts forced a change, and all of the original players were pissed off about it, so have been debasing SWG everywhere they can, but although what it turned into was nothing compared to what it was, it still was a pretty great game, and very epic, that is to say, massive amounts of content to explore or quest through. I'd be happy if today's game devs came out with stuff that at least had the amount of scope that swg had

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Originally posted by randomt

Earth Rise has the potential to be an awesome Future sci-fi game with good pvp, it's still in the works though, so not sure how it's going to turn out.

Only problem I have seen with Earth Rise so far is the graphics. They seem a bit dated for an upcoming game to me. Gameplay may be ok so graphics may not be that big of a concern in the long run.

I don't think  would sell Fallen Earth short though. It may have contemporary weapons but the premise of the game is pretty good and the crafting, from what I hear, is pretty good.

I would also throw Star Trek Online into the mix. While I like the space combat, I am still not overly impressed with the ground combat....although Cryptic has stated they plan to change it something soon.

I do agree that the alternatives to "fantasy" games are somewhat limited.

Let's party like it is 1863!

How populated is swg? I can see myself playing it sure but with old republic coming out I am not so sure if I want to, the game may die even more then and I may even enjoy old republic more after I spent money on swg. There has got to be something else or a way I can get into beta for old republic perhaps.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Planetside, basicly the reason why GA was such a letdown...no PvE though...and the hackers may cause you to explode ingame...and IRL..but otherwise its good.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

They crackedown on the hackers thats why more people are playing now.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by Angelbound They crackedown on the hackers thats why more people are playing now.

yea im sure they do...

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/forums/show.m?forum_id=3

at the time of posting the first 7/8 top threads are threads all about hackers...

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• ZtekanZtekan Member Posts: 261

Planetside, dont know if it still alive though

System Specc
    Intel I7 4770K 3,5 ghz
    16Gb RAM 1600 mhz
    Nvidia GTX 780

Oh thought you where talking about global agenda hehe.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Check out Firefall. Should be released sometime this year.