Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinion?

WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Just posted this on main Rift boards and was Flamed, why

Ok please please make the mobs harder. As they are now the mobs are way way way too damn easy to kill! Especially the boss mobs and rift mobs! This is simply unacceptable.This is the number one MMO game killer for me. Every MMO on the market these days suffer from has this exact mind numbing problem problem.Where is the thrill of the kill? I want to feel the rush when I overcome a difficult fight.Not always but often... I don't think my H.P. bar ever fell below halfway during the entire Beta event. This is sad. This game could be a real winner if the mobs can be a bit tougher. Especially the "named" mobs. Even the Rift mobs were extremely easy to take down. This is the exact same reason i quit playing WoW. Yes raids can be tough but you have to be in a full group to even stand a chance! I like running with a group at times but the thrill is definetly better if you are solo and face difficult fights. I guess it is a balance issue to the extreme to get the mobs just right. I don't want to die all the time if I am not good at playing my class but I also don't want to completly overpower every mob I fight either. It would be nice to see my hitbar drop off to almost dead every once in a while though. I hope you guys know what I am trying to say here. If you guys can make it a bit more challenging I will definetly be playing this game. The enviroments and rift events are incredible to behold but are really no challenge . Why would I want to keep playing if I know I will easily destroy any monster that I come in contact with, without any planning or strategy whatsoever? It doesn't even really matter what skills I spam as the monster is going down regardless...... As it is now I really have no interest in playing yet another easy mode, brain dead MMO and that makes me sad as I was sooo looking forward to this game. When the game comes out I will not be buying it now until I see somewhere that the mobs are harder to take down than they were in Beta!!! Please do not dissapoint. I think other seasoned MMO players know exactly what I am talking about, Thanks!!!!

Comments

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

I think you got flamed because your 'enter' key is broken.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

It might also be because they didn't agree with you. I also don't agree with you, I think those mobs are perfectly balanced especially the named mobs.

This is not a game.

• ElirionElirion Member Posts: 160

I found the instances fairly tough if I went in with an on-level group ie 16-18.  They were very easy with all or most level 20 toons.  You also have to remember, we were only playing to level 20.  The game is still in introductory mode to level 20.   If the instances don't get tougher later I think you have a valid point.  Right now, I think it's a little early to claim it is easy mode.

Originally posted by Paradoxy

/agreed

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

I did not read all your post it was to messy,however I red the first line and I think if they made the noob mobs hard to kill they would only have few houndred players around the servers.

You need to be able to easyly solo when you start the game or most people wont even considder it. Forced groupping is fatal for most games nowdays and in early game it is fatal.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Originally posted by Zeroxin

It might also be because they didn't agree with you. I also don't agree with you, I think those mobs are perfectly balanced especially the named mobs.

All the named mobs that I encountered were no different than the regular mobs... and I was fighting bare handed!

Originally posted by Elirion

/agreed

Enter key? What is that sposed to mean anyways? My enter key is working perfectly as far as I can tell. lol

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by Wrender

All the named mobs that I encountered were no different than the regular mobs... and I was fighting bare handed!

You are confusing named mobs with elite ones. Named mobs are just named, nothing more to them.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429

You defintely need to learn how to use paragraphs...

However, I agree with your post; games are boring if they lack of any challenge. At least fights should give you a reason to upgrade your gear constantly.

**sigh *** has the entire gaming world turned into nothing but Tards?

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I thought the initial rift mobs are too easy but once you complete the stages and the elites start to spawn it's a different story, of course it all depends on who is around to help, too many and they lose all the challenge too little and it gets frustrating. Balancing rifts for a random number of players must be difficult. It has improved over the course of the betas and I think they have near as nailed it now. I'm sure you didn't try taking down any of the elite invasion mobs solo? In a small group they are a challenge, that's the thing with these events challenge depends on how many are around.

World mobs were a little too easy but they spawned a lot and they are close together, it would get frustrating getting from A to B if the mob difficulty was too high with a high spawn rate and tightly packed as they are now.

You are confusing named mobs with elite ones. Named mobs are just named, nothing more to them.

Elite mobs? You mean they actually exist in RIFT? Hmm didn't see them I guess. Didn't get to play much as the beta event only lasted from tuesday to friday? I have a job and a life. The way they are doing thier beta is nothing more than a "teaser" to sucker more people into the hype! Anyone with half a brain could easily see this ...

Originally posted by EvilGeek

I thought the initial rift mobs are too easy but once you complete the stages and the elites start to spawn it's a different story, of course it all depends on who is around to help, too many and they lose all the challenge too little and it gets frustrating. Balancing rifts for a random number of players must be difficult. It has improved over the course of the betas and I think they have near as nailed it now. I'm sure you didn't try taking down any of the elite invasion mobs solo? In a small group they are a challenge, that's the thing with these events challenge depends on how many are around.

World mobs were a little too easy but they spawned a lot and they are close together, it would get frustrating getting from A to B if the mob difficulty was too high with a high spawn rate and tightly packed as they are now.

Ok I guess i may be judging the game to much based on early lvls....

Elite mobs? You mean they actually exist in RIFT? Hmm didn't see them I guess. Didn't get to play much as the beta event only lasted from tuesday to friday? I have a job and a life. The way they are doing thier beta is nothing more than a "teaser" to sucker more people into the hype! Anyone with half a brain could easily see this ...

You mean you haven't completed any of the instances either?  That might be the reason you were flamed.   You haven't even gotten started in the game.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

If you really want to play on "hard" mode, just aggro 5 elites instead of just one, there is always this option :)

My problem with the game isnt as much as how easy are the mobs, but the fact we don't get much quest to kill bosses

its mostly kill 8 of these, collect 5 of these, with the occasionally burn 6 of these

and rift being nothing more than side quest

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• EvilAnimalEvilAnimal Member UncommonPosts: 28

if u played soooo much that u didn't even see one fuckn elite mob, you shouldn't open a thread like this.

it's same like saying there is no crafting in rift and later on: "oh wait, i just didn't play the game at all, coz i have a life and a job, so i just wanted to hate it a bit"

• AchillezAchillez Member UncommonPosts: 105

While I would almost agree with you, I can't. As it stands now, I think there is a good balance that has been struck. The distance between the mobs and their difficulty are pretty well thought out I think because if you tweak one or the other, it's going to get a little... unfun, trying to move around the map.

As for the difficulty of the actual mobs themselves, it really depends on the location because some places, its almost impossible to not pull more than one which can be a real pain for some classes, but a breeze for others.

Instances are amazing. Perfect amount of difficulty to them, even with a group of 20's sometimes it gets a little hairy. Plenty of elites roaming around the map make for a suprising bit of fun if you can round a group up to down them as well. It took myself (healer) and a warrior about 5 minutes to duo down (as level 20's!) a level 13 elite that had almost 10,000 hp while trying to fend off adds. Was quite entertaining and challenging.

And don't even get me started on the Zone events. Those things are just nuts. 250,000 hp bosses popping up all over the map, steam rolling the underprepared groups and marching towards Sanctum to wipe it out. Got right to the gate they did too! Luckily about 60 people showed up and we put up a valiant defense! Great fun and most definitly difficult when there wasn't any organization. As soon as people started cooperating, it became a lot easier but was a total blast.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

This is why you were flamed.

You made it to level 7.

You barely left the tutorial area, if that.

The first defiant death rift is basically a tutorial on how rifts work. It isn't supposed to be hard.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by terroni

This is why you were flamed.

You made it to level 7.

You barely left the tutorial area, if that.

The first defiant death rift is basically a tutorial on how rifts work. It isn't supposed to be hard.

BAM.  /thread

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• kevjards1234kevjards1234 Member Posts: 30

thought i would try cleric..only played for about 4hrs during the whole beta due to gettting accepted late, but from what i saw and played i have to say i thoroughly enjoyed myself..even though i got a clobbering on the rifts.cant wait for release of this game.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

I actually died around 20ish times this week in Freemarch and even a few times before then.. It was refreshing.. But then again i was pretty much playing a full-on bard so that might've been why.. Either way its a interesting class and i see the potential!

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta