Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will happen when the NDA is lifted

whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Okay here it goes.

This is a hypothetical poll, you can state your opinion on the game why you think people will say it's positive or negative but lets keep it civil

Okay so when Bioware decides to lift the NDA from the game, do you think the reaction from the people who actually played the game will be generally positive or negative?

Try and keep it objective, look at the game, gauge what you think people will say when they start talking about it.

Note: sorry there isn't a middle ground option but the likelyhood someone would just pick middle ground to not offend anyone will skew the poll.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Comments

• ZERMINUSZERMINUS Member Posts: 241

Originally posted by whilan

Okay here it goes.

This is a hypothetical poll, you can state your opinion on the game why you think people will say it's positive or negative but lets keep it civil

Okay so when Bioware decides to lift the NDA from the game, do you think the reaction from the people who actually played the game will be generally positive or negative?

Try and keep it objective, look at the game, gauge what you think people will say when they start talking about it.

Note: sorry there isn't a middle ground option but the likelyhood someone would just pick middle ground to not offend anyone will skew the poll.

I think, as with most review of new games that come out, there will lists of good things and bad things but that generally the conclusion will be noncommital, specially since most gamesite reviewers are basically in hock to the game developer companies. It's only after three months that majority forum opinion will solidify one way or the other.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

I am not going to lie but this MMORPG.COM we are talking about. i expect lots and lots of negativety. Sadly the complaints won't be any new, just rehash of old 'graphics sux", 'it is a single player MMO', 'stories in MMO suck', 'its a wow clone' and so on.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

I think we will instantly see Swtor raise to the top of the hype list and countless emotional threads dominating the forums

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

It's not restricted to MMORPG.com, i mean generally, when someone talks about the game will it generally be positive or negative.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

I predict the haters who hate it will hate it. The fanbois who love it anyways will spout out about how they love it anyways. Then through all of that some mmo players and wise consumers will maybe possibly barely get any information that will persuade their purchase power one way or another.

I think over all it'll be annoying.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

It's not restricted to MMORPG.com, i mean generally, when someone talks about the game will it generally be positive or negative.

Generally positive, no doubt about it;)

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Dunno about you guys but I've stopped caring about ANYTHING SWTOR.  Not that it doesn't ignite the flame in my geek heart.  I just don't want to be jaded or optimistic too soon.  I say to myself "This is Bioware" but that doesn't mean anything anymore.  When a consistently GOOD company like Square-Enix can release games as bad as XIII and XIV then Bioware CERTAINLY can do so.

I will wait patiently until I can try the game, and I HOPE I'll like it.  But I refuse to get my hopes up.  Cryptic got me on BOTH CO and STO and I will not fall for it again :-P

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

I think most of the comments will be positive, but I do think that the negative side will be more emotional than anything we have seen before. It’s already clear that there’s a lot of strong emotion tied to this game and I’m sure it will only get stronger

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Whilan I normally love your posts, but this thread is kinda silly and begging for the same reactions we have seen from the same individuals that have quieted down as of late. Its so hypothetical right now I'm not sure what the point of it is. All I care about is that the game will be fun and that it will be successful and I think that the odds are that both of them will come true.

There Is Always Hope!

• knyghttearerknyghttearer Member Posts: 124

the only real way to anticipate this game is to limit ur excitement to what u actually know is in the game. there are lots of videos and dev conversations that provide us with plenty of information. unfortunately, most of the people banging down these forum doors are blatantly ignoreing the facts  and blowing their expectations out of proportion both good and bad.  i have been in multiple betas over the years and learned one main thing,  ignore the hype and the bullsh@# from the loud mouths in the forums. the games are almost always pretty much what i expected when i based my impressions on the facts that were presented.  I look forward to seeing u all in the game.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Quite useless to make a poll about that -now- there has not bin a public beta asfar im aware and its -months- before release.

anyway, taking from what i know about the game, the general reaction on the game news on several sites , the IP and general way people are acting on the internet.

its gona be negative 75% , not becourse the game would be bad in anyway. but thats the internet. people complain, and cry and complain..and complain some more , people do not talk about the good things in every game a very small minority of its players goos out in total holy war fandom and promote the game. they are also known as liers and trolls for the most part.

then theres the mayor part who is way to bussy playing the game to mess around whit forum hormone purberty.

and then theres the bigger part of the world that does not play the game,. seeing that that part is bigger no mather how you turn it .

the mayor part has a reallive ,family and jobs to mess around on the internet or are playing that other game not having time to mess whit forum hormone puberty.

and then there is the zerg that do not play the game for whatever reason that have no live or think its cool to be the best troll/ complainer on a forum and will try to make as many post about thier super purberty forum game talk powers.

Negativity will always be the trademark of the internet. be it about games, work or live itself.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Nothing will happen when nda is lifted.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Personally, I think the majority of people that have participated in the beta testing will have overall positive things to say.  I base this on the fact that so far the ONLY people complaining about it are ones that don't seem to have the facts of this game straight.  Not to look to far into that, but of the people that have already broken NDA or at least stretched the limits of it, they all seem to have pretty positive impressions or even out right glowing ones.  Strangely enough, I have not seen anyone breaking NDA or stretching it that does not like the game.  I guess it could be that I just missed their post though.

That being said, there will be some lists of things that people didn't like, I just think overall the impressions will be good.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by keithianw

Whilan I normally love your posts, but this thread is kinda silly and begging for the same reactions we have seen from the same individuals that have quieted down as of late. Its so hypothetical right now I'm not sure what the point of it is. All I care about is that the game will be fun and that it will be successful and I think that the odds are that both of them will come true.

Kei, this is just a hypothetical poll, i'm just curious to see what other people think to compare it with what i've seen so far.  To make sure i'm getting the same general concensus as everyone else.

I'm going to see every reivew thats good as valid and everyone that isn't as bashing cause i'm bias (yes i admit it)

If most people seem to think the reviews are going to be generally good based on everything then what i'm seeing is actually what is happening, if not, then my biasism is affecting things

As for the reactions form the same individuals? Thats always going to happen with every thread that either gives them a chance to or is even remotely positive.  I can't help that factor.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I think that it will be a negative experience based on what I have heard on these forums, and seen on other forums, and internet search engines. I can only hope that the Developers Lift the NDA soon, and if it is as bad as I have heard here, and seen other places that they actually redesign the game before release, because honestly I am looking at another failure of a game in my opinion if what I have heard, and seen is right. I will not even buy the game until I am sure, or unless there is a Trial of the game on release.

The only decent games I have really looked into that are talked about on these forums, and I know will be half way decent are, Rift, Guild Wars 2, and Tera, Possibly Blade and Soul, and maybe a few others which have not been really talked about yet.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

More than likely it will be the same reaction as when rift lifted its nda and folks find out the truth about it and get all bent out of shape as it was something they expected  to get but did not.

I think it will be total meltdown.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

The same thing that happens to every other game on this site:those who love it will fawn over it,those who dont will troll over it and those who dont care wont care.

• slprslpr Member Posts: 340

Dunno, but i'm pretty positive this game will be successful. It  will not appeal everyone of course, no game can do that.

• SolestranSolestran Member Posts: 342

As long as Bioware stays true to their franchise and doesn't cave in to hardcore whiners when they start bitching about players being able to get high end gear outside of raids, then I will be a very, very happy gamer.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I think that it will be a negative experience based on what I have heard on these forums, and seen on other forums, and internet search engines. I can only hope that the Developers Lift the NDA soon, and if it is as bad as I have heard here, and seen other places that they actually redesign the game before release, because honestly I am looking at another failure of a game in my opinion if what I have heard, and seen is right. I will not even buy the game until I am sure, or unless there is a Trial of the game on release.
    The only decent games I have really looked into that are talked about on these forums, and I know will be half way decent are, Rift, Guild Wars 2, and Tera, Possibly Blade and Soul, and maybe a few others which have not been really talked about yet.

I think you need to read more. Most of the hands on reviews I have seen are positive. It comes down to your own expectations. You will take an article and read it with your own pre-conceived ideas and it becomes positive or negative to you. So basically it will be an opinion as all reviews will be. 

As far as a trial. The dev's have said that they will have a try before you buy open beta about a month before release. They want to test the servers, get player imput and stagger the launch. Sounds to menthat open beta may carry over to launch so you won't have to start over. That would make launch day not as bad on the servers. LOTRO did this, but you could only level to 15 before launch. So we willmall be able try it before we buy it. And there should be many reviews prior to launch.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by keithianw

Kei, this is just a hypothetical poll, i'm just curious to see what other people think to compare it with what i've seen so far.  To make sure i'm getting the same general concensus as everyone else.

I'm going to see every reivew thats good as valid and everyone that isn't as bashing cause i'm bias (yes i admit it)

If most people seem to think the reviews are going to be generally good based on everything then what i'm seeing is actually what is happening, if not, then my biasism is affecting things

As for the reactions form the same individuals? Thats always going to happen with every thread that either gives them a chance to or is even remotely positive.  I can't help that factor.

FINE THEN!!! I voted Positive. Happy now? LOL. just kidding. Happy New Year!

There Is Always Hope!

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Okay here it goes.

Generally Positive;

On this Site MMORPG.com; it will be the same ol same old.

The bitter and twisted crew will crawl out of the wood work. The SWG Vets will start to self harm for no reason other than they can.

And I as normal will have a tremendous laugh at all the douche bags who will spend their own time hating. I think we should have a slogan campaign ..... Come top MMORPG.com the place where real RPG'ers come to <insert comment here>

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Renoaku

See now, this poster proves the point on my last post on this thread.  He has negative views of this game but seems to know nothing about it.  I mean, never mind the fact that almost all of the people that participated in the 6 hour playthrough were pleased with their experience or better.  Never mind the fact that at least one of them admitted to disliking SciFi in general and Star Wars in particular yet still had a good experience with the game and said he would play it at launch "it was just that fun".

So far the only people that really seem to dislike this game are the ones that are inclined to feel that way no matter what, but have not played it.  Let's face it too, if the game was bad this far along in beta how many people that did not like the game would really worry about breaking the NDA?  Not many since most of them wouldn't be playing the game later on anyways.

In short, I think when the NDA lifts we are going to find a lot of people that beta tested giving us good reviews with a small (and most likely subjective) list of things they did not like.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by Solestran

As long as Bioware stays true to their franchise and doesn't cave in to hardcore whiners when they start bitching about players being able to get high end gear outside of raids, then I will be a very, very happy gamer.

This is the win statement for me, good point Solestran

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Honestly, I think it'll be 50/50 - and not out of fear of offending anyone.

There are very few people around this forum (and a lot of others)  that seem to be happy to "wait and see" when it comes to SW:TOR, it would seem that majority are either sold on the game or dead set against it. Those two camps will happily cherry-pick anything said by beta testers post-NDA-drop to support their particular stance.

The only thing anyone can say with any certainty is that the forums will light up and be very VERY busy when the NDA drops. Apart from that we'll be back to the usual "he who shouts the loudest thinks he wins" of forum debates.

Me? I've ridden the hype train since announcement, played other games, seen my anticipation for SW:TOR wax and wane, and I've come to the conclusion that even if "all" it is is KOTOR 3-12, with the option to play with friends, I'll be happy enough to buy it and sub to it. I've studiously avoided beta leaks, and speculative threads.

End of the day,  I'll decide what I think of it when I get to play it.