Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Freemarch Profiled

2»

Comments

• BattlestormBattlestorm Member UncommonPosts: 136

Arg, from my friends comments about beta and the look of that picture, I'm seeing way to much WoW-structure to be happy. I'm not one for calling ANY game a WoW clone and I assure the masses that I'm not doing that now, but I will say the structural similarities I'm seeing (and have heard about) aren't helping me want to play this game. I don't like the WoW toon-town style of art and would not be happy with a game (any game) that adopted even a portion of that style.

As for children . . . leave them out. I don't want children running around while I'm slashing and hacking. I get it, they are somewhere safe and I'm out killing things. I don't need them in an MMO to feel like I'm in a "real" world. I'm all for realism, but killing kids (or having them around a lot of killing) just pisses me off. I don't want to see that crap. War is bad enough, just enjoy the heat of battle and let little Timmy stay home . . . or wherever it is safe-ish for him.

"Rifts open anywhere", "There's nowhere safe for kids", "Kids would have nowhere to hide" . . . you all deserve to be slapped. What kind of perverted, immature, and sickly half-wits would want kids to be thrown into the middle of the fray for any God-given reason. Anyone with half a brain and a billionth of a heart would be sickened by a game like that. Wow . . . really? I am completely losing faith in people altogether.

I hope those that were arguing over putting children into the game are just messing around, toying with people to see who they stir up. Holy hell . . .

Edit: I went back to look at screens/videos for the 2,000th time and I see a few structural similarities to WoW but I don't see enough of it, at this point, to consider it a serious detriment to my willingness to eventually subscribe. I'll have to see a few more good game-play videos on youtube though, just to be sure :)

• pieholepiehole Member UncommonPosts: 47

Originally posted by Battlestorm

Edit: I went back to look at screens/videos for the 2,000th time and I see a few structural similarities to WoW but I don't see enough of it, at this point, to consider it a serious detriment to my willingness to eventually subscribe. I'll have to see a few more good game-play videos on youtube though, just to be sure :)

Have read earlier that from the rift team that they allways have aimed for making a traditional mmorpg with a "twist" where the twist is the rifts and class system. Am also playing the third beta now and can comfirm that is also the case. Me myself knowing this from the start am enjoying the game but you other guys that want something completely different game should know that it has never been the goal with this one.

• BattlestormBattlestorm Member UncommonPosts: 136

Originally posted by piehole

Have read earlier that from the rift team that they allways have aimed for making a traditional mmorpg with a "twist" where the twist is the rifts and class system. Am also playing the third beta now and can comfirm that is also the case. Me myself knowing this from the start am enjoying the game but you other guys that want something completely different game should know that it has never been the goal with this one.

Oh, I love the same old thing, don't get me wrong. I was merely talking about the environs, you know, buildings, walls, avatar proportions, etc, etc. I don't like cartoony art, that's all. I hadn't picked up on that before in all of the screens/videos I looked at because it's so subtle. As long as it stays that way, I'm sure I'll be signing on sometime post-launch. Or maybe, if they have a pre-order with an "early entry" date, I'll pick that up and see if playing early is a viable option. We'll see as we get closer to some sort of launch.

That is a good reminder though. This game doesn't not aim to change the inner workings of the traditional MMO genre, it's just aiming to be a better version of the same old thing. That's certainly something I'm looking forward to. I just hope that by the end of the first week of launch I don't see people running around at max level already.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Oh, I love the same old thing, don't get me wrong. I was merely talking about the environs, you know, buildings, walls, avatar proportions, etc, etc. I don't like cartoony art, that's all. I hadn't picked up on that before in all of the screens/videos I looked at because it's so subtle. As long as it stays that way, I'm sure I'll be signing on sometime post-launch. Or maybe, if they have a pre-order with an "early entry" date, I'll pick that up and see if playing early is a viable option. We'll see as we get closer to some sort of launch.

That is a good reminder though. This game doesn't not aim to change the inner workings of the traditional MMO genre, it's just aiming to be a better version of the same old thing. That's certainly something I'm looking forward to. I just hope that by the end of the first week of launch I don't see people running around at max level already.

But are people demanding something different or a better version of the same old thing?