Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should I play

LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222
even though vindictus released this game appeals to me more is this game still going to be updated or since its sequel is out no?

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

Comments

• ItilosItilos Member CommonPosts: 39

It's definitely one of the more in-depth games out there. I'm currently enjoying it, although it is difficult to find help most times.

I would say try it and see if you like it. It's free anyway.

Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, EVE, LotRO, AoC, RoM, FoM, CoX, PotBS, GW, SWG, VG, PS, and others.

• AlutosAlutos Member Posts: 5

It is still being updated even after the release of Vindictus. Just think of Vindictus and Mabinogi as two seperate games, because that is what they are.

• TechyRadhikaTechyRadhika Member Posts: 9

Vindictus is the prequel. I just had to clear that up.

Yes, Mabinogi is constantly updated. We just got our thirteenth Generation in nearly three years.

-Andheri

• AnimeiAnimei Member Posts: 13

Speaking as a Premium member, this was one of the Asian MMos that I was waiting for along time to get translated, even though most of the NA players knew it would get seriously hacked and would have near constant gold spammers, but with most F2P MMos, thats unfortuntely one of the things you have to deal with, however Mobinogi techicially isn't free to play, as to get the most experience out of the game you have to at least, purchase a Premium Character Card ($10) and multiple Rebirth Cards ($8) to get the most out of it.

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

No you do not, you get free rebirth cards every 3 weeks. This game can easily be played 100% free.

• EllithirEllithir Member Posts: 4

The thing about Nexon is that though all of their games are F2P, they make it in a way that is very tempting for you to spend cash. Like in Mabi, if you want to look good (avatar) or pets or storage or other enhancements, you would have to spend cash. And if youu spend cash for nexon, be aware of how expensive it can be.

The community is also not supportive. Unless you join guilds, which have many good people, people tend to ignore and wont help you out with quests that normally no body does it. EX. the main story requires you and a party to go to another world and etc. and i was asking for help for a week without answer from any one.

Anyways, give it a try and if you don't like it, switch to something else.

• ze789ze789 Member Posts: 21

every month theres a new expansion...

the games awesom...

PLAY IT!

its that simple.

the story allready has ?7-14? episodes (not sure) and its rlly good!

you know that I know that you know that i know that you know that i know....

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Animei

Speaking as a Premium member, this was one of the Asian MMos that I was waiting for along time to get translated, even though most of the NA players knew it would get seriously hacked and would have near constant gold spammers, but with most F2P MMos, thats unfortuntely one of the things you have to deal with, however Mobinogi techicially isn't free to play, as to get the most experience out of the game you have to at least, purchase a Premium Character Card ($10) and multiple Rebirth Cards ($8) to get the most out of it.

Just thought I'd mention that this is no longer true. Mainstream quests are all free now and you can reborn for free every 3-10 weeks(depending on what age you reborn to, seeing as your character needs to be age 20 before you can reborn and you age 1 year per real-life-week). The only things that you pretty much have to pay for now are mounts, pets, and, for elves and giants, better hairstyles. Though, honestly, I had a lot more fun in this game before I had a mount at all.

As for the bots, you can now right click them and select to add them to your blacklist. Once you do that, you can't see them or anything they type anymore for the rest of eternity. As a result, less people make the gold spammer characters in the first place.