Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ncsoft support vs Bioware Mythic support. My (ongoing) experience

pompey606pompey606 Member UncommonPosts: 439

So a quick backstory, my hotmail account was hacked, I regained control but some arsehole had deleted most of my emails and all my contacts. Hotmail support where non existent but thats for another day. The email account no longer receives 90% of its mail so for the past year I have been using a new email on googlemail.

Nc Support -

This week I decided I wanted to go and play my NCsoft games such as GW, CoX and Aion. Mainly to give Aion a go again. I have the Username, no idea of the password. Sent in a ticket, within a few hours a reply came asking me for the details I needed. So I searched through the emails left on my hotmail, found the Aion serial key, searched paypal found the transaction ID used to buy aion. Within 24hours NC Support had concocted this and other bits of information into resetting my password and giving me access, as well as ways to prevent this happening again. Very impressed for a purely internet ticket based support. 9/10.

Bioware Mythic (EA) -

I had the same idea for my WAR account, I believe I have 5 free days on offer. So I have about a million EA accounts thanks to their games always requiring some new account. I was unsure what exact username I had for my WAR account, but in the ticket I provided every single handle I have ever used. I actually have a physical copy of WAR so the serial code was easy to get. I provided the Id required, address etc etc.

Now I tried this about a month ago and NEVER GOT A REPLY. This time I got a reply about 24 hours later. What did the message say? Nope, it was not my account. Nope, it was not requesting more details. It simply said call this phone number some time during the week. Oh great a US phone number on US timezone when I live in the UK. Thanks for your help Mythic.................. 0/10

In conclusion, I had a very easy, simple ticket experience with NC soft. Mythic has a very similar ticket set up, yet they dont bloody use it to help anyone, they just ask you to phone their number which happens to be overseas for me. GRANTED its my fault to some extent that I do not have the details, but I am the customer, and I am always right and in need of assistance. NC accepts this. Bioware shoves a phone bill up my arse.

Regards,

Pompey

Comments

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

That sorta sucks.

But at this point with War, I'm pretty sure everything related to it is left alone on how it was.

IE, the 4 devs/few mods/couple people working there didn't have some big overhall when Bioware "took over". This game is in the crapper and they know it and most likely don't care to do anything about it. So while this is indeed "Bioware Mythic", it's pretty much just mythic.

No help should pretty much be expected in regards to what you wanted..  You could always try the forums posting to Andy and see if he can help you out.

• pompey606pompey606 Member UncommonPosts: 439

Originally posted by Swanea

That sorta sucks.

But at this point with War, I'm pretty sure everything related to it is left alone on how it was.

IE, the 4 devs/few mods/couple people working there didn't have some big overhall when Bioware "took over". This game is in the crapper and they know it and most likely don't care to do anything about it. So while this is indeed "Bioware Mythic", it's pretty much just mythic.

No help should pretty much be expected in regards to what you wanted..  You could always try the forums posting to Andy and see if he can help you out.

I am a long term fan of Giant Bomb, this means I love Paul Barnett and Carrie Gouskos so I want to make it clear I have nothing against Bioware Mythic. However a support system for an MMO is very important and I must agree with you. I recieved the laziest answer possible from a support representative, other than completely ignoring me which they did the first time!

• TsaboTavokTsaboTavok Member Posts: 58

NCSoft has the best support I've encountered. People just like to bashj on them because they are Korean - based.

Update to my Bioware Mythic saga. After telling them I should not have to phone them up to get this sorted, a rep from EA sent a message back saying somthing along these lines.

" I have read through your ticket and have assesed that it is a problem with gaining access to a character ingame. I therefore cannot assist you as this is an ingame problem. Here is what you need to do ingame to reach the ingame support center."

ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME. You read my ticket and this is what you think. Nothing about the part where i cannot access my account, or how I added the serial code of my game, the payment details and address. You really think that I did this to get my character back. You lazy arsehole you did not read a single line.

I am really getting angry now.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by pompey606

Update to my Bioware Mythic saga. After telling them I should not have to phone them up to get this sorted, a rep from EA sent a message back saying somthing along these lines.

" I have read through your ticket and have assesed that it is a problem with gaining access to a character ingame. I therefore cannot assist you as this is an ingame problem. Here is what you need to do ingame to reach the ingame support center."

ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME. You read my ticket and this is what you think. Nothing about the part where i cannot access my account, or how I added the serial code of my game, the payment details and address. You really think that I did this to get my character back. You lazy arsehole you did not read a single line.

Was it something along those lines, or is that what he said?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig

Originally posted by pompey606

Was it something along those lines, or is that what he said?

This is 1 line from the message I was sent.

"I have gone through the e-mail and found that you are facing problem with the restoration of the character in the game "Warhammer Online". I am sorry to hear that you came across such an incident."

So yeah everything I said was waht he said just shortened because there is a lot more!

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Like every company it all depends who you get,  some GM's genuinley give a crap about the games community these are generally the guys who are on the first rung of the ladder and its their break to the industry whereas others just don't give a rats ass.

GM's are usually the lowest paid most underappreciated staff within the company so many unfortunately do not give a crap its merley just a customer service job to them which are ten a penny anywhere in the world.

NCSofts support i had 3 weeks of hell with when my account was caught up in recieving RMT cash via a sale I made on the auction house whereas when i finally gave up on that idiot dealing with the ticket and raised a fresh one my issue was resolved within 48hrs.

• Elox1Elox1 Member Posts: 211

I managed to get back in action after a long break from GW1 where I forgot my password.  NCsoft/Anet was able to get me going within a day or two as I recall.

I tried getting my hacked account back from WoW and after a painfully long process involving faxing in personal information I was able to get my account, but they were unable to restore most of my items or any of my gold.  -Unsubscribed.