Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Need Some New Designated Forums

TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I noticed another thread on "Would you play a female character as a guy?"  It got me to thinking that perhaps we need a designated forum specifically for this topic among others.

Every time this topic comes up, we usually get pages and pages, and hundreds of posts.  Everytime.  Infact, if we combined all the forum posts on this topic alone I am sure it would equal more than many mmos listed here.

What other topics do we get repeatedly that gets pages of posts in response?   Should we just have a designated forum with the most popular threads stickied for all time and people could just add to them?

We could probably add:

Why are my boobs so big?

If I'm a warrior how come my female toon wears a thong and no amor?

What is a sandbox?

What is casual vs hardcore?

What is carebear and is it derogatory?

WOW destroyed the MMO genre.

Any other ideas?  

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

It don't bother me none. I can talk about boobs and thong armor all day.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

I like how it is now, if the post becomes too big and most of the posts are dated then I loose interest and only pay attention to the new posts. Creating a new thread keeps me reading for the first couple pages or so if it’s a recent thread even if the topic is old.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I could look at boobs and thongs all day.

But really it's not so much a bother to see these posts continually crop up as it is an unnecessary redundancy. If people kept asking the same question repeatedly in various forums, perhaps those multiple posts could just be consolidated.

The secondary aspect is that most of the time these threads tend to follow a pattern and achieve little if any insight.  Infact, the progression of replies can be quite predictable.  For example, with 'Would you play a female character as a guy' thread we usually see the following:

You play a girl to trick people

You play a girl because your gay

I'm not gay

You are gay but you are in denial

I like to look at girls butts

if you get off on pixels you have problems

i do it to get stuff from people

I screw tons of girls and still play a girl so im obviously not gay

you're overcompensating...clearly you are gay

i think its extremely dishonest for a man to play a girl

oh shit!  that girl that gave me the lapdance was a dude!  QQ

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Terranah

For example, with 'Would you play a female character as a guy' thread we usually see the following:

You play a girl to trick people

You play a girl because your gay

I'm not gay

You are gay but you are in denial

I like to look at girls butts

if you get off on pixels you have problems

i do it to get stuff from people

I screw tons of girls and still play a girl so im obviously not gay

you're overcompensating...clearly you are gay

i think its extremely dishonest for a man to play a girl

oh shit!  that girl that gave me the lapdance was a dude!  QQ

Hmmm, add "you only play a dude because you are afraid of hurting your masculinity" and you pretty much have it all covered. Still though, these rampant arguments about it give me a lot of ammo to work with, so again, I'm totally fine with rehashing the concept. Same battle, different opponents.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

MMOs were always made to be soloed!  image

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • japojapo Member Posts: 306

Games should have forced grouping becuase if players don't want to do it on their own....LET'S MAKE THEM....HAHAHAHAHA!