Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how did you come up with your MMORPG forum handle?

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

How or why did you come to use your mmorpg.com forum handle name and what does the name mean (in case its like one of those XXXGHTopFrocsXXX kinds ;)  

For me, enigma came from the german communications machine from world war 2. I came about using it when I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein and i picked "En1Gma" as a handle when I went online. That was back in 2000 i think or was it 2001?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I get asked a lot about if I came from gametrailers.com or something, because other users with a GT suffix tend to, or they prefer the GT series of Nvidia cards. In my case it's neither.

It's simply my pen-name as a writer, because I think it sounds cool (G.T. Wander). That's all there really is to it. Picked it up maybe 6 years ago and I use it everwhere, maybe someday it'll stand out and people will remember it.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

I thought I made up some random name. I believe I was playing SWG and just needing to figure out a damned name.

Lo and behold it is some Norwegian (or the like) name and fucking Dekron Enterprises has dekron.com.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by GTwander

I get asked a lot about if I came from gametrailers.com or something, because other users with a GT suffix tend to, or they prefer the GT series of Nvidia cards. In my case it's neither.

It's simply my pen-name as a writer, because I think it sounds cool (G.T. Wander). That's all there really is to it. Picked it up maybe 6 years ago and I use it everwhere, maybe someday it'll stand out and people will remember it.

I was always curious what your name meant lol. Now i know!

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• KellorKellor Member UncommonPosts: 80

Mine is a character name from a D&D campaign I played in the 70's. He was a wizard that only cast ice spells.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I created the account with this name and thought I would be able to create a different forum name.  It was going to be GusTarball. Both are names of mercenaries you could hire in the Jagged Alliance game series.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Buckshot13Buckshot13 Member Posts: 7

I came up with my handle because when I cum I fire off like a buckshot in 13 different streams at once. It's a hell of a sight to see.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Buckshot13

I came up with my handle because when I cum I fire off like a buckshot in 13 different streams at once. It's a hell of a sight to see.

Sounds like something you should either get fixed, or figure out how to make money from it.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I tend to usually pick obscure characters from the things I've read/played.  This case is no different.

Illius is a sorcerer from the Forgotten Realms:  Demon Stone game.  I used it here when I made this account never really thinking I'd be logging into it on a daily basis years later... go figure.  Nothing specail really.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271

I think I came about this place as an AoC player, or just registered on AoC forums and used same handle here, can't really remember.

The handle in my language, danish, actually means Barbarian Bar. And is slang for an alcohol serving establishment of dubious nature and questionable content. A Barbar Bar.

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

Its same name as on my Youtube channel I mainly put videos on.

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• At heart I'm a 40k nerd. My first Imperial Guard army when I signed up for this and a few other forums years ago was the Lexxian 9th 'Sawtooths' regiment (their spelling, not mine) . They didn't really have much background and were only briefly mentioned in the Codex, so I made them my army and fleshed them out. The only information given was that Lexxia was a death world and regiments from there picked an animal to use as a mascot. The Sawtooth was a horse-sized feline capable of biting a man in half. Before becoming an NCO or officer a soldier would have to kill one, and they used their fangs as campaign medals.

It was that or use my Slaanesh army name, but then everyone would just assume I'm some SM drug addict freakazoid. Someone told me there's an anime character in some pirate show with a similar name, but honestly there's an anime character named after every noun on Earth so I don't really care.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Ekibiogami

Like Sawtooth Im a 40K Nerd. Ekibiogami was the Name I gave to my Chaos Terminator Lord. In game he cost 250 points (Lase Good Codex, Not this POS we have now.)

When he arrived (IF he did) He and his terminators Raped the planet.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

My TS name a while back was Maniac, that name was already taken, so I chose Man1ac. Tbh, maybe I should've put more effort into my username, but then again I didn't know I was gonna get so attached to the forum and end up posting 1000+ times lol.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I had to come up with a name real quick when creating a temporary UO character and Laserwolf just sort of came to me. A year or two later I saw Fiddler on the Roof for the second time and realized I may have picked it up from the Butcher character. For the longest time I thought that I was using the traditional spelling until someone starting throwing a bitch fit about it in AoC and to prove him wrong I looked it up. Oops, turns out that LASER is an acronym for "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation" and that Lazer is the more traditional spelling. Tell me that "Lazer Beam" doesn't scream cheap 1970s Sci-Fi.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

first letter of my first name, and then my last name.

Thomas Valentine - tvalentine

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

The EQ1 random name generator. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• samhigglesamhiggle Member Posts: 8

I've had a few names on this site since I found it.

Usually I go by whatever character name I'm playing at the time, if I don't remember the last name I used.

This one is an anagram, I hardly ever put that much effort into a name. Couldn't tell you why I did this time.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Laserwolf

I had to come up with a name real quick when creating a temporary UO character and Laserwolf just sort of came to me. A year or two later I saw Fiddler on the Roof for the second time and realized I may have picked it up from the Butcher character. For the longest time I thought that I was using the traditional spelling until someone starting throwing a bitch fit about it in AoC and to prove him wrong I looked it up. Oops, turns out that LASER is an acronym for "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation" and that Lazer is the more traditional spelling. Tell me that "Lazer Beam" doesn't scream cheap 1970s Sci-Fi.

Love your sig! I have that exact bumper sticker on the back of my car :P

• My nick is the product of a very complex mathmatical formula and an algorithm that I stole from a dumpster near the Pentagon.

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

Originally posted by poopypants

My nick is the product of a very complex mathmatical formula and an algorithm that I stole from a dumpster near the Pentagon.

Do I sense a hidden political funny in this? Or am I looking too into this post?

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

My name comes from an old eq1 wizard character.

• theyalllietheyalllie Member Posts: 229

I had used a couple other handles over the last 5 yrs, and decided to make this one to reflect my real political beleifs.

In review of a few of my own posts, I was aware that I may have been misconstrued, as a fence rider. I dont particularly feel it important , what people think about me, provided they have been provided with accurate information. This Nick covers much ground, with little page space.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

It's a derivative of my surname.

The name I have been called by everyone I know since I was 7.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

latin root for wind.   also funny that people that don't like me will end up calling me An-Emo.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• KeepInGatesKeepInGates Member Posts: 11

Was listening to guilty gear music. Guess witch song was on at the time?

I like how most of the world hates on Americans because we all think we're better than everyone else. Grow up, no one is perfect.