Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your security compromised playing wow?

tzattzat Member Posts: 26

At this point I have had my account locked out several times for "suspicious activity" when I leave the game for any amount of time. I am continually bombarded by e-mails for Blizzard Entertainment telling me I am trying to change the e-mail adress(even though i have not) associated with my Battlenet account, as well as spam from gold farming sites. I set up a new account to use the 10 day free trial and that account within the first couple hours of being active received spam for world of warcraft gold.

So at this point it feels as though when you log into Wow or battlenet your logging into a untrusted or phishing website.

Comments

• VazertVazert Member Posts: 60

Thats one of the reasons why I am never going back.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i kinda agree here. i made an acc for the free trial when burning crusade came out, i never subbed and since then i still recieve those emails about account investigation and stuff to that email.....  for wotlk i made another acc to try the trial and never subbed again and since then i still recieve the same mails to that other acc.....

With the old 2 free trial accounts i made i recieve mals about battlenet but i never linked  them to the battlenet as that system of battlenet wasnt working at that time. 

Now for cata i decided to buy the game with all xpacs and im still playing the first month free before subbing and im sure ill sub. since im active with this one i havent recieved any weird email to my active acc.

Now, about the security being compromised... the trick is to keep changing password regularly and not being lazy and make a  simple password like a lot of ppl that get hacked do.  never include names on ur password and if u do mix it with numbers and symbols in between the letters, the harder and longer and harder you make it, the safest it will be.... learn it and thats it...  lots of ppl get hacked and complain about it, thats normal but i bet they had a lazy pass that doesnt take a hacker or a keylogger to guess it.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

This is the wrong forum for WoW related topics. There is a sticky about Account Compromises in WoW in its forum.

Locked.

Edit : Moved thread.

This discussion has been closed.