Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most difficult game you've ever played

Just what the thread title says. Whats the most difficult game you've played? Why was it difficult? Did you like it anyway?

Doesn't have to be an MMO. Would like a video game at least though.

Really looking for something you found difficult and conquered anyway.

For me, probably the most difficult and most rewarding was main healing 40 main raids in pre-BC WoW. Required 100% focus, crazy twitch skills and judgment.

Non-MMO would have to be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Beast part II. Unforgiving and required exact timing but fun anyway.

Comments

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Tomb Raider. First two levels were so hard to complete and the third one for me was just impossible....

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• Ghouls n' Ghost. Or pretty much any game in that series. Sadistic difficulty. I'm convinced the programmers cast Satanic rituals over every copy and fed on the frustrations of thousands of players to fuel their own infernal pacts.

• XaineDharkerXaineDharker Member Posts: 2

It sort of depends on your definition of difficult i suppose.

For me, playing something like Guitar Hero at anything higher than medium is an issue haha my brain just can't seem to process stuff fast enough in that scenario - which is odd because i play the bass guitar proffesionaly so yeah, figure that one out :P

The most challenging MMO that i have played is EvE i'd say. There is nothing really that hard about the gameplay, its just the game is so deep and complex its very easy to get lost at first :)

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Descent

but I didnt give up and I actually got really good at the game and to this day is stil my all time favorite shooter

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Ninja Gaiden on the hardest difficulty is next to impossible...and that's from somebody who beat Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 on Extreme difficulty.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

MMO: EVE

Non-MMO: X3 series...you appear in the universe...no tutorial, no hand-holding...though Terran Conflict is a bit easier, its still really hard. Very steep learning curve, and for me, harder to learn than EVE is.

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

one word : marriage you cant spell it without useing the word RAGE

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

• Cactus201Cactus201 Member Posts: 160

Actually, I think the most recent "hard" game i played must have been Aion.

Actually, at one point i got so frustrated with the game that i gave the info on the forums for my account. Got swiftly banned for sharing an account and i did not even contest it.

First few levels you get a feel of the game, it's a marketting thing. The "wow kiddies" love marketting.

Then you actually get into the real thing. It's a mandatory PvP game. If you only just got started there is a lot of higher level players, like not even relevant high, and your job; is to survive and level.

Existence is a paradox. It just is.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

DCS Black Shark KA-50 - military Helicopter Simulation

Its probably the most realistic military Sim game currently....really sick game =). Dont be afraid to try it out, you can fly with less realistic settings aswell which is more easy.

nice ingame movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjSI021j-c

This is how you start the engines if you want realistic settings or the 2nd video about the weapon system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oucXaEZG0vM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-LhsTqV4is

This is a video about real KA-50 Cockpit view:

http://wn.com/REAL_not_sim_KA-50_cockpit_amazing_video

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Originally posted by Sawtooth

Ghouls n' Ghost. Or pretty much any game in that series. Sadistic difficulty. I'm convinced the programmers cast Satanic rituals over every copy and fed on the frustrations of thousands of players to fuel their own infernal pacts.

Yea lol its pretty bad when you gotta use save state on the emulator to beat it, I played thru with the top suit and weapon on Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the SNES doing that.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I would always get stumped in everyone of the Myst games. I loved the scenery and atmosphere, but bah I had to cheat on some of the puzzles in those games.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

SaGa Frontier is a pretty difficult game due to the endurance you need to play it.  Some archs require 200 hours of game time to finish, such as Blue's and Asellus.  I think the difficult part is the very steep difficulty curve.  You go from easy, easy, to tough boss battles relatively quickly and have to build up a good force before hand.  Also the amount of random knowledge is quite high for a jRPG.

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

Battletoads.

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

battletoads is the most difficult game i've ever played. i fucking hate that goddamn hovercraft level.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Castlevania on NES. Almost pulled my hair out

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Most games that got released before 2000.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• QuasiRainQuasiRain Member Posts: 125

Oh yeah! I also played Touhou

<TBA>

• mikelhkmikelhk Member Posts: 7

For a non-MMO, Caesar III can be pretty difficult if you either not fully understand the inter-connected mechanics of the game, or if you lack the foresight to properly plan your city ahead of time.

• FarReachFarReach Member Posts: 229

Original NES TMNT (Not the Arcade Port)

Because, it took me 5yrs to get passed the Turtle Van level. From age 6 to 11. lol

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Hunt the Wumpus on the TI-99/4a.

You had to make an educated guess and hope for the best in order to win.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by FarReach

Original NES TMNT (Not the Arcade Port)

Because, it took me 5yrs to get passed the Turtle Van level. From age 6 to 11. lol

that level was pretty tricky from what i remember. there was that sorry ass gap you had to jump. if you didn't make it, you were washed away by the sewer water. it took me forever to figure out how to make it to the upper half of the map in order to rescue splinter.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Original NES TMNT

NES Battletoads

NES Section Z

PS2 Unlimited Saga had my hands sweating a few times

PS2 Romancing Saga

PS Saga Frontier had me confused for a bit

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!