Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't solo and can't find a group

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I'm playing the content in Eye of the north and basicly I'm struggling to solo with my heroes and dervish. I can't get to the 3rd level of my fisrt dungeon and I have a decent dervish build.

This wouldn't be a problem as I prefer to group anyways, however I can't find anyone to group up with at the outpost I am at.

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Are you in a guild? Problem with GW for me is how instanced everything is. I really have to ask in guild chat to get a team together.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• hulik23hulik23 Member Posts: 45

its the magic of guild wars that i love. i dont any any guild, any groupies. i can solo everything in normal mode and almost everything in hard mode. u just need to find good build and start thinking when u enter dungeon. u cant just rush and hope ur henchies and heroes will take them. tactics counts in this game!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by hulik23

its the magic of guild wars that i love. i dont any any guild, any groupies. i can solo everything in normal mode and almost everything in hard mode. u just need to find good build and start thinking when u enter dungeon. u cant just rush and hope ur henchies and heroes will take them. tactics counts in this game!

Agreed but some of the dungeons are pretty hard.

I might just say that since I am slightly frustrated from my daily: Wanted! War in Kryta quest, Took me 4 frigging hours to get Justiciar Cassandra... Not my greatest hour to say the least. I rarely use consumables but here did I wish I had a pile of them.

The campaign GW:EN is pretty easy to solo but it do have some extra harder content and for it getting a guild or possibly a PUG is highly recommended.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Very true about tactics.I park my henchies around a corner at times and pull to them. Otherwise they just aggro more than we can handle.

Chamber of Chains
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Shari

I'm playing the content in Eye of the north and basicly I'm struggling to solo with my heroes and dervish. I can't get to the 3rd level of my fisrt dungeon and I have a decent dervish build.

This wouldn't be a problem as I prefer to group anyways, however I can't find anyone to group up with at the outpost I am at.

If you are not in America District 1 then you should change to that district. Use the drop down menu on the top left hand side of your screen to switch.

This is not a game.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

If you have a good team build you can solo everything normal mode (except perhaps some elite areas and some of the most difficult dungeons). You should check pvx wiki to get good build for you and your heroes. and don't forget you need to upgrade your heroes armors and wepons!

best general team builds in my opinion and many others:

Team Discordway

Team Sabway

• nezbelnezbel Member UncommonPosts: 47

I've soloed everything in Guildwars so far, only group because I felt like it. There is no reason you can't do the same. Like everyone said, its about first thinking about your personal build and skill outload. Then your heroes, their seconday class and skills outload, and finally what henchman you use to round out your team.

Its also often about tactically using your heroes at times. Using the placements to maybe spread them out not to get caught in AoEs or to use one to body pull a group back to you so you can fight safer and more effectively.

The game is also very nicely as linear or non-linear as you want it to be. So you can always stop progress, go do something else to make sure you have the armor you want, skill you want for your build and so on and come back when your ready.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by thedarkess

If you have a good team build you can solo everything normal mode (except perhaps some elite areas and some of the most difficult dungeons). You should check pvx wiki to get good build for you and your heroes. and don't forget you need to upgrade your heroes armors and wepons!

best general team builds in my opinion and many others:

Team Discordway

Team Sabway

This.

It's not enough to have a solid build for your character, your heroes need solid builds as well.  And to really have a shot at the tougher content solo, your whole group needs to have synergy.  Often, it's not enough to have three strong heroes unless they are built to compliment one another.  Select your henchies to support your hero group too.  Discordway got me over the hump when I started hitting the end-of campaign content in Nightfall and through a good chunk of EotN.  But eventually it wasn't enough and I developed a hybrid team build to support my playstyle.  The only thing I have trouble with now is the WiK content ... @#%$#%White@$#@#$Mantle!!

Ahem.

So anyways, build a group, not a collection of individual heroes.  And it really does help to analyze your tactics for each area you visit.  I used to just head out with whichever heroes happened to be loaded and blast through fights.  Not anymore.  Had to go back to basics with proper pulling, flagging, pre-buffing, etc.  Not to say you are, but I *was* getting lazy and it showed.  Now I do my homework, prep for fights, and rarely hit the proverbial brickwall ... unless that wall happens to be found somewhere in bloody Kryta.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Have you tried going into the other instances (active districts) of the outpost your are at? Such as american, european, asia and such? You can choose them when you travel somewhere instantly, might have more luck finding a group in another district?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Try getting all Necros for heroes and give them all the discord build.  at least 270 dps on one target that has a condition.  The discordWay is best when vanquishing also.

-I am here to perform logic

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Discord is a good general hero setup, I agree. It's not the best for everything though.