Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Left my pc for console gaming...

Developers need to start porting their games over to consoles...  Not sure whats taking so long, but I have not been away form my ps3 and xbox 360 for much time.  I seem to be playing oblivion, mass effect, dragon age...etc... just to name a few... quite a lot.  I really don't want to hear the excuse, "you need a keyboard," fine if you do need one I am sure logitech or another third party will make one for console needs.

There really isn't any games out right now that deserves my attention.  If mmorpgs are the only reason for someone to buy an expensive graphics cards thats really a shame.  I rather spend it on console titles... While I have a love for mmorpgs, I feel I am wasting my time with out dated games that solely playable on pc.  Not even World of Warcraft new expansion is even sparking my interest... 

I have my apple and pc for video editing, chatting etc... not to mention my phone that acts like a mini pc... Oh and kindle... Head into a gamestop store the options for pc games is a huge void...  Developers stop making games for pc or you going to end up like activision... Ooooo look what also happened to blockbuster... they stayed the old fashion way... too late...

I'm waiting for the next mmorpg... and it needs to be on one of my consoles.  Looks like DC online going on the right path... 

P.S Shame on the veterans from the old world of mmorpgs... its no longer middle earth its time to move onto consoles... except the change... please move on...

Comments

• Scubie67Scubie67 Member UncommonPosts: 462

Originally posted by legendaires

Developers need to start porting their games over to consoles...  Not sure whats taking so long, but I have not been away form my ps3 and xbox 360 for much time.  I seem to be playing oblivion, mass effect, dragon age...etc... just to name a few... quite a lot.  I really don't want to hear the excuse, "you need a keyboard," fine if you do need one I am sure logitech or another third party will make one for console needs.

There really isn't any games out right now that deserves my attention.  If mmorpgs are the only reason for someone to buy an expensive graphics cards thats really a shame.  I rather spend it on console titles... While I have a love for mmorpgs, I feel I am wasting my time with out dated games that solely playable on pc.  Not even World of Warcraft new expansion is even sparking my interest... 

I have my apple and pc for video editing, chatting etc... not to mention my phone that acts like a mini pc... Oh and kindle... Head into a gamestop store the options for pc games is a huge void...  Developers stop making games for pc or you going to end up like activision... Ooooo look what also happened to blockbuster... they stayed the old fashion way... too late...

I'm waiting for the next mmorpg... and it needs to be on one of my consoles.  Looks like DC online going on the right path... 

P.S Shame on the veterans from the old world of mmorpgs... its no longer middle earth its time to move onto consoles... except the change... please move on...

Well I guess some people need to have their games dumbed down to play them, so good for you.

• legendaireslegendaires Member Posts: 18

You think bashing your fingers on a keyboard takes skill...than I feel sorry for you...

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

How do you leave PC gaming for console gaming or vice-versa? Why can't they both be good, which they are, and you purchase games for both?

I really don't understand why some people feel they have to choose either or when it comes to PC or console gaming. If you're a true fan of gaming more than likely you own all the consoles and a good graphics card.

Originally posted by sepher

How do you leave PC gaming for console gaming or vice-versa? Why can't they both be good, which they are, and you purchase games for both?

I really don't understand why some people feel they have to choose either or when it comes to PC or console gaming. If you're a true fan of gaming more than likely you own all the consoles and a good graphics card.

It all boils down to convenience... Just head to a gamestop store and try to see if you can find the pc section for games...enjoy

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Blaspheme!!!!

While I agree that console gaming tends to be cheaper in terms of hardware upgrades, it's not when it comes down to the actual costs of software. I spend far less money on PC games than I ever did on console ones, and the fact the mods come out for PC games gives em infinite replayability. PC gaming is truly superior, and you are a fooooool for thinking otherwise!

I'm able to DL my games or just order them online as well. If you only play what you can run across in a store it makes you an amatuer, on top of being a noooob.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Originally posted by GTwander

Blaspheme!!!!

While I agree that console gaming tends to be cheaper in terms of hardware upgrades, it's not when it comes down to the actual costs of software. I spend far less money on PC games than I ever did on console ones, and the fact the mods come out for PC games gives em infinite replayability. PC gaming is truly superior, and you are a fooooool for thinking otherwise!

Mods come out for consoles games as well...have you been sleeping... Someone please tell this gentleman how to download content for their console... hopefully you bought one... 

Blaspheme!!!!

Mods come out for consoles games as well...have you been sleeping... Someone please tell this gentleman how to download content for their console... hopefully you bought one... 

No they don't, they are purchasable download content from the studios themselves, which releases on all console and PC versions simultaneously. I dare you to figure out how to get anything from the TES/Falloutnexus to work on your 360 copy of oblivion/FO3. We PC gamers get infinite FREE content, not to mention we can edit our own files in the same way that those lame-ass game genies used to, again, for FREE.

PC is superior, get back in the kitchen!!!

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Blaspheme!!!!

Player created content?  On level builders that came with the software that allow you to design your own levels and have them enjoyed by millions of people online?

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

Blaspheme!!!!

No they don't, they are purchasable download content from the studios themselves, which releases on all console and PC versions simultaneously. I dare you to figure out how to get anything from the TES/Falloutnexus to work on your 360 copy of oblivion/FO3. We PC gamers get infinite FREE content, not to mention we can edit our own files in the same way that those lame-ass game genies used to, again, for FREE.

If you want to edit games be a developer... I want to play games... I don't want to waste my time creating content... again its convenience... A pc will always be superior but its time to move on... seriously.   

Blaspheme!!!!

If you want to edit games be a developer... I want to play games... I don't want to waste my time creating content... again its convenience... A pc will always be superior but its time to move on... seriously.   

LOL...

Go to any mod site and you'll see THOUSANDS of additions to your favorite games that you don't have to be a tech wizard to get to work on your game. Paying the studios for extras is the bitchmade way, there's TONS of already made mods out there for any game you can imagine on PC. The work is already done for you.

Seriously, who is the noob now?

Originally posted by Illius

Blaspheme!!!!

Player created content?  On level builders that came with the software that allow you to design your own levels and have them enjoyed by millions of people online?

See you guys are going off topic... I want to play games not create them... I am not paying 14.00 a month and creating content for developers who cant figure out how to create "replay value" in a game.  If I am not getting paid for my creations whats the point?  Its all about money...convenience... and playing videos games...

Blaspheme!!!!

LOL...

Go to any mod site and you'll see THOUSANDS of additions to your favorite games that you don't have to be a tech wizard to get to work on your game. Paying the studios for extras is the bitchmade way, there's TONS of already made mods out there for any game you can imagine on PC. The work is already done for you.

Seriously, who is the noob now?

If you want to go create games, move files around go ahead... I will sit behind my sofa and enjoy the convenience my console brings me...  Not to mention all the wonderful games that DON'T require mods to continue their replay value... If a game is lingering on mods to keep its audience than you just another sucker dishing out money...

Psh, you are under the assumption you have to do it yourself. There is TONs, and tons, and tons of mods out there that you can mess with. FO3 had 5 expansions at cost from the developers, and thousands made by players, that are NOT you by the way, that equal out to astronomilically more content - at zero cost.

You don't have to make mods, a million other people already did the work for you.

/facepalm

You know, I don't beleive you were ever into PC gaming to begin with, because your rhetoric comes from the average clueless console kid that's never bothered to even LOOK for this stuff.

If a game comes out on multiple platforms I get the PC version, and the reason should be obvious by now; my hardware can potentially run better than any console, and the extra content is LIMITLESS.

Psh, you are under the assumption you have to do it yourself. There is TONs, and tons, and tons of mods out there that you can mess with. FO3 had 5 expansions at cost from the developers, and thousands made by players, that are NOT you by the way, that equal out to astronomilically more content - at zero cost.

You don't have to make mods, a million other people already did the work for you.

/facepalm

Heres a /facpalm,

FO3 was the most boring game (but I digress dont want to go off topic).... Its NOT a mmorpg... your off topic... 

/facepalm

You know, I don't beleive you were ever into PC gaming to begin with, because your rhetoric comes from the average clueless console kid that's never bothered to even LOOK for this stuff.

If a game comes out on multiple platforms I get the PC version, and the reason should be obvious by now; my hardware can potentially run better than any console, and the extra content is LIMITLESS.

1. I am not going to let you insult me

2. Your off topic we are talking about mmorpgs

3. If you can not have an adult conversation or express your views with out attacking someone than lets not start throwing stones

4. ehhhh your not even worth the typing....

Consoles don't even have MMOs, beyond FFXI (DCUO will be the first beyond that, so don't even try to base anything on it)... and that's basically it.

Seriously... do your research before you open yourself up to an attack like this.

Consoles don't even have MMOs, beyond FFXI... and that's basically it.

Seriously... do your research before you open yourself up to an attack like this.

OMG.......... your asleep... so dc online not an mmorpg? neither is FFXi? Like i said before you need to read deligently what I post... I said developers, "need to move on."  Your stuck on pc... you must been that consumer at blockbuster that rented pc games...

Consoles don't even have MMOs, beyond FFXI (DCUO will be the first beyond that, so don't even try to base anything on it)... and that's basically it.

Actually please make it easier for me, let me know on my post where I stated that there are mmorpgs for consoles please do quote me again your another poster that has not read an entire post yet feel like its okay to take out snit bits... and attack... read everything before you post something and that goes for everyone else... because truly it makes you seem like you read at a fifth grade level....

What I'm saying is that Consoles have 2... PC has EVERYTHING ELSE.

IF you are trying to say that consoles are the future of MMOs, you have to face the facts that it's not even like that in the present, and you are looking pretty dumb right now for trying. We have yet to even see how DCUO is going to fare, and as for FFXI, the PS2 did way better than the Xbox 360 version, and the PC version overall is smoking the rest.

Consoles aren't meant for it, but they will try to hit your market of clueless kiddos as much as they can until the reality sets in.

What I'm saying is that Consoles have 2... PC has EVERYTHING ELSE.

IF you are trying to say that consoles are the future of MMOs, you have to face the facts that it's not even like that in the present, and you are looking pretty dumb right now for trying. We have yet to even see how DCUO is going to fare, and as for FFXI, the PS2 did way better than the Xbox 360 version, and the PC version overall is smoking the rest.

Consoles aren't meant for it, but they will try to hit your market of clueless kiddos as much as they can until the reality sets in.

Here is the reality, some developers are stuck on pcs.  You have very VERY few companies that are barely making it and thats only because they have a stake in the console market.  Any fresh company that comes out with a new mmorpg in the next few years with out any titles in the console market will not survive.  

Consoles while they are inferior are affordable, no need to understand the concept of "upgrading" certain hardware to play the next big thing.  MMORPGs should and will come to consoles, why would DCUO devs even go that route...simple they are seeing the new trend and its approaching fast.  

Look up blizzards forums for Diablo 3 they are also talking about perhaps bringing it to console....  All I am going to say is, pc will no longer be for gaming only for creating them... they will be the foundation for making games but they can not surpass the popularity of consoles... there is a huge difference in emotion when playing a game on a pc and that of playing on a console... 

Reality it going to kick in and the devs that choose change will continue to grow...

2. Your off topic we are talking about mmorpgs

Follow your own advice.

Games are accessible on consoles, cheaper in terms of hardware, but MMOs have yet to really emerge and prove that it's a viable platform for them. PC games still have the bonus of hardware compatibility and infinite content, which makes it, overall, the perfect platform.

Consoles are just for people who can't bother to deal with installations, mods and game editing. It's for lazy folk, nothing more.

~This coming from a dude that's been console gaming since 2 years old, and eventually moved up to the computer master race after seeing the light. It's just how it is!!!!

• Scubie67Scubie67 Member UncommonPosts: 462

Everyone look at his join date and that his 1st post  just happened to be this thread.Haha...

He is a Troll,people !

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by Scubie67
    Everyone look at his join date and that his 1st post  just happened to be this thread.Haha...

He is a Troll,people !

Troll perhaps... tho he has a point.

Many pc gamers have made the shift to console for various reasons and If you think using a PC makes you smarter you have a superiority complex. Enjoy your half arsed pc ports and I'l enjoy great exclusives that you guys don't even know about in your stubbornness.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Not many titles on PC I am intrested in these days.

Even less on console however.

A big part of the attraction of gaming for me is still the technological advances to computer science.

Oddly enough, I find myself intrested in a Kineteq to these ends. But that would still need a game to inspire me first.

Finally some bit of support... thanks... Nice to know some of you understand... Kudos.