Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

does the game work well with the ps3 controller?

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

I've got from early Jan until end of Feb with nothing game wise to really play so i'm tempted to pick this up for the ps3 (my pc won't run it). However i'm a little apprehensive seeing as i'm used to keyboard/mouse for all my mmo games. 

Comments

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

ps3 controller works perfectly imo.

• FarReachFarReach Member Posts: 229

I couldn't see playing the game without a controller. I play on PC with my XBox controller, it works natively, but all the button tips are PS3 buttons. Square, X, O, Triangle instead of ABXY.

It's an action game and designed for a controller. Playing any action game with keyboard/mouse just sucks. I bought my XBox controller for Batman Arkam Asylum and some XMen game.  Even when you play this game PC with a Keyboard/Mouse it's very awkward to navigate the menus.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by aleos

ps3 controller works perfectly imo.

agreed, can't imagine playing it any other way

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Only problems I ever had playing this with PS3 controller is the L2 and R2 being sensitive to touch so would randomly use my abilities. Other than that it works very well.

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

I’ve been playing both the pc version and ps3 version and using the ps3 controller on the pc version. I honestly like the mouse keyboard better. Mouse look is ten times faster with a mouse versus a controller (hoping they add in a camera sensitivity slider for ps3) and I prefer the tab to select and switch targets  Compared to the l2 target lock and then hold l2 and d-pad to switch targets. Controller defiantly has its perks and I use one just as much as a mouse but, I feel faster and more precise targeting using a mouse& keyboard.

• FarReachFarReach Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by Ocirusskd

Compared to the l2 target lock and then hold l2 and d-pad to switch targets. 

Go to settings and find the "Auto-Target". I found it kind of annoying, but you may like it. 

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

Originally posted by FarReach

Originally posted by Ocirusskd

Compared to the l2 target lock and then hold l2 and d-pad to switch targets. 

Go to settings and find the "Auto-Target". I found it kind of annoying, but you may like it. 

I've played with it and its useful at times and annoying at times, but I still feel faster and have less instances of losing my target or targeting a trash can using a keyboard compared to a controller.