Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox360 and ps3 please help

william4william4 Member Posts: 36

I own a xbox 360 already ( along with a wii but not really the point here) and my girlfriend got me a ps3 for x-mas . Now my questions is do i really need a ps3 and a xbox 360? ill start off with saying that i do not play any single player games at all. i only play the online portion of any game because i like to have friends to play with , even if the game does have a single player part ill get bored of that within a day.

Also the only reason i need a ps3 is because about 3 months ago i got a new 3d tv and i did not have a bluray player and i also needed something to play 3d blurays. But this also can be done by players i see at stores for around 150-200$ .

From what i understand the xbox 360 is much better for gaming with large groups of friends compared to a ps3 so is there any real reason i need to keep this unopened ps3 that cost $386 or should i just return it for a cheaper 3d bluray player?

Comments

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

if all you play is call of duty then yeah. if you have no interest in the exclusives ps3 holds then yeah.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

if you don't care about the blueray player or free online play i would suggest sticking with your 360.  the 360 has a much better online experience.

• william4william4 Member Posts: 36

i play more then Call of duty but only the only parts of any game. I dont really know of any Sony exclusives that are gonna have an amazing online play.

And i do care about the blu ray player i need a 3d blu ray player but i can find one for about $150 .

Any one else make a good case or show some good reason to keep this or get rid of this ps3 i want to keep it but i cant really find a good reason other then to own 1.

Thanks for any opinion given.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by william4

Any one else make a good case or show some good reason to keep this or get rid of this ps3 i want to keep it but i cant really find a good reason other then to own 1.

there really isn't a case to be made.  you have to ask yourself a few questions.

do you want the blueray player?

do you want the free online play?

are there enough PS3 exclusives to make it worth keeping?

from what i've seen most of the exclusives are singleplayer games, except for MAG.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Sounds to me like you'll be making a trip back to the store to get a refund.

If you just need a blu-ray player then I'd suggest you go with just a blu-ray player.  Since you say you only play the multiplayer online portions of games you're more then likely better off to stick with the xbox.  Not sure if you're a Gran Turismo fan so I can't tell you to keep it for the GT5 but other then that I don't really see the PS3 holding your interest because quite a few of it's games are single player oriented... even if the online play is free.

Sounds to me like you're quite happy with your xbox and are hoping that one of us would somehow convicen you to keep the PS3.  I think that alone is reason enough to take it back and get just a blu-ray player.  If by now you haven't seen any games that caught your eye in the PS3 library then it's a no brainer.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

Thanks for all the answers and yes i was looking for a reason to keep it hoping one of you had one so your right i will be taking it back im quite happy with my xbox and pc gaming they suite my needs quite well for online gaming MMOs on my computer and everything else on my xbox.

Although id only use just my computer for everything sadly all my friends chose to play all games on xbox and mmos on pc.

I still have till tommorrow morning if for what ever reason someone choses to try and change my mind on taking it back or has some other good reasons to keep it. If not it will be back at best buy tommorrow afternoon.

Once again thanks for all the help.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

i would higly recommend to sell your xbox and keep the ps3. I owned both consoles and can say that with honest that the xbox 360 is a more casual gamers console than the ps3 (by the menu designs to the game audience).  I liked both, but my decision to prefer the ps3 was simple: more and better exclusives...

Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Killzone, Little Big Planet + a ton of other games (many RPG also). Its just more bang for the buck atm.

I will say selling or getting rid of my xbox is out of the question , simple reason is all my friends, about 15 friends except 1  have xbox 360 and we all play online together prolly 4 times a week. Also the online gaming with xbox 360  from what ive seen is just better with friends list and private groups for friends chatting even not within the same game can still connect and chat. where as ps3 can not do that,Unless im wrong about that , but thats what ive seen so far.

Although the titles like killzone ,   resistance ,  little big planet etc... intrest me quite a bit . But im not sure if i care that much to keep it is all.

Thanks for all the opinions and help. its nice to see a civil conversation about somthing like the xbox 360 and ps3 rarley happens even among friends.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

If it ever really comes down to it you can always go out and buy a refurbished ps3 just to get your jollies out with some of the exclusives.  I think this is something I'm going to do.  I'm gettin tired of my PC and it will be cheeper for me to buy a refurb ps3 then a brand new top of the line or near top of the line PC.

Even though a few of my friends have xbox's I just don't like any of the games it has, and any games that are cross platform I can always play on the ps3.... but anyways.  I say return the PS3, get a blu-ray player for less then half the price, and take your GF out for dinner somewhere.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-