Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The founding members of Blizzard resigned!!!!!

ARV1ARV1 Member Posts: 64

Max and Erich Schaefer, David Brevik and Bill Roper have resigned from Blizzard Entertainment today!

This is not good. I hope this does not make world of warcfart go under. And even if it does not what is this going to mean for the game?

I first saw this news at www.diabloii.net

If you want a free and fun mmorpg to play check out www.ogreisland.com
My char is MelkorARV feel free to ask me for some help if you need it.

Comments

• KingBuddy30KingBuddy30 Member Posts: 59
    World of Warcraft is more than half way done it's about 75% done. I do not think just becoz these guys have left that the other 25% of the game is going to go shit and everyone is going to have a big brake down. The CORE team for the game is still at Blizzard. 4 guys leaving mean shit all. I know they where like the 4 main guys for Blizzard but still for World of Warcraft the same team is working on it and still is.

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Track Mania Nations Forever
    Runes of Magic

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

okay.. first off. Never buy I.B.C. Cream flavored orange soda.. its nasty image

But on to Warcraft, the game is pretty much finished says bill roper.  The only thing that needs to be done are the server stress tests, and see if they can find more bugs than the Alpha team right now.

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• ARV1ARV1 Member Posts: 64

ok good

Im still getting WoW and it will still kick ass

If you want a free and fun mmorpg to play check out www.ogreisland.com
    My char is MelkorARV feel free to ask me for some help if you need it.

• jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178
    has there been any word on when the beta will begin?  perhaps what that fella meant was the alpha stage was almost done....   i cant see why a company would complete an mmo without seeing how their game actually plays.  or has anyone even heard an estimate on the release??  i mean, the web page hasnt even updated fundamental parts of the game, like the pvp section for example, if they are almost done with the game you would think they would update the site.

Let me get this right: The dragons breath knocks you over the 300' cliff onto the jagged rocks below and you want a saving throw?

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    I'm pretty sure they are going to update their website very shortly.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Staff

What will he do next?
  • killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

As I have read in countless interviews about the game, they call what they're doing right now "Alpha" stage.  I'm not to sure if they're going to invite people into the alpha stage or just make it a closed beta test.  It's up to them (obviously).

Also, I have read that they want to begin the beta in a few months, 2-3.  Not sure how the beta is going to go now, but we'll just have to wait and see... Blizzard is the KING of pushing back dates.

www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

Blizzard is the KING of pushing back dates. I agree with that 100%. Maybe fingers crossed this one will be on time hehe. Than again it's an mmorpg game bigest project Blizzard has ever done so might be even pushed back later.

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Runes of Magic

• Roman76Roman76 Member Posts: 4

We will see .
    I think that game will be good ... i hope so

• odinwiseodinwise Member Posts: 79
    the two blizzard north founders and another co-worker resigned...this really doesn't affect blizzard's overall output of AWESOME games, I don't think.  the reason they resigned is cuz "supposedly" their parent company put them up for sale.  I'm not sure about that, but that's what I heard from a rather reliable source.  If the guys that left start their own company sometime, I'm sure it'll kick ass.  In the meantime, Blizzard is still going to make excellent games.  It sucks that a few of their leaders left, but the guys that actually MAKE the games are still around ;)

Pune!

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    Don't worry the game will continue they have new members probally working because blizzard cant go down their still working on 3 projects still. WOW, Starcraft Ghost, and Gamboy Advance Games.

My strongest move is the Hiten Misturugi Ryu. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by killerTwinkie

As I have read in countless interviews about the game, they call what they're doing right now "Alpha" stage.  I'm not to sure if they're going to invite people into the alpha stage or just make it a closed beta test.  It's up to them (obviously).

Also, I have read that they want to begin the beta in a few months, 2-3.  Not sure how the beta is going to go now, but we'll just have to wait and see... Blizzard is the KING of pushing back dates.

www.mmorpg.com - staff

Usually "Alpha Testing stage" is inhouse only.Normally they dont start inviting the general public (unless you are very lucky and know some people)into the beta test until the alpha test team is done testing.Then they go about their normal process of selection of the general public.

Dont fret tho,they will have a beta test in which the general public gets invited just for the simple fact that usually players can come up with bugs that the developers overlooked.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• DaRtDaRt Member Posts: 8

What really angers me the most is that, it wasn't even blizzards fault that Bill and the others left, they left because of a dispute with Vivendi Universal(Blizzards Publisher or something..)

It was something about Blizzard not being able to do some things or something like that.

There was also the 3 Arena.net guys who left blizzard.. one of them working at blizzard for what 9+ years? Bill was there since like the beginning wasn't he? I was reading some of the questions at Arena.net and like all of them are comparing something to one of Blizzards Games or Battle.net, since the 3 guys were like the HEADS of battle.net, as in programming it and coming up with it. But all the people were saying like "Will this be like *game*" or "Are you going to make your servers like battle.net?" .. etcc.

I think that all of the people who left Blizzard, should ALL go back, all of the big people(like 8 there was I think) should go back and make Blizzard even BETTER(if it is possible :D).

And, Blizzard should also be Publishers, they have Published one game I think, Yea.. they should say BYEBYE to Vivendi and make their own publishing company :).

That is it for now, I know this is kind of a late post but had to get my opinion out :D.

Later

~DaRt

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

I think Vivendi own Blizzard man. So Blizzard cant say bye bye to them. Vivendi are the big guys they can tell blizzard what to do and what not to do. I am not 100% sure on this but i am sure Vivendi are the ones that own Blizzard.  

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Runes of Magic

• DylithiaDylithia Member Posts: 3

Vivendi did own Blizzard.  NBC bought out Vivendi just the other day. 

http://wow.warcry.com/#9056

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I hope it's not called NBC Blizzard now... kind of like AOL Time Warren. . .

I also know that when AOL and TW united,  their stock went to the toilets.  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • NeoDiasNeoDias Member Posts: 49
    i have played wow for a long time and love it.

Play today.
    Die tomorrow.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Please don't rez old threads. Jeep your necromatic powers at bay.

This discussion has been closed.