Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stop jumping down to the bottom!

I don't like the feature of the page jumping down to the bottom of the thread to the very last post instead of starting at the first. It is essential to read the first post, and most of the responses afterwards, in order, so I can post a proper response. Forcing my browser to jump down in the middle of reading a long OP post is not cool. I wish I didn't have to hold the Home button everytime I loaded a page. I'm sorry if this sounds like whining because it is. It's a tiny grievance and I'm most likely going to get flamed for it.

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

No flames

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • japojapo Member Posts: 306

Well....I'm not going to flame you, but your issue is only an issue the first time you visit a thread.  After that, going to the end is the desired result so you can see what was added.

If we were automatically sent to post #1 every time we revisited a thread, we would have to manually go to the last page every time....as opposed to having to manually click "first" to read the OP just once.

Does that make sense?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I think Xero's point is that the first time you visit a thread you are taken to the last post instead of the first. After that, jump to last is desirable but that first visit is when one almost always would rather see the first post instead of the last.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

This only happens in the quick thread option on the main page or on recent forum activity. The reason this happens is you arent seeing the thread you are seeing the new post... thus it makes sense to go to the new post.

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200

I agree with Xero