Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate: Resistance shutting down

ZhirocZhiroc Member UncommonPosts: 220

I saw an offhand remark on the Gateworld forum, and went to check over at SGR. Yep, it's going away...

"On November 16, 2010, the License Agreement between Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, Inc. and MGM Interactive, Inc. expired. As a result, Cheyenne will no longer be able to offer Stargate Resistance for sale to new customers. However, in the best interests of our customers, game play will be provided for a period of 60 days (until January 15, 2011) to customers who purchased Stargate Resistance prior to November 16, 2010. Look for more information as it becomes available."

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Just a few comments: 

1. Stargate in all its forms is a fantastic IP. 

2. I just watched Continuum and Ark of Truth again and noticed the SG Worlds trailer. Bummed I never got to play them. 

3. I never even heard of Stargate Resistance and that sucks too. 

4. Stargate Universe is much better than people say it is, but it certainly is completely different from SG1 and SGA. I'd almost consider it non canon, except that I think they have potential to bring the show more in line with SG1 and SGA as the seasons progress. 

• SemperFiVetSemperFiVet Member Posts: 83

Not only is it a shame the Stargate Worlds game never hit the market, it is also a crime.. Whiting ended up with nothing but his short putz in his hand and the millions he stole from the investors. Of course this wacko threw most of that down the drain supporting his multiple wives and buying land in Utah for his Polygamist heaven on earth..

To all of the thousands who lost their money, know this, it will NEVER, ever be over for this guy.. His payback day is on the horizon, and to a few folks who saw the light and believed in the game early on, there is hope on the horizon..

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

If I said i was surprised by this, I'd be lying.

And so, the curtain comes down on this whole sordid mess....

• ResiaResia Member Posts: 119

I am always surprised each time this company keeps showing up. It's like it has to die a 100 deaths before it is truly dead. Loved the concept of a good Stargate game, perhaps one day...until then i will just keeping watching Stargate Universe.

"Because we all know the miracle patch fairy shows up the night before release and sprinkles magic dust on the server to make it allllll better." parrotpholk

• ZhirocZhiroc Member UncommonPosts: 220

I haven't been able to connect to the stargateworlds.com forums for a couple of days. Is it the beginning of the end? Or yet another botched site management issue?

• sengosasengosa Member UncommonPosts: 2

well hate to break this to you syfy has decided not to do a 4th season of stargate universe so that to is coming to end

I already knew that. It got horrible ratings for a show that costs $2-2.5 mil per episode.

No big loss to me there. I didn't like SGU, and stopped watching after 10 episodes into the 1st season.

This answers the question. Stick a fork in it, it's done. And I bet this MMORPG page/forums will soon follow...

• supremeaaronsupremeaaron Member UncommonPosts: 189

Sites are back up.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by sengosa

well hate to break this to you syfy has decided not to do a 4th season of stargate universe so that to is coming to end

That's a shame.  It's the only incarnation of that whole campy IP that I could stomach.  I guess there's only room for one serious sci fi IP and BSG is still it, even years after retirement.  Whelp, back to the usual Xena-in-space knockoffs. 

Originally posted by sengosa

3rd season. SGU has only had 2 seasons so far, and won't have a 3rd on SyFy.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Zhiroc

I already knew that. It got horrible ratings for a show that costs $2-2.5 mil per episode.

No big loss to me there. I didn't like SGU, and stopped watching after 10 episodes into the 1st season.

Just bad timing.  The show finally looks like it got it an couple of episodes into season two.  They were deviating away from BSG in the Stargate universe(no pun intended) and more in line with the rest of the SG1/SG:A.  Does it really matter, Science fiction fans have known SyFy has been going down hill for quite a while and wrestling does not equal science fiction....

About time some no channel pick up the science fiction genre..oh look we got BBCA that has more Science fiction on it than the SyFy channel.  But really, seriously someone pickup the genre, and please don't like the SG fanchise go the way of Startrek on TV..