Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I know alot of people are going to hate me for this and I am not gonna get alot of love after I say it. However I feel Turbine has bitten off more then they can chew. Them working with Atari, the game that turned table top roleplay into Diablo.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• RubycatRubycat Member Posts: 223

its got a slated 2006 release now doesnt it
    -i mean they estimate 2006

• Kud-DukanKud-Dukan Member Posts: 34

Yep, it now has a 2006 release date.  I'm honestly not surprised, with the lack of information that has happen over the last many months, I didn't see it getting released unti Fall 2005, or 1st Quarter 2006.

But at least we now know why they couldn't say anything.

• GambinoGambino Member Posts: 31

Turbine didn't bite off more than they can chew... SOE is their distributor, and now Turbine can truely form a high quality MMO withougt Vivendi breathing down their necks.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Gambino
    Turbine didn't bite off more than they can chew... SOE is their distributor, and now Turbine can truely form a high quality MMO withougt Vivendi breathing down their necks.

I have to disagree, they decided to take on 2 new MMO's along with atleast 2 expansion packs at the same time, which is FAR more then they have ever juggled before. Sony handling distribution is the least of the factors since there has to be something to distribute first.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657
    How do you know what they can handle? Are you a insider in the company? New information along with a new website for LOTRO is out and more is on the way, Now that they don't have vividen telling them what they can and can't do they can now develope the game and release info without getting permision.  I don't think i am wrong by saying they have seperate dev teams working on each new game or expansion so it not like one team doing all the work. This game will rock just wait and see.

imageimage

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Way i see it hope they make the game basically a EQ1/DAoC hybrid .

I know ,i know many will scream for it to be original but lets face it most ideas have been tried out and WoW has proven you can make a descent mmorpg without a single thing been original.

EQ1 did make a LOTR atmosphere and did a good job from the PvE side of it.

DAoC brings in the massive battle aka RvR style warfare which i think is essential to LOTR world(good vs evil).

Though this will require making orcs a playable race .