Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merry Frikking Christmas!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

OMG what a week!  Monday I woke up from a scene from a movie.  Went out to my car and found it up on blocks, all four tires(plus rims) gone!  Police came, I filed a report - of course no finger prints and nobody saw anything!  So it was off to the tire store for new tires and rims.   Nice chunk of change that my ever so lovely insurance company only covered part of the cost of since my car takes special rims and tires(insurance companies are thieves - we pay exhorbatent amount in premiums and yet they cannot come through for us when we need them - looking for a new insurance company ASAP) 

Then, Wednesday, my 24in monitor for my gaming pute ate it - turned it on and the screen came up and then immediately went black.   Turns out it is the backlight power supply inverter board(or something like that) coast more to repair than to just get a new one! Ugh!!!    So I had to order a new one and let me tell you - it is extremely hard to find comp monitors that are 1920x1200 res compitable any more.   Most newer ones only do the 1200x1080!  WTF is up with that! 

Then...then...I get an email from my boss saying that we might lose 3 or our biggest contracts and if we do the company will start looking to make cut backs! 

It's snowing and the roads are going to be slick, and did I tell you I hate the DC metro area, and outlying communuties...this place has maybe a few thousand  people that are honest and hard working...the rest are thieves, gangsters and government muck dwellers living off hard working Americans taxes.    Traffic sucks 90% of the time - commutes are murder....let me tell you - toss in snow and it is insane.   Worse than Minneapolis ever was.  

Things better start looking up soon, because I have just about had it. 

So yeah...Merry Frikking Christmas!

Comments

• duelkoreduelkore Member Posts: 228

on the positive side, you were able to replace your tires and monitor.  that shows you have decent pay, common sense, ability to save money in the event bad stuff happens.   if u do lose your job, i know u will find one better.   change is usually good. when things look bleak , the real men emerge.  all the rest of the lowlifes squander and die, while you forge ahead.   be proud of your resilience.     u probably have more friends than i do. thats a good thing.   u might even have someone that loves u.   my bird loves me, but she shits on my floor.  my christmas dinner will be burger king or mcdonalds.   maybe taco bell.  im playing it by ear, dont wanna commit to one place just yet.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Teala

OMG what a week!  Monday I woke up from a scene from a movie.  Went out to my car and found it up on blocks, all four tires(plus rims) gone!  Police came, I filed a report - of course no finger prints and nobody saw anything!  So it was off to the tire store for new tires and rims.   Nice chunk of change that my ever so lovely insurance company only covered part of the cost of since my car takes special rims and tires(insurance companies are thieves - we pay exhorbatent amount in premiums and yet they cannot come through for us when we need them - looking for a new insurance company ASAP) 

Then, Wednesday, my 24in monitor for my gaming pute ate it - turned it on and the screen came up and then immediately went black.   Turns out it is the backlight power supply inverter board(or something like that) coast more to repair than to just get a new one! Ugh!!!    So I had to order a new one and let me tell you - it is extremely hard to find comp monitors that are 1920x1200 res compitable any more.   Most newer ones only do the 1200x1080!  WTF is up with that! 

Then...then...I get an email from my boss saying that we might lose 3 or our biggest contracts and if we do the company will start looking to make cut backs! 

It's snowing and the roads are going to be slick, and did I tell you I hate the DC metro area, and outlying communuties...this place has maybe a few thousand  people that are honest and hard working...the rest are thieves, gangsters and government muck dwellers living off hard working Americans taxes.    Traffic sucks 90% of the time - commutes are murder....let me tell you - toss in snow and it is insane.   Worse than Minneapolis ever was.  

aww im sorry :(

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by duelkore

on the positive side, you were able to replace your tires and monitor.  that shows you have decent pay, common sense, ability to save money in the event bad stuff happens.   if u do lose your job, i know u will find one better.   change is usually good. when things look bleak , the real men emerge.  all the rest of the lowlifes squander and die, while you forge ahead.   be proud of your resilience.     u probably have more friends than i do. thats a good thing.   u might even have someone that loves u.   my bird loves me, but she shits on my floor.  my christmas dinner will be burger king or mcdonalds.   maybe taco bell.  im playing it by ear, dont wanna commit to one place just yet.

Whataburger has a new sandwich called 5-3-1. It's got 2 meat patties, cheese, 5 pickles, 3 onion rings, and some kind of non-descript pepper sauce. It's a pretty good burger.

edit. oops, forgot that Whataburger is only closed one day out of the year and that's christmas.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • CrocolixCrocolix Member Posts: 221
    more fu;ck plz
  • ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Originally posted by Teala

Shouldn't it be Merry Fracking Christmas?

Anyway, have a drink!