Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the worst pc game you have played?

genarogenaro Member Posts: 4

As the title says, what are some of the worst pc games you have played.

Comments

• FarReachFarReach Member Posts: 229

Spore was a pretty awful game. It's probably the only one that I can honestly say I've "played", because I played it all the way through until the end. Only then did I realize what a pile of crap it really was.

I've tried lots of games that didn't stay on the hard drive very long. 

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Would Archmage count? What about EvE Online? Not because the game itself sucks, I just can't get into it.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

Saints Row 2. Although that was more of a abysmal port than a bad game. There have been a few budget titles that looked as if they were 10 years old, had no AI, all guns sounded the same, the enemies glided and glitched over the landscape and the landscape was a barren desert of nothingness with a few tree like objects scatterd (i say tree like becouse they were just large stick with no branches or leaves) around.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Driver 3 was by far the worst PC game I've ever played. The only game I've ever played where the gamepad controls felt like you were using a K/M while drunk.

Oh and Pools of Radiance for raping my OS real goodimage

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

within the last few years.... CnC4 takes the top spot.

• aaradunaaradun Member Posts: 91

FFXIV

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Daikatana was pertty dam bad.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• vyper21oovyper21oo Member Posts: 48

Gothic III  oh hell really any of the Gothic games.

Two Worlds  is pretty horrible  as well.

Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
    Take the quiz!

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by vyper21oo

I found Gothic III to be "alright" once you installed the community patches and maybe a couple mods, but I swear the previous two Gothic games were built for masochists. 

I suppose, however, that I would have to say the worst game I've ever played on the PC would have to be Three Kingdoms, a defunct F2P MMORPG, and I really had to think hard about that.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Jade Empire.

REALITY CHECK

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Back in the first person shooter days, I mistakenly picked up a first person police tactics game.  One of those sneak in, kill the baddies and resuce the hostages things.  Uninstalled right after the game freaked over me shooting a hostage.  I play for fun, not for more stress.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

That's a good question...

If I don't like a game, usually because of the controls or animation sync (looking at your FFXIV), I'll stop playing after a few minutes.

Back when I was a kid, I never could figure out how to play Populous, but that's not really the games fault, since I was really young... There's just so many games that I didn't like that I really can't choose.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

This is a hard question to answer, mostly because as time passes, I think, it's easy to forget how truly bad a game was. And more recent games that I NOW think are terrible, I played long enough that I obviously enjoyed them for at least some period of time before fully realizing how awful they are. (Please excuse all the bad grammar you'll find in this post, it's late, I'm tired.)

Having said all that, my picks would be as follows, in no particular order:

1. Warhammer Online

2. World of Warcraft (for me this game died a slow death as I realized it was a horrible repetitive chore, not even a game)

3. Singles: Flirt Up Your Life

4. Second Life

While I realize a lot of people will disagree with my choices, I have reasons for picking each one.

It would be much easier to answer what are the BEST PC games I've played. There are, thankfully, more of them.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I don't remember. I do remember breaking up it's CD into small pieces. I've still got my original Zork 5 1/4" floppy if that tells you anything about how long I keep stuff.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

You know this is a difficult question, I am sure there are a ton of bad games I've played out there, the thing is they are so easily forgettable that you, well.. forget them.

Then I had an idea, just think of games in the MMO genre and it's so much easier. Warhammer online. Not sure if it's the worst game I've ever played, but it's one of the first that comes to mind.

O_o o_O

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising......what a let down.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Thillian

Jade Empire.

Huh-what?!

Jade Empire is one of my favorite Bioware games, ever! (though I did do the xbox version)

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Probably "Universe at War: Earth Assault". Picked it up for a few bucks on last years christmas sale on steam. The graphics seemed decent for that RTS, and having totally different factions seemed nice too.

But the missing zoom function killed it. Buildings and larger units took up half of the screen, when you were zoomed out at max. WTF where they thinking?!? Even the two of three bucks I spent on that game were a total waste.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• kevjards1234kevjards1234 Member Posts: 30

Warhammer online..bit like a washing machine..everything was rinse, repeat..really sucked cos i left vanguard for it, but soon went back.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Legend of Martial Arts from Perfect world .. It makes every other horrible game Ive ever played look amazing o.O

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Two Worlds 1 was pretty bad ( Two Worlds 2 is better but not by much ).

That Wolfenstein Online game that was released some years ago. Really disliked that game.

Gothic 1 and 2 were pretty bad I thought. G3 was a little better but still bad. Arcania is better but its more of an action oriented game and the combat actually works unlike the previous games.

Baldurs Gate.. Not that the games were bad but I just couldnt get into it at all.

Any Tiger Woods game.

Warhammer Online.

Beyond Divinity.

Divine Souls.. Very clunky.

Just to many to list.

• MimiEZMimiEZ Member Posts: 225

Worst PC game of all time for me:

1. This Animorphs game...Know the secrets or something like that. 

Worst MMO experiences:

1. Guild War: Just bored me to death, 100% uninspiring.

2. Vanguard: Was ok gameplay, but too buggy, I kept getting stuck on rocks...

-I want a Platformer MMO

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I would say Blood Rayne followed by Blood Rayne II.

I actually had some fun in Blood Rayne II but the controls were such that my wrists started hurting and I just had to stop.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by vyper21oo

i have to admit I found all the gothic games to be horrible as well. Shame that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo