Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It s too bad

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

After playing both beta events, myself and my whole guild from many games have decided Rift is not a game worth playing. I know many will say, you ve barely seen what the game has to offer, but I ve been one to decide on a game, based on early experiences. I find Rift to be boring and I just don t care to log in. Out of the 50+ members from our guild only 1 is going to continue at launch. It s too bad because we were hoping it could be the game. That said maybe one day it will feel better and i ll want to log in, but as of now it s got no appeal to us at all :(

Comments

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

my guild views it as something to play around with while we wait on GW2

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

My guild will replace you OP not to worry. Gasoich Family is moving to RIFT from WAR and we are very excited about it. 60+ players and more on release date.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by Paradoxy

My guild will replace you OP not to worry. Gasoich Family is moving to RIFT from WAR and we are very excited about it. 60+ players and more on release date.

Not worried at all. I hope it gets better, but as of now it just feels meh. I was hoping but even the pvp seems lame, from what I ve read :(

Originally posted by Leucent

Not worried at all. I hope it gets better, but as of now it just feels meh. I was hoping but even the pvp seems lame, from what I ve read :(

If I were you I'd wait til Beta 3 to make that decision

Originally posted by GamerAeon

We shall see, I will try it, but nothing excites me about their pvp at all. So many former DAOC peeps, I thought it would be much better, on paper anyways. Hopefully I m wrong but they didn t seem to bring much from that gem of a game over, which would have made the 1-20 boredom more bareable if I knew that was part of the game.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

If Rift is the game or not really depends on what you want. 4 Games are relasing next year trying different things:

Rift is the game for you if you want a regular modern MMO with better graphics than Wow. Not much new except a lot more customization but that can be a strenght as well as a weakness depending on what you want in a game.

TOR is trying to put a Bioware styled MMO on th market, and is probably in first hand for people who like Bioware games. If you hated NWN, DA:O, TO  and BG 1 & 2 you should probably stay clear of this but it has the potential of getting new blood to the genre since BW have many fans.

TERA is trying to get a more action styled combat into the MMOs. This is also interesting and have the potentiaol to bring in some new players into the genre, I know many people who don't play MMOs because they don't like the turn based kind of fighting (ok, a few small indie games are already doing the same but this gane actually looks great as well).

And GW2 is trying to change the genre with it's dynamic world, Bioware styled personal storyline and several different kinds of PvP including one that actually seems a bit like DaoCs.

These 4 games all have their own strengths and weaknesses and if all of them actually delivers we will have a lot more to choose from. The fact that Rift is the most like the games before it isn't a bad thing in itself.

I for one are happy that it seems like the genre finally add more choices for us, together with World of darkness onlines sandbox style I think the genre have the potential to start growing again and offer fun for a large crowd. Nothing bad about current games but they are very similar with a few indie exceptions.

I think for the first time in a while do the future of MMOs look bright. :)

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

We shall see, I will try it, but nothing excites me about their pvp at all. So many former DAOC peeps, I thought it would be much better, on paper anyways. Hopefully I m wrong but they didn t seem to bring much from that gem of a game over, which would have made the 1-20 boredom more bareable if I knew that was part of the game.

Trion never advertised RIFT as a RVR game. So your expectations are all wrong. Yes there will be PVP but nothing like DAOC or WAR. If you want PVP from level 1 roll on PVP server.

Bite Me

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

After playing both beta events, myself and my whole guild from many games have decided Rift is not a game worth playing. I know many will say, you ve barely seen what the game has to offer, but I ve been one to decide on a game, based on early experiences. I find Rift to be boring and I just don t care to log in. Out of the 50+ members from our guild only 1 is going to continue at launch. It s too bad because we were hoping it could be the game. That said maybe one day it will feel better and i ll want to log in, but as of now it s got no appeal to us at all :(

I don't think it is smart to judge a game by only 6 days of 1st round beta, there will be lots of stuff changed and implemented between now and release. Don't be so quick to judge.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

Originally posted by WeaponX

I don't think it is smart to judge a game by only 6 days of 1st round beta, there will be lots of stuff changed and implemented between now and release. Don't be so quick to judge.

I do agree with you, I really do. That said if I don t want to log in at all, because it just bores me, why would I want to go through that even more just to see if the game MIGHT be better. If it doesn t somewhat grab you in the first 20 levels, it s just basically what it is. If I m wrong well then I m wrong but i ll wait to see. That said , more good games(maybe) are coming out soon, and Rift will be forgotten by many I m sure by then. I m not the only one that feels this way, many have expressed this.

I do agree with you, I really do. That said if I don t want to log in at all, because it just bores me, why would I want to go through that even more just to see if the game MIGHT be better. If it doesn t somewhat grab you in the first 20 levels, it s just basically what it is. If I m wrong well then I m wrong but i ll wait to see. That said , more good games(maybe) are coming out soon, and Rift will be forgotten by many I m sure by then. I m not the only one that feels this way, many have expressed this.

And i know many have expressed their excitement over this game. But it doesn't mean anything now does it? once game is released we will see how successful it is. For now we can all just make assumptions on how 'many' will like or dislike the game just to make ourselves feel better and get some type of confirmation to our own like or dislike for the game.

Bite Me

• MilliecakeMilliecake Member Posts: 90

Did the NDA get lifted?

Originally posted by Milliecake

Did the NDA get lifted?

I said nothing that effects any agreement.

• MilliecakeMilliecake Member Posts: 90

Did the NDA get lifted?

Are you sure? Isn't any beta feedback the property of Trion?

Anyway, just asked as someone said MMORPG published a Rift article that got removed because of the NDA but they said it was lifting soon and would be re-published.

Originally posted by Nikkita

And i know many have expressed their excitement over this game. But it doesn't mean anything now does it? once game is released we will see how successful it is. For now we can all just make assumptions on how 'many' will like or dislike the game just to make ourselves feel better and get some type of confirmation to our own like or dislike for the game.

I m not making any assumptions on how many people will like or dislike the game. I m just saying what myself, and my whole guild feels. I m glad theres alot of people that like it, they ll keep the game alive to make it an enjoyable game for more one day hopefully. Until then the hype this game was getting is slowing down now, due to many people seeing the game isn t the saviour of MMOs.

• LhexLhex Member UncommonPosts: 262

Did the NDA get lifted?

I know for realz. mod request...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cagarcagar Member Posts: 98
    Trion allows you to say if your In Beta or not under the nda?

I guess with all the leaks and stuff around on games companies have bigger fish to fry then of those just saying they are in
    Anyway.

As for people worrying about population, just remember, goldspammers will help support the game too lol

70 monk eq1
    80 bruiser eq2
    43 druid wow
    Currently playing : rift

• AbraxosAbraxos Member Posts: 412

I really think this is deceptive and don't understand why people like the OP do this? You find this game boring because you and your guild are wanting DAOC lvl PVP but other posters have to dig that out of you. The OP and many other PVPers are always the most vocal to try and make the whole game sound like crap when realistically it's just the PVP isn't brutal or complex enough for them.

I can guarantee that the lore, questing, classes and overall gameplay in this game is top notch. Call me whatever but I don't care if it has PVP or not. I played DAOC and Shadowbane but don't want every game I play to revolve around that mindset. I would love to see when a poster says stuff like this game isn't for me or my guild won't be playing this game that they clarify in the original post that it's because it's not another Ultima. If people only read the original posting it might sway their opinion from a really good PVE game. It really does feel the PVPers as a whole do this after every beta that doesn't offer the second coming of Ultima or DAOC or something?

Originally posted by Nikkita

I m not making any assumptions on how many people will like or dislike the game. I m just saying what myself, and my whole guild feels. I m glad theres alot of people that like it, they ll keep the game alive to make it an enjoyable game for more one day hopefully. Until then the hype this game was getting is slowing down now, due to many people seeing the game isn t the saviour of MMOs.

No one said it was. ;)

Bite Me

Originally posted by Abraxos

I really think this is deceptive and don't understand why people like the OP do this? You find this game boring because you and your guild are wanting DAOC lvl PVP but other posters have to dig that out of you. The OP and many other PVPers are always the most vocal to try and make the whole game sound like crap when realistically it's just the PVP isn't brutal or complex enough for them.

I can guarantee that the lore, questing, classes and overall gameplay in this game is top notch. Call me whatever but I don't care if it has PVP or not. I played DAOC and Shadowbane but don't want every game I play to revolve around that mindset. I would love to see when a poster says stuff like this game isn't for me or my guild won't be playing this game that they clarify in the original post that it's because it's not another Ultima. If people only read the original posting it might sway their opinion from a really good PVE game. It really does feel the PVPers as a whole do this after every beta that doesn't offer the second coming of Ultima or DAOC or something?

I never expected that at all. I actually prefer PVE over PVP, but the PVE itself was stagnant and boring. I m not on any crusade, just saying what I feel. It amazes me if someone doesn t like a game, and expresses it how much flak they get from people who enjoy it. I never once said, anything along the lines of if anyone likes this game they re an idiot or something. I m just stating what many feel, and many obviously dont.  These are discussion forums, not if you like the game tou re the only ones allowed to comment.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Completely agree.  I'm afraid this game is another pretty yet shallow endeavor, much like what has come out in the past few years with games like AoC, FFXIV and so on.  I was really looking forward to it, but when you find yourself not giving one whit about your characters and the world due to boring gameplay and no addictive qualities, it makes you wonder what type of developers are making these games or even if they play their own or any other game.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I always hear this. . if a game is in development for years not much is going to change in a few months. . not core elements anyway. . some polish, balance yes. . but if you didn't like it chances are some new clothes and new areas are not going to change this much.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

I found the game to be lacking to hold my interest at all and I've been in the long term CB. The graphics are nice and how they did some things are interesting but it's all been done before. I can say if you like WoW you'll like Rift.

Did the NDA get lifted?

Anyway, just asked as someone said MMORPG published a Rift article that got removed because of the NDA but they said it was lifting soon and would be re-published.

Soon as in most likely AFTER Beta 3

And yes any INFO about how the game works is NDA Classified and if Trion so wishes they can bring down the hammer o Justice

Did the NDA get lifted?

Soon as in most likely AFTER Beta 3

And yes any INFO about how the game works is NDA Classified and if Trion so wishes they can bring down the hammer o Justice

So saying, boring and I don t want to log in is how the game works, interesting.