Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any free trials out there? Haven't played since launch.

scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

I am wondering if there is any free trial or if anyone has any buddy keys left at all, I haven't played since launch and back then I thought it was a fairly poor game. But now I hear about all the changes and i'd like to give it another go, heard the game was vastly improved. If you got a buddy key i'd love one ^^ also could use a class suggestion.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
-Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

Comments

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by scythe99

I am wondering if there is any free trial or if anyone has any buddy keys left at all, I haven't played since launch and back then I thought it was a fairly poor game. But now I hear about all the changes and i'd like to give it another go, heard the game was vastly improved. If you got a buddy key i'd love one ^^ also could use a class suggestion.

I have a key if you need! I sure that when you come back you will enjoy. I would suggest, chanter or gladiator.

Oops also provide your e-mail!

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177

Originally posted by scythe99

i did try 2.0 and i got hooked for couple weeks but it went away,

my advice is.... forget this game :)

• TheUnscathedTheUnscathed Member UncommonPosts: 25

I haven't tried the game since Beta and for some reason teh lag was intolerable for me. Anyone out there willing to toss me a Trial?

[email protected]

Thanks!

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Trolling aside, how is this game now? I leveled a ranger up to level 35 on release but just couldn't take the grind after that. I understand they have made the leveling grind more bearable now. I wouldn't mind giving it another go as the ranger was probably the most fun I've had on a ranged class in an mmo.

Also will comment on NCSoft customer service. I know a lot of people complain about them but I've never had a problem with them. All of my account information was lost and they  helped me within a day to recover all that I've had. I think perhaps they get a bad rap.

• FarReachFarReach Member Posts: 229

I would like a trial as well, if anyone has any. 

Just send me a mail to my inbox and I'll send you my email.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

game is much improved. the grind for xp was almost cut in half. quests give waaaaay more gold. soul healing is super cheap. drops are much more frequent. many more solo quests and even low level dungeons. basicly the overall gameplay is much improved and funner.

unfortunately pvp is almost non existent unless you'r at end level ( or want to fight end level guys). rifting is non existant. most people just pve, with the odd Abyss siege wich is very laggy. end game there are not many dungoens to run and not much to do in general except kill lowbes for AB points. the grind for end game gear is still quite substancial also.

• TheUnscathedTheUnscathed Member UncommonPosts: 25

Any chance you have a trial you can let me use?

• LunicurLunicur Member Posts: 51

I was wondering the same thing. I've been meaning to try Aion for a while now. Does anyone have a spare buddy key?