Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE releases MMOFPS next March, doesn't deny it couldn't be a Planetside title

Comments

• Berserker202Berserker202 Member Posts: 44

From all the whispers going on and all the general answer dodging going on and this here article as well, it's is safe to say a new planetside is coming, when is debatable.

• ArmySurplusArmySurplus Member Posts: 103

Interesting. A few friends of mine will be interested in this, we had a blast in that game. Thanks OP.

Family man first, Gamer second!

ArmySurplus makes no apologies if someone other than him has already posted his reply in part or otherwise. He can’t be expected to read every single post on a thread and makes no promise to do so. If you posted a similar reply before him you undoubtedly stole his thoughts and used them without his written authorization. Please return to your post and edit it so that his post is the first to state whatever the hell he was thinking at the time. Thank you!

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

most likely to be planetside 2, however knowing soe you never know, it could be anything, will keep following this, nice find...

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

From what I've read on SOE's PS forums, looks like it'll be called "PlanetSide Next". Yessssssssss, hope it'll be a decent one too, PS was awesome for the first 8 months until Core Combat and Aftershock changed the pace of the game.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Soooo this cant be The Agency?

• demiqusdemiqus Member Posts: 14

Excited yet sceptical at the same time.

PS was so far ahead of its time and an experiment soe didnt know or care what to do with it. Howether to me and people I know who played it , it was so good it has spoiled my enjoyment of almost every other mmo I've tried since because they pale in comparison to it experience wise even today.

I hope this is true and they dont mess it up, but this is soe after all

• CopenhagenCopenhagen Member UncommonPosts: 57

As far as I'm concerned Planet Side was the most fun I've ever had in an MMO todate.

Aside, from Everquest  which I enjoy'd pretty good too.

I will totally buy the game and play it.   I just hope they do it right.   God...I really hope they don't screw it up.

I still play Planet Side even today.   It is nothing compared to what it was at release, but it still provides a level of fun that can not...I mean absoultly can not be found, or even come close to in any other game on the market today.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

SoE's known for quality games - I'm sure this one will great!

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by youngkg

Soooo this cant be The Agency?

SOE said the agency has been pushed back until Q4 of this year. 

Smed was tweeting some pictures of vehicles that look very planetside.  There was also the survey about planetside2 that went around about a year ago? 

It is planetside2.

I really enjoyed the original game and look forward to see what they might do with this. 

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by TUX426
    SoE's known for quality games - I'm sure this one will great!

Quality games is one thing, keeping them in good shape is another... they destroyed PlanetSide in less than a year after release, I was a closed beta tester and didn't see it coming.

I'm definitely going to give PS2 a go, however with SOE's track record on SWG, PS, Matrix, POTBS, VG... I don't know how long it'll last.