Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No EU beta for PC: NO BUY

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Sorry, but I am tired and done with being left in the rain here in Europe. While essentially everyone who wants in US is in beta now, the only EU beta is from PS3 and for some subscribers. So the largest part of Europeans is left out, or will at best (if at all) have a few days before launch.

This is not ok with me. While I love the game as far as I know about it, and would love to buy, some things must have some consequences. You don't care about Europeans, fine. I won't buy a game that does treat me as 3rd rate person just for regional bias.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

I'm from Europe and have been in the PC beta for weeks, also got into the PS3 beta recently.

Its a global beta, the only thing to make it seem like its a US beta is the preorder access legal line, but they actually ignored that and invited everyone anyways.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Despite what a lot of people will tell you, the beta isn't supposed to be a publicity stunt. It's for stress testing the servers, balancing, and finding last minute bugs and exploits that only present themselves in the field where hundreds of players are occupying the servers.

There are free trials post-launch that are there for people who don't want to pre-order, but for every self-entitled person who sees the beta as free game-time that gets into the beta, they're blocking another person who actually wants to be productive and use the beta as it was intended.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

You can get in the beta fine in the EU by pre-ordering and sending them a copy of your receipt so i'm not sure what your beef is. There were also penty of giveaways on various sites recently which weren't all restricted to NA users, plus access via invites from SOE directly if selected when you signed up on their site when sign ups were open.

The only other forum i use for games is a UK site, practicaly everyone that wanted in the beta there got in one way or another.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Omali

Despite what a lot of people will tell you, the beta isn't supposed to be a publicity stunt. It's for stress testing the servers, balancing, and finding last minute bugs and exploits that only present themselves in the field where hundreds of players are occupying the servers.

There are free trials post-launch that are there for people who don't want to pre-order, but for every self-entitled person who sees the beta as free game-time that gets into the beta, they're blocking another person who actually wants to be productive and use the beta as it was intended.

We both know this has changed a long time ago. Even so: it is a chance to see a game. I don't need a guarantee. But I want a fair chance for people from everywhere. It is a matter of respect. Which this "message" lacks.

So I reply appropriately.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by bobfish

I'm from Europe and have been in the PC beta for weeks, also got into the PS3 beta recently.

Its a global beta, the only thing to make it seem like its a US beta is the preorder access legal line, but they actually ignored that and invited everyone anyways.

Yeees. Not like EVERY key giveway clearly said "Only for people from NA."

Must be great to be so self centered. At least we got what we want and screw the rest of the world...

• acerpg007acerpg007 Member Posts: 164

I have been a Beta tester since day 1 when they released the Beta version. And I actually have 2 extra beta keys for PC and 1 for PS3. I got it from being a long time member from different sites(Gamespot.com, MMOsite.com, etc.).. if you want one, just PM me or reply here.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

• HahhnsHahhns Member Posts: 210

can i get a pc beta key ?

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I'd have liked to test the game too. I prefer playing with my mouse + keyboard, and I want to test what this feels without game controller before buying.

If I had lived in NA, I would have been able to get into the beta through a giveaway. Because I live in EU, I haven't been able to. I'm patient, I can wait until I've had opportunity to test this game, either through beta or free trial later on. But I'm not going to buy the game until I've given the same opportunity to test before buying as I'd have received if I lived in USA. 

• Argo951Argo951 Member Posts: 123

Indeed it does not make sense that all the beta give aways have been NA only, but you seem to be able to pre-order to get into the beta if you are in EU. I have pre-ordered and sent my reciept, but it has been nearly a week and I have no recieved my key.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Coming from Brazil (South America for those who missed Geography classes), I fully understand this ;)

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307

First 6 replys after this post get a key dont PM me for keys i cant give more then that away.

for real? a key? :O

Edit: I would love a PC key.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I already have a few keys on my keyring, but I guess I can add another.

House key, mail key, car key, handcuff key, and other mail key.

• MallarkyMallarky Member Posts: 73

Key please!

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by Elikal

Sorry, but I am tired and done with being left in the rain here in Europe. While essentially everyone who wants in US is in beta now, the only EU beta is from PS3 and for some subscribers. So the largest part of Europeans is left out, or will at best (if at all) have a few days before launch.

This is not ok with me. While I love the game as far as I know about it, and would love to buy, some things must have some consequences. You don't care about Europeans, fine. I won't buy a game that does treat me as 3rd rate person just for regional bias.

I am sorry but this is BETA not  a free trial. If only players treat it as such doesn't mean that is company's intent. However, there will be free trial sooner or later and you can check it before buying.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

If there is still a beta key available, I'd love to have one,

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

This is just wow to me. Rage quit before the game goes live because you can't be a bug squasher? You want to play for free for a while rather than pony up the money to play? Do you want to screen movies before paying to watch them? Or take your clothes home for a week before deciding to buy them.

Am I off the mark here people? I've heard people complain about not being in beta before and I understand that, but refusing to buy the game because you can't be in beta is beyond my understanding.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I just love when people cry about beta testing and the criterias for entering... Honestly if you are only in it for a free preview then just wait for the (if any) stress test at the end.

Beta testing used to mean something once... It makes me a bit sad how that owrd is used today. Not saying tt is a bad thing... Just that it si a sign of times moving.

Then again who does not like a good preview.  =P But it is rather willy to make a duzz over it

This have been a good conversation

• CalamarCalamar Member Posts: 116

Funny thing, demanding beta keys or threatening to not buy the game.

Free trialers...

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It hasn't been that hard to get them anyway, i grabbed two for myself one of them for proper closed beta and one for the other one with the lvl 20 cap through pre-order. Both of those gained legit, then a further 3 keys for mates gained via using a proxy.

After all that i got sent another one via email just for having replied to the blog giving them away at IGN which i gave away on another forum. The OP makes it sound like it is impossible to get a key if you're from the EU but if you ask me it's been ridiculously easy to get a hold of multiple keys never mind just one.

Every beta will have "free trialers", if they dont like the game then there is less chance they play in release, which imo is a good thing. It does saden me however from the amount of people using the beta as a free trial when I have also seen alot of testers not even in the beta

I have been trying to get a key for a while but been beta testing another MMO

• acerpg007acerpg007 Member Posts: 164

Sorry guys, all out of beta keys. A lot of people PM'd me and all I did was just randomly chose 2 of them. I have PS3 Beta key though, who wants it? PM me..

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

I was given a beta key but it turned out not to work lol

I always get "We're sorry, due to a technical issue that action can't be completed right now. We are working hard to get it fixed. Please try again soon!"

No clue if that is the regional lockout or what.