Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returns? Also, my GoTY vote for EQ.

LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

Since House of Thule came out, I've noticed several of my former guildies mentioning in their Facebook statuses that they are playing EQ again. How does the returning player scene look on the server where you play?

Although it is in its grandpa-of-MMORPGs stage, I voted for EQ as the Game of the Year on this site. This wasn't intended as mischief-- if it were, I'd have voted for Habbo Hotel or something. It's just that EQ continues to evolve and improve, long after others have declared its demise, and that's no small feat. Adding player housing at this stage just says to me that it isn't going anywhere any time soon. That kind of staying power deserves a pat on the back.

Comments

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Luclin/Stromm has a lot of returning players, been visiting Crescent Reach myself buffing newbies. 

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,227

EQ1 is way different than when I left.  There is a lot more content and mercenaries (npc hireling) make group formation easier. If you only have 3 players each can bring a merc and you have a full group.  Then when you get more people wanting to join just drop a merc and invite new player.

• InkpuppetInkpuppet Member Posts: 38

I know my friends and I came back for good about 1 month a go after really giving the MMO world that exists out there a try over the years.  And guess what, nothing really lived up to the standards we had with traditional EQ.  Yes I know there are games with bigger and better graphics, but content wise we never found anything its equal.  Beings we have the making of most he group spots the merc addition sures up a spot that lingered when our attention was faultering.  I look at it like this, it is a game worth mention and attention.  I am glad we tried other things over the past few years, we now truly appreciate what EQ brings.