Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player housing?

GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Might sub to this game but can't seem to get definitive info on player housing?  I've read in several forums that it is coming, and a few have said it is there.  Can't seem to find out if this is a reality on the fallen earth website.  Anyone have any helpful info?  Immersion is important to me, and I love the player housing in everquest 2.  I'm a fairly new mmorpg player.  I seem to want a deeper game the more experience I get.   Hope this game is the next step.  Thanks.

Comments

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Last I played, which was just two months ago or so, there was no player housing yet.

But it is supposed to be in the works and I could swear I heard something about mid-next year, but don't quote me on that :P

Even without housing FE is a very immersive game, it has some of the best ambience I've seen in any MMO.

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

I did a 10 day trial last summer.  It's been too long to remember a whole lot.  Is there any sandbox potential in this game?

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

They promised us player housing almost a year ago; then lost one of their lead developers.

He tended to promise the sky, and while he did his best to deliver, he didn't deliver.

He was a bit of a dreamer; which isn't a bad thing.

The new team lead said that housing is "still on the agenda" but so far down the pipeline that effectively we will probably never see it.

Now that being said FE is a great game and I suggest you give it a try.  Only reason I haven't gone back is my character is max level and I have very little to do (though it was an awesome trip to max).

It is an awesome game up to the max level, tons of fun.  Very worth it in my view.

As to answering if there is sandbox potential, since you used the word potential I would say there is a whole lot of potential for it to be an outstanding sandbox.  But I wouldn't call it a sandbox really as it is right now.  It definitely blends themepark and sandbox elements but I'd say it may lean slightly towards the former overall.

I'll probably give it a try after work tomorrow.  I think I'm turning into a player who needs ultimate immersion, and less of the themepark.   Hope this game is the next step for me before I find something even deeper.  Thanks for the help. 

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

housing?... that's for girls!

what this game needs  is a dynamic event generator & sector 4. 

also better driving physics. i want to drift my horse.

I think housing is a basic feature mmorpgs seem to be ignoring.  But if I'm the minority, then it makes sense for game developers to make other priorities.  Not sure what you meant by sector 4 though?  

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by SandaStunna
    housing?... that's for girls!
     what this game needs  is a dynamic event generator & sector 4. 
    also better driving physics. i want to drift my horse.

Horses don't "drift" in a MMO that is designed as a virtual world such as Fallen Earth.

Dynamic Event Generator is an excellent suggestion for any MMO.

And Housing is not just for girls... since we all "play with dolls" anyways.

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...

Originally posted by GrayGreene

I think housing is a basic feature mmorpgs seem to be ignoring.  But if I'm the minority, then it makes sense for game developers to make other priorities.  Not sure what you meant by sector 4 though?  

I like how housing was done in SWG, part of why I am hopeful it comes out in FE someday is they may also make it part of the world and not just some separate instance like most games do.  It is too often an afterthought and not meant to help make a living breathing world that you really feel a part of.

In simple terms the game is broken up into Sectors, they are huge by the way.  By S4 it just means endgame content.  If you get the game take your time and enjoy it, S1 is wonderful.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I had a house in FE. A tent anyway. but that's about the best I could afford in the wastes.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga