Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metalsmith and Tailor is dying

For metalsmith and tailor, they are useful before level 50, after level 50, they are useless. You could find some useful scholar, cooking, jeweller kindred recipes but none of the tailor, metalsmith recipes is worth to craft. Because the armors is too much better than crafting. I don't see this will be changed in any time soon. So I'd give up my Supreme metalsmith and tailor vocation for something useful, since it takes too much time to grind to kindred reputation for the recipe.

Any suggestion?

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Yeah, that's kind of the thing, at high levels, you need to grind rep for the good recipes, either with the guild, or some sort of faction (like the elves, have nice armor recipes)

So much grinding in the game....

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

I just return Lotro 5 days ago after a break of more than a year. I have mostly kindred reputation with all factions. Currently working on Kindred with malledhadrim to get a free 168% speed mount. I have all recipes from metalsmith and tailor, they are delicatedly fine production junks.

It would be a shame to wear crafted armor in Lotro because any quest reward are far better than the crafted armors.

What can I do about them? They are only use for cosmetics.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Hmm looking at lotro gear: http://lotrogear.appspot.com/armour#head

it seems crafted lvl 65 gear is only behind raid gear and on par with skirmish/classic gear.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd