Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that there's a huge patch, do you recommend a new player to finally try this game?

TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

So i have been always wanted to play FE, but reviews always made me stay away, especially with the huge complaints about the combat

now that there's this patch which not only fix combat, but also massive amount of other stuffs, including Graphics revamp

do you, vets recommend the new players to give this game a go?

how good is it now after the patch?

because honestly, i think FE are the only game left that i have interest in, but at the same time, i have concern about the gameplay

So What Now?

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

The free trial is for 30 days if you start it before January 7th, whats there to lose but installation time.image

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/300050/Fallen-Earth-free-trials-are-for-30-days-if-started-now-til-January-7th.html

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

yep, went to the website and saw 30 day trial

i didnt think twice and now downloading it

what i want to know, how good are the changes? is the 1.7.4 patch are making a very huge difference?

So What Now?

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Personally, I like the changes (apart from the new tutorial), but there is a lot of complaining going on in the help channel. A lot of that is people just not reading the patch notes though....

To be frank, the combat in FE may well have been clunky, but due to the original "get AP from running missions" design which had players doing content they had outlevelled for AP, it was also super-easy. Combat now is quicker and more dangerous, essentially the challenge is back. There's no more blithely riding through packs of mobs and expecting to remain unscathed.

People just have to get used to using buffs and consumables more than they have been.

The revamp of combat is only partially done at the moment, they've changed physical combat and will be doing more to change mutations and the various skill lines over the next while.

As was pointed out, with a 30 day trial at the moment there's no better time to give the game a try.

Thanks, took quite long in updating the patch, almost 4 giga

although i do not know what this AP is all about ( seems important in the game ) im looking forward to try this game asap!

and the fact that for the past 3 months or so, FE have been receiving a lot of attention, from upgrades to events, it makes me interested in trying this after holding off for 1 year

So What Now?

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Did they make it so that melee combat is dependent on your position when the attack lands? Or is it still the same "I can hit you 10 meters away" that it's always been?

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Ap is advancement points or awesome points or something. You get APs for leveling and can rank up what you want, you can also get a few APs from certain quests and that's the ones people are usually talking about.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

I was quite impressed with FE as an MMO in general. My only complaint about the game was that there was nothing to do as a group. Everyone literally solo's the game from 1-45. I personally do not play MMOs to solo. I will play Fallout for that. I really hope that the combat changes make the game more group friendly but when I left you would be hard pressed to find more than a handful of encounters  in the entire game that took more than 1 player to beat.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by Warzod

I was quite impressed with FE as an MMO in general. My only complaint about the game was that there was nothing to do as a group. Everyone literally solo's the game from 1-45. I personally do not play MMOs to solo. I will play Fallout for that. I really hope that the combat changes make the game more group friendly but when I left you would be hard pressed to find more than a handful of encounters  in the entire game that took more than 1 player to beat.

Im 100% with Warzod. While I didn't disagree factually with the criticisms of combat before, I really felt the combat was better than 90% of MMOs already. Might have to check out the improvements, but I'll probably not stay if I'm still soloing through this admittedly awesome virtual world.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

well, 6 hours played, i think this game is worthy enough to sub

i just want to say that the community is awesome, even the GM, although it is quite a problem for me because i am living in a GMT+9 Area where usually will be empty if i play during noon

So What Now?

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Eventho I am currently not playing Fallen Earth at the moment, I will resub until the end of the year. I consider Fallen Earth to be one of the best mmorpg's released last 5-6 years. So yes, I do recommened at least to try the trial if you haven't done so yet, regardless of the quality of the new patch.

REALITY CHECK

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by astoria

Originally posted by Warzod

Im 100% with Warzod. While I didn't disagree factually with the criticisms of combat before, I really felt the combat was better than 90% of MMOs already. Might have to check out the improvements, but I'll probably not stay if I'm still soloing through this admittedly awesome virtual world.

Well, with the new changes, missions marked as group missions, really ARE group missions, so chances are you'll find it a lot easier to find groups in-game, as well as needing to more often. Grouping (apart from Kingman, Watchtower and NFU) was something that could largely be avoided til near level cap, that's when every players log started to fill with group missions that really needed a group to complete (a clannie and I tried doing Slaith as a duo, but had no luck). Trouble is, most people who like grouping had lost interest long before then.

I can see this being one of the major changes brought with the patch. You need groups now even for some starter town missions (new Boneclaw has a handful, for example). Many of the complaints in in-game help and on the forums have been from players who hate the fact that they need groups now. God-mode is gone, long may it remain so.