Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday with Means - December 17th, 2010 - Incoming Holiday and Moving News

burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=585333

Friday with Means - December 17th, 2010 - Incoming Holiday and Moving News

It was great to see the Holiday content go out this week and everyone running around enjoying the new seasonal goodies of the year. It was also great to see a bunch of old familiar faces back visiting us for the reevaluation and enjoying some of the new content and features that have been added over the last year.

During the next two weeks the team will be enjoying their last Oslo Christmas as in January the entire Anarchy Online project team will be moving to the Canadian office in Montreal. Norway has been a fantastic home for us for many years, but with the bulk of production being done in the Montreal office it felt like the right time for us to move and take advantage of all the new office has to offer. I personally am very grateful to Norway as it has been a fantastic home for me and my family here for the last seven years...I have two "Norwegian" sons who have had a wonderful start in this country and we will miss the many people who have been so warm and kind to us during the years we have lived here. Norway will always hold a very special place in my heart. I never imagined when I started working here that at some point in the future I would be returning to my own country to continue to develop Anarchy Online. I am especially glad we had the opportunity to meet with many of our European players here at the last player event we had here in Oslo and despite us moving to Montreal we intend to have similar events here in Oslo in the future. The whole team is looking forward to having a first event (outside of DragonCon) for our North American players in the next year in Montreal.

It is certain that the move will cause some delays in upcoming content as we do all the necessary operations to get production up and running in a new country. That being said we hope to have everything up and running as soon as possible with as few surprises as possible. Though I am certain the old systems that have not been touched for years will provide some interesting discoveries when we try and move them. I am looking forward to being in the office during the new timezone which will see us at our desks during heavier European online hours and the ability to have closer ties to Customer Service during the more active hours. The significant cost savings to the project generated by the move will be another small step in making sure that Anarchy Online can remain a financially viable project longer into the future.

The next two weeks will be very quiet as the team is being forced to ACTUALLY take some vacation so it is likely there will be no Friday updates for either of the next two weeks. The time remaining until the move is passing quickly..and new things to do are appearing every day So much to do...so little time.

To those who will ask "Can I have your stuff"...the bulk of it will be on sale at some point. Things include 3 horses and the Horse farm I have finally almost finished renovating after three years. I'll link it in the forums if anyone is even remotely interested :P

Have a great Holiday Season and hope to see you all in-game

Colin Cragg

This "Means" Cake

Game Director/Producer

Filmed in 70's "tall-vision"

~\_/~\_O

Comments

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

You have been fantastic. I hope you are able to focus just as good on AO "over there" as you have here in Norway.

KUTGW! You seem to be the messiah of AO.

-Chris

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!