Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS3 Screen Resolution

So, PS3 testers (or anybody who knows), will we be playing in 720p? I would be shocked if it can be played in 1080p.

I'm so ready for this game.

Comments

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

I'm beta testing it, right now, for the PS3 (The NDA is lifted so I can say that). So far the PC version is superior for graphics but that is always, always given when comparing a game graphically from a pc to a console.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

As a PS3 player, I highly recommend the PC version. The resolution, even on a bigger screen, bugs me because I can't fiddle with certain functions that just makes it overall hard to see. Also, when the game freezes - I'd kill for a Ctrl + Alt + Delete.. Sadly I have to power down the PS3 and go through the entire login-process all over again, which an be a little tedious.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by OrleanKnight

As a PS3 player, I highly recommend the PC version. The resolution, even on a bigger screen, bugs me because I can't fiddle with certain functions that just makes it overall hard to see. Also, when the game freezes - I'd kill for a Ctrl + Alt + Delete.. Sadly I have to power down the PS3 and go through the entire login-process all over again, which an be a little tedious.

I have no problems playing mine at 1080P on my PS3.  The chat is really tough to see, but the bigger screen makes the game feel much different then on the PC.  I prefer the PC because I prefer the 360 controller,  and because the load times are much, much faster.

I've run into issues on my PC that required a restart of the PC,  but mostly the ctrl alt del  will fix most lock up issues.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by DocEllis611

So, PS3 testers (or anybody who knows), will we be playing in 720p? I would be shocked if it can be played in 1080p.

They have no choice but to raise the res to 1080p like the PC or else ps3 disc sales will suffer.
  • SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

Almost no game on the PS3 runs in actual 1080p.  They're almost all 720p or a scalled down 1080p i.e. 1200x1080.  I very highly doubt they would render the game in 1080 on the PS3, even most exclusives don't do that.  Hell, Uncharted is rendered in 720 and it looks great anyway.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

If you want a decent resolution and for that matter graphics get yourself a PC. The lowest resoultion I use for any game is 1600 x 1200, console games just can't match that. Wonder why that guy shot you in your online shooter? Well if they are using a PC they probably have a better picture to notice you before you notice them.

Get a PC, your rez point knows it makes sense. :)

• RexNebularRexNebular Member Posts: 259

Originally posted by jpnole

Originally posted by DocEllis611

They have no choice but to raise the res to 1080p like the PC or else ps3 disc sales will suffer.

Right, cause all the PS3 games running in 720p (95% of the console's library) suffered so much as far as sales go image

• briskojrbriskojr Member Posts: 64

Probably runs a bit better on the PC at that res. Then again, they're primary target is the PS3 playerbase, so they may get more attention on the update front, in terms of UI improvements, etc. 

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The PC has the better graphics but I always found the console to be a more stable environment to play on.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

"The PC has the better graphics but I always found the console to be a more stable environment to play on."

Years ago yes, but now the consoles have somewhat better graphics and a lot more instability in play. The after launch patches which were the bane of the PC are now the fashion in consoles too. Consoles are still the more stable platform but the margin has narrowed.

• FoxstarFoxstar Member Posts: 1

Text is -insanely- hard to see for me, but my TV only does 1080i, max. It makes trying to pick which powers to select very fustrating.