Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An apology to my World of Warcraft friends

Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36

I was a fool not to see it. I was blind to the truth. It was standing right in front of me the whole time and I didn't even see it. I didn't even know it was there but now I do know it's there and I am so sorry for not caring for it's presence. I'm sorry I didn't see your happiness, your joy, you pleasure when you killed another womp rat, leveled another toon and survived another 12 hour raid with your friends of Azeroth and your friends of  WoW. 

I was so mean to you, I was cruel!!! I called you so many bad names. I told you you were dumb and stupid to be playing such a simple and easy game when all the while it was me who was really suffering. It was me who didn't like the game, not you, but me and others like me who found themselves alone in a world where the minority were the loudest, but they were not the happiest. They were not satisified with the way things were, the status quo, they were lonely and they didn't even know, we didn't see our loneliness staring right at us, daring us to look in the mirror and confront our loneliness our fears...our pain. 

But we didn't, I didn't and as a result the silent majority kept marching on to the beat of their very own drum. They kept on playing their game, leveling their characters in peace while I and others like myself screamed in agony, we screamed in pain for something better, something more to satisfy our hunger, quench our thirst and fill our bellies. Sadly our cries fell on deaf ears, leaving us alone in the darkness, leaving us alone in the cold with empty bellies and unknown fears. 

I was sad because I was alone. I didn't have a game to play. I didn't have a realm to call my own making me essentially homeless in a world, a forum where gaming was everything. Gaming was a way of life, a way to past the time. Without out a game to play I couldn't pass the time so the only way to do so was to vent and vent I did. I wrote nasty letters to the people, the silent majority, the people who were happy, the people who were content. I wrote them nasty letters, I wrote them a dirty song. Look at my history, just look at my past and you will see my anger, you will see rage, but most of all you will see my terrible, terrible hate.

I am not proud of my actions. What I did was wrong. The things I said were foolish and borderline childish and I apologize for my behavior. I apologize from the bottom of my heart because your happiness, your joy means a lot to me. It makes me a better person, a more compassionate gamer and a more understanding man. I may not like World of Warcraft, or games like it, but who am I to deny you of your happiness? What right do I have to tell you how to play your game and have your fun? 

I saw first hand the joy and happiness this game brings to people. My friend and I stood in line waiting for the bell to drop. All around us were people from all different backgrounds, different religions and different ways of life, waiting for that came to come out and greet them with open arms and a smile. I saw the happiness, I felt the joy and it was beautiful, it was pure bliss. 

This is what it is all about I said to myself as we drove home. People playing together, laughing together as a collective unit, as a family of gamers with a common purpose, a common interest and a common goal. It was right in front of me the whole time and I couldn't believe I didn't see it before, the people, the smiles, the joy this game brings to their heart of hearts, their soul of souls. I tried to tear these people down. I tried to break their spirits, telling them they were stupid, screaming at them that they were dumb for playing such a simple and easy game when in reality it was ME who was stupid, it was ME who was dumb because I didn't see the people standing right in front of me, smiling, laughing, having a good time all because they could be together in a game they loved and cherished. 

I see you clearly now, I see your happiness and I see your joy and I love you with every bone in my body and every vein in my heart. I love you for the smiles and the joy you bring to this world with your energy and passion for the game. I apologize for my blindness, my anger clouded my judgement, fogged my vision, fueled my rage, and now that the fog is clear my rage is gone and my anger has subsided. My anger, is gone. 

I will probably never love the game of WoW(unless they make a WoWville), but one thing is for certain, I will always love you. I love you because I care. I apologize for my actions. I hope you can forgive me and I hope I can continue to grow and be a better person, a better gamer and most of all, a better man. Thank you for reading my friends. Thank you for listening to my words and most of all thank you for listening to my apology.

Tim Braid

AKA Timmy

Comments

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

Awesome read. Dont know if this is a troll or not, but awesome none the less. I think a tear might of even slipped!

• Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally posted by Neiken

Awesome read. Dont know if this is a troll or not, but awesome none the less. I think a tear might of even slipped!

I assure you Neiken my post was not meant to be that of a troll. I truely meant what I said and I truely apologize for the harm I have caused to my World of Warcraft addicts and World of Warcraft friends.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Arent't womp rats from Star Wars?

*edit* and WoWville would probably make more money than WoW ever did.

*editedit* womp rats are omnivorous natives of the planet Tatooine.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

What if the people of WoWville and the people of Warcraft were to co-exist as one? One group of players contributing to the game via browser and the other group of players contributing via ingame. Don't you think that would be grand? Womp rats may belong to the Star Wars Universe, but tell me this Mr. Bones, when you play in the world of Azeroth and you look up at the sky at night...don't you see stars?? When you and your friends are engaged in an epic raid of massive proportions, aren't you involved in a War?? I know my reasoning may be stretching it quite a bit, but the overall meaning of my message is the same. Womp rats or not, I understand your passion to play the game. I understand your love for the WoW.

Tim Braid

AKA Timmy 

• HyperfishHyperfish Member Posts: 101

That was truly beautiful, I wish I could study myself as intimately as you clearly have. If only I could, I might be able to feel something other then RAGE.  My hatred for WoW has destroyed my ability to connect with anyone on a broadband level and for that I am now less a man more a rage filled bucket of sputum.  Much like one of those darkside fellows in your World Of StarWarsingcraft.

At least you've seen the light and for that I'm thankful. Live long and don't foster.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Very good one. the part with "when you play in the world of Azeroth and you look up at the sky at night...don't you see stars??" I liked best.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Group hug?

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

Makes me want to play FFXI again.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223

Wow...Don't suicide man.please.Just try to wake up.Have some walk on the streets, some cofee perhaps with the winter chill, clearing your thougts.

Really.

Edit: You can make a film scenario by this read.Like trainspotting.People who play WoW endless.Happy, Happy people.

Like the episode of SouthPark.

beLIEve

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Tim_Braid

Originally posted by lizardbones
    What if the people of WoWville and the people of Warcraft were to co-exist as one? One group of players contributing to the game via browser and the other group of players contributing via ingame. Don't you think that would be grand? Womp rats may belong to the Star Wars Universe, but tell me this Mr. Bones, when you play in the world of Azeroth and you look up at the sky at night...don't you see stars?? When you and your friends are engaged in an epic raid of massive proportions, aren't you involved in a War?? I know my reasoning may be stretching it quite a bit, but the overall meaning of my message is the same. Womp rats or not, I understand your passion to play the game. I understand your love for the WoW.
    Tim Braid
    AKA Timmy 

I think it would be cool to have a game world large enough where you have one world, but several games. WoWville and WoW would be the same world, but you could possible do the WoWville bit through a browser, or with the regular game client.

I don't play that frequently so I don't really remember what the skybox looks like. Mostly I'm not looking at the sky, except one time when a big cat jumped out of stealth and attacked while I was half asleep driving my toon back to Thunder Bluff. It startled me and my camera angle was pointing straight up. :-)

I think I should have read your post, I might have gotten much more out of it, but I got kind of stuck on the womp rats thing. They're about the size of an exhaust vent, but it's still pretty big for a rat. You get giant spiders in WoW, but not usually giant rats I don't think.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Awesome post, OP. My applause to you.

It takes real courage to do a self examination like yours and come over here and spill it out. My hat off.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Originally posted by Volkmar

It takes real courage to do a self examination like yours and come over here and spill it out. My hat off.

Really? 

The entire post is sarcasm friend.. Wonderfully written..  I loved every bit of it..  

Happy Holidays

Originally posted by Rydeson

Originally posted by Volkmar

Really? 

The entire post is sarcasm friend.. Wonderfully written..  I loved every bit of it..  

Happy Holidays

Mr. Rydeson, I think you need to get your ears checked because there was no hint of sarcasm in my voice and my words. I'm glad you found my message entertaining, but I'd be happier if you'd believe me when I say I truely am sorry for my actions and my terrible terrible words to these kind people of WoW.

Tim Braid

AKA Timmy

• halteahaltea Member UncommonPosts: 95

can i have your dealer's number?

• DBGokuX4DBGokuX4 Member Posts: 41

Repent, and you shall be forgiven.

You are forgiven.

Though, I don't know what you did.  But unconditional forgiveness is the best.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by Tim_Braid

Womp rats may belong to the Star Wars Universe, but tell me this Mr. Bones, when you play in the world of Azeroth and you look up at the sky at night...don't you see stars?? When you and your friends are engaged in an epic raid of massive proportions, aren't you involved in a War??

Tim Braid 

That was amazing.  I wish I was there in person to give you a medal and I'm sure they are all willing to forgive you.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar