Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: New Game of the Year

Comments

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

I personally voted Lego online.

• ramdyramdy Member UncommonPosts: 71

Originally posted by jesus7474

donot vote for Vindictus, cause they block non-US IP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Had a hard time choosing between Global Agenda and Perpetuum. I don't have any idea how GA was at launch. If the voting was "Best Launch" it would have been Perpetuum. But I'll be buying the Global Agenda expansion pack and I'm not sure I'm going to subscribe to Perpetuum. My preference for FPS shooting in Global Agenda wins out over my preference for the sandboxy goodness of Perpetuum.

*edit* If Perpetuum had MechWarrior combat, I would have voted for it. In fact, if it had Mechwarrior style combat I wouldn't have even bothered to look at any of the other games in the list.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• OscillateOscillate Member UncommonPosts: 239

Voted Vindictus, but did it too soon, missed the "None of the above option."  =:(

(Akiraosc)

• DymasiusDymasius Member Posts: 27

Perpetuum got my vote in the end. Do I think it is "the best game ever"? No, but I think it is the MMO listed that has a great chance to grow. It's a sandbox with a very good, solid foundation that can be build upon, the communication with the devs is awesome (it feels like they are actually listening) and it is a breeze of fresh air. Of course it requires work to make it a great game, but I can see this game becoming a successful little indie game in the future that actually offers both content and player freedom.

• Talon27Talon27 Member Posts: 24

Mortal Online - good try.

But hands down Global Agenda gets my vote.  more gameplay hours per dollar than any of the rest.  and I'm still enjoying it.

• tehmayntehmayn Member Posts: 3

Voted Global Agenda!

This is the first game that has ever been able to pull me away from my subscription game for a significant portion of time! I enjoy the fast-paced action, and the GuildWars-esque payment model has made it an awesome value for my money!

• MobfigureMobfigure Member Posts: 44

Had to give Vindictus my vote. I am actively still playing it. The games interactive combat is the best I've seen for a while. And not to mention a f2p game which is icing on the cake. The game is still evolving and will most certainly be a game I stick to for a long period of time.

• SansaGASansaGA Member Posts: 1

Global Agenda got my vote easily.  Great game, great dev team, countless hours of play time.

• ChinchekChinchek Member Posts: 10

Perpetuum, a very refreshing addition to the growing sandbox mmorpg games!

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

As i look into the Most Antecipated section i find this year to be a very poor MMO game release year. Vindictus nearly had my vote, honestly i didn't play any of this titles. None of the above... i consider no one should win this title this year.

• StormwindStormwind Member Posts: 60

Lot of comments here ..  to many to read them all .. and this one will be well past the 260 mark .. so will probably never get read.

I played Runes Of Magic most the year for 2010 ..   ROM to some .. very fun game pretty nice Dual class system .. much more fun then any of the Games I was offered to vote on.   I tried 4 of the games listed and deleted them off my computer the same day I tried them .. BLAH .. horrible

I currently Play EQ2x ...  and find that Game FUN again ..  lots have changed since I played EQ long ago and for the better I feel.

Saddly I voted for None Of The Above .. 

if there was a write in I would have added RoM and or EQ2x  both should have been an offering as they Play MUCH better then the ones listed for me to choose from ...

That is why I hate Poles like this ..they slant the results by limiting the offering and they Boast SEE ?  This is how the community voted ... but we all did not Vote ... some passed it by because there was NO Winner to choose ...

I hope the NONE OF THE ABOVE wins ... at least that was an offering this time .. Kudo's for putting that in there for us who hated all the choices you gave us.

Look to the stars to know HE is with us. HE hung them as markers, of times and of seasons.

• warpriest812warpriest812 Member UncommonPosts: 58

I voted PERPETUUM. I found out about it the day before release and jumped right in. A solid game, good DEV team, been having a blast. I hope it grows to EvE numbers. Let us see how it evolves over the next year. Looking good so far.

• ThaBadManThaBadMan Member UncommonPosts: 23

GA had me entertained for a week or two and then i was bored.

STO was just too painful to check out to play.

Vindictus looked good but retarded company made it bad.

FF is not my cup of tea, and a friend of mine a big fan of those games said it sucked balls.

Perpetuum i played for a few days until i stopped, might have gotten better now but meh.

Mortal though had me hooked for a long ass time, and now is starting to get its shit together, its made by a small indie team that got no real experience and still made a better MMORPG than any that is out to date with perhaps the exception of UO, need i say more ?

MO got my vote ;D

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin.
    Then there was one.

• mechermecher Member Posts: 71

I vote for Perpetuum for being EVE Online on the ground.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Perpetuum is the obvious winner on that list. If in doubt give them some support, they are a very small indie company that has done an amazing job;

Sci-Fi genre - Which we so badly need more of.

Hardly any bugs at all - they deserve to be rewarded for finally releasing a virtually bug free MMO, compare this to the huge bloated companies that release crap.

Classless gameplay - no classes! you can learn every skill in the game in time.

PVP and PVE - Mostly PVP once you hit higher levels but room for everyone.

-No classes, Sci-Fi, small indy company, nearly bug-free from day one, fun combat! Give em your vote if you are undecided and come join the game, no elitists here!

• demonboxdemonbox Member Posts: 34

voted Perpetuum 'cause..

well 'cause i like it, i like the comunity and most of all, like some other above me, i love the idea of small indie devolpers :)

• WhipsmackWhipsmack Member Posts: 37
    Perpetuum hands down. I had never heard of it until I saw this list of games a week ago. I've been playing it non-stop since then :) Very refreshing and will someday be a common name thrown around, much like Eve.
  • briskojrbriskojr Member Posts: 64

Vindictus,  though I haven't played Perpetuum and it sounds pretty cool. But Vindictus does enough new for the genre and does it well. I wish they would fix the lag issues and bring over the other two classes to the NA side, but for it's current state, it's the clear winner in my book. 

• Tara_WindwalkerTara_Windwalker Member UncommonPosts: 75

I voted for Lego Universe.   I am having so much fun with it.   If it stopped tomorrow, I will have gotten my money's worth.

This is a challenging game that has charm to help you calm down a bit.    This game is for all levels of players.  Hard core gamers you would be surprised.

I heard of a book that I can buy so that I get all the little secrets...but ... I am afraid if I got that book then that would be the end of me.  I would be playing the game repeadedly.

Truly try this game.

• velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134

where is WoW in this list?

• happyfartshappyfarts Member UncommonPosts: 94

why is the none of the above option in the middle of the list? Does choosing it mean I admit  liking those other list items below? :P

wasnt sure what to vote for, so I voted MO. Not a ready game yet, but they're going in a direction I would gladly see other (better established) MMO companies venture into.

• tororossotororosso Member Posts: 5

Vote:  Star Trek Online

players of STO and AoC are extremely lucky in that they are investing on a game being developed by people who's genuine intention is to give their customers best immersion experience as possible and not entirely driven by $ monamona mona... MONAY! $

Very high return of investment ROI which should be recognized more but due to STO early struggle rebuilding reputation is very difficult but possible.

What these two games need a more powerful PR team. Such as Turbine who's putting a lot of effort advertising Lord of the Rings Online. Every gaming website or Tech shit i visit i see Lord of the Rings Online banner left, right and center.

Again, Im very impressed with the amount of improvements + content released by these two small companies. Its almost 2x as much quality stuff compared to larger competition(turbine) or WoW which is taking in 2x more $$$ from f2p+Subs profits but stagnant in  updated content AND they have bigger resources!

Star Trek Online is improving each quarter just like Age of Conan.

Those two games deserved a New and Complete second look.

Most improved and NEW MMO of 2010 has to be from hard working people handling those two games. 

• neKr0wneKr0w Member Posts: 32

One strong vote from me for Perpetuum!! Best game in many years! Now where is the Biggest dissapointment of 2010 (or my life rather) list so I can vote for FFXIV on it.

• MagnumXLMagnumXL Member Posts: 9

Voted for perpetuum its like eve but better in some ways. I haven't played lego universe...but it just doesn't appeal to me.