Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Review of Perpetuum (video)

neKr0wneKr0w Member Posts: 32

Checking out my review of Perpetuum will answer alot the the questions being asked in this forum.

Comments

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

not bad but i think you spent far too long in character creator.  Maybe avoid going so indepth into all of those options and let the user explore it when they make a character.

As for the game.  I played the beta and i was completely lost.  Do you think this game is as good as EVE in the sense of crafting and other non combat stuff?

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• neKr0wneKr0w Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Death1942

not bad but i think you spent far too long in character creator.  Maybe avoid going so indepth into all of those options and let the user explore it when they make a character.

As for the game.  I played the beta and i was completely lost.  Do you think this game is as good as EVE in the sense of crafting and other non combat stuff?

Its hard would be hard to fit everything into a 15 minute review.

Honestly I cannot truthfully answer that as I did not even get to do any of the manufacturing in Perpetuum. And "as good" is going to be an opinion. If its simpler it might be better for some people and not for others. But to answer your question as best I can I would say... no it will not be as good as EVE. EVE's manufacturing and marketing drives the machine of industry in that universe. EVE is a successful microcosm of reality. I would be suprised if lightning will strike twice. I will say however that IF another game can pull it off it will be Perpetuum. 

• neKr0wneKr0w Member Posts: 32

On a side note I target my reviews towards people that have not yet downloaded the game and are trying to decide whether or not to. That is why I go into downloading and installing, developer and character creation.