Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think there will be cheating in WoW?

Blizzard is known for turning a blind eye to cheating on there games.  I just hope they dont do it to WoW.  Does anyone know if they are going to use Battle.Net and/or allow players to cheat?

Comments

• infernoinferno Member Posts: 4
    I doubt they will allow cheating on this masterpiece.No body likes a cheater!

The ultimate gaming site visit and see.
    http://rabidclowns.org/inferno/index.php

The ultimate gaming site visit and see.
    http://www.infernalgames.net

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    There better not be.  You pay your monthly fees so that they can maintain servers themselves and keep all the easily was of cheating away from your average plebe.  If there is enough client side though, I would imagine that people will try to cheat, but I bet this would be the one time they care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pacman actually had a primitive AI:
    One ghost was set to take the shortest path to you.
    One was set to work with the agressive ghost and try to cut you off.
    One was set to hang around the middle and keep you from using the side passage way.
    The last one floated aimlessly around the area of the map with the most dots.

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362

I agree, they better crack down on cheating if we have to pay monthly.  Of course, the community can really help catch all those kind of bad players that enjoy ruining the game with screenshots and stuff I suppose.  I bet there wiil probrably be at least SOME cheating, I just hope it doesn't get TOO bad...

Trust me, if I put one I wanted in... it would probrably get me banned or make these posts take a long time to load on phones.

Wee, msg me on AIM at Kouromi if you want to talk to me!

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Battle.net won't be used.  They are making a new server that's made for MMORPGs from "The Ground Up".  So they are going to deal with cheating just like all the others.  You will get banned.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by Djin
    Battle.net won't be used.  They are making a new server that's made for MMORPGs from "The Ground Up".  So they are going to deal with cheating just like all the others.  You will get banned.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

*gasp!*  Are you saying I'm a cheater?!?!  Joking.  (I absolutely hate cheaters)  I think that's good news.  Just because those people can't play games well without an unfair advantage doesn't mean they should be allowed to use one.  Anyone that even THINKS about cheating and ruining such a potentially great game should be banned I think.  (of course no one could care less about what I think lol)

Trust me, if I put one I wanted in... it would probrably get me banned or make these posts take a long time to load on phones.

Wee, msg me on AIM at Kouromi if you want to talk to me!

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

That avatar,  is that a picture of you?  If so you look ALOT like Jesus.  image

I understand what you're getting at.  In the on-line MMORPG for the PS2 (EQOA),  there was this bug where you could do this certain quest over and over and no one ever told anyone.  So you got alot of these level 10 (just a number) people with over 20 billion gold,  and all these super stats.

That's just one way I can't stand cheating,  is when someone finds a bug and explots it!  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    For one, Blizzard doesn't turn a blind eye toward cheating, as a matter of fact they hate it as much as anyone but you always have people that will cheat. Blizzard tried to stop most of the cheating by creating an "Open" Diablo2 server where all the cheaters could cheat.

Also, in Warcraft3 TFT Blizzard has suspended and or blocked many people and their IP's for cheating, the only reason that Blizzard would one turn a blind eye is because no one will tell blizzard that these people are cheating, you need a replay of the game and for some people it's just not worth the hassle..

World of Warcraft will be on  seperate servers created from the ground up as Djin said.  Also they're going to be so insane against cheating that IP's will probably be banned automatically like they were on EverQuest.

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• antipheliacantipheliac Member Posts: 8

Nobody knows how Jesus looks likeimage

• ARV1ARV1 Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by antipheliac
    Nobody knows how Jesus looks like
    That's true, but he looks like the image most people associate with Jesus

If you want a free and fun mmorpg to play check out www.ogreisland.com
    My char is MelkorARV feel free to ask me for some help if you need it.

He looks like a rock?  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • KingBuddy30KingBuddy30 Member Posts: 59
    Get your facts right befor posting shit ok. Blizzard has band over 100,000 accounts and ip's from Battle.net these accounts are from Diablo 2 , Starcraft and Warcraft 3. I don't know where u got your made up bull shit information about Blizzard turning a blind eye to cheating. Also if you read the wow website befor posting you would find that no World of Warcraft will not be on battle.net. Battle.net is a free service. Also for cheats yes there will be cheats some smart ass will find something in the code and easy make a cheat. But Blizzard will band his account and ip as soon as they find out. No mmorpg game as ever been cheat free. Very hard to do. The gaming code must be like soooo fucking perfect for there not to be cheats. MMORPG games are also the most strict when it comes to cheating because it's an service that people are paying them to use. There is like 24 7 in game support. Un-like battle.net which is free the support is no way as good as this.

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Track Mania Nations Forever
    Runes of Magic

• ARV1ARV1 Member Posts: 64

I though i saw some where that they band 400,000 accounts image

My buddy was one of them he had a pinda bot. I was thinking of getting one but then I figured blizzard would be cracking down on them and they did. Man am i happy i did not get one.

If you want a free and fun mmorpg to play check out www.ogreisland.com
    My char is MelkorARV feel free to ask me for some help if you need it.

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
    There will always be some kind of cheating in games.  Don't expect the cheating to be rampant like there was in the single player games, but there will always be heavily motivated individuals who want to bend the rules. How Blizzard handles that cheating is yet to be seen, but I'm sure they will care since unlike their single player games this one makes its dollars on monthly subscriptions.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• LeviathanLeviathan Member Posts: 3

First things first, Blizzard has never allowed cheating. It just happens, their games being famous, thus being a greater target for hackers. They work alot of terminating cheats, it's not that easy..

Cheating has been done before, in high quality mmog's. So noone can't say for sure WoW will be free from it. Lineage had it, Ultima Online had it, Neocron, Dark age of Camelot aswell, and plenty of more titles. Also, there are always bugs in mmog's that can be exploited one way or another, some call it semi-cheat, it can still be devastating.

And one other thing bothering me is a group called BlizzHackers. They will most likely be one of WoW's bigger threats, as they've already hacked into bnet providing mostly d2 bots and maphack to players, what will keep them from doing the same to the WoW-server?

I wish someone would fund a new law against cheaters, like instant death. image

-
    What's sharper, your sword or your wit?

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    Their wouldnt be cheating its a mmorpg game and their not going to make like one million weapon class and make alot of progams if their were cheating plus no internet game that you have to buy has cheating escpeciall mmropg games

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• kasha_chankasha_chan Member Posts: 15

People who cheat are being stupid. Cheats just takes all da fun out of a game. People play games for the challenge rit? so if u cheat, where's the challenge in games?

How ever, i personally think it's fun to creat cheats even though I never use them. I just think it fun to find faults in the game coding. lol. now that sound pretty weird.

Always the same,
    Kasha

Always the same,
    Kasha

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Dude, haven't you read what they have done to the speed hackers and Gold sellers on Ebay?  They are all banned!  All companies, even the most hated SOE, do not let cheaters pass by.  We think they are turning a blind eye, but that's not the case, they are just not aware of it on the spot.

I mean if you find an exploit to duplicate money, and only you know about it, and it's not discovered at all for a very long time.  You weren't successful at cheating cause Blizzard doesn't care, you were successful cause they didn't find you!

Like in Star Wars Galaxies, the people that dupped credits were caught cause lots of people were doing it, one person was honest enough to report what it was, SOE checked the logs to see all the people that used this technique and banned all of them.

And I have much more faith in Blizzard cause they are going as far to banning people selling Gold on Ebay!  SOE couldn't care less!  You have people selling their Jedi accounts for thousands of dollars, you have tones of Credits for sale on Ebay and IGE.com, SOE isn't doing a thing about it even if we all know it's ruining the economy.

For once in a MMORPG (except Mythic, I have faith in them too when I played DaoC) I actually have faith in the developers that they will keep the game a fun place to play without cheaters and people having advantages over others cause of exploits or ebay-whores.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

Um Blizzard has never turned a blind eye on cheating.. Just look at there other games (WC3, TFT, SC) They have suspended and banned many accounts that were caught cheating. Also take a look at WoW, you can see that people were banned for botting and there trying to put a stop to selling WoW gold for real money. I dont think that this is turning a blin eye::::03::

• logarlogar Member Posts: 15
    necro.....

• Silver.Silver. Member Posts: 368

No.
    If you think of Diablo 1/2, there is cheating on certian servers.
    But again, here you can choose closed servers withOUT cheating.
    So blizzard will not have a blind eye to this!

Yeah deal with it, or else ::::15::
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Cheers! I'm out ::::28::
    ---------------------------------------------

Cheers! I'm out ::::28::::
    ---------------------------------------------

• DeadThornDeadThorn Member Posts: 124
    Of course theres going to be cheating. But will Blizzard will take it? Hell no! So far, I'm pretty impressed with the punishment Cheaters are receiving. Makes me very, very, very happy image. I mean, there really is NO reason to cheat. Except if its to make your character look cooler, but with out any special powers or some thing. But still, cheaters gotta learn that these games are viritual worlds. And if you cheat, you're gonna get thrown in virtual prision,

People say I'm weird for being a proud Nerd. I say people are weird for being proudly normal. FREAKS!

People say I'm weird for being a proud Nerd. I say people are weird for being proudly normal. FREAKS!

• McFrogsMcFrogs Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Kletus
    Blizzard is known for turning a blind eye to cheating on there games. I just hope they dont do it to WoW. Does anyone know if they are going to use Battle.Net and/or allow players to cheat?

Almost everything is handled server-side, thereby eliminating cheating.

There can be 3rd party "bots" but they are pretty easy to detect and accounts using them have been terminated. The downside is that perfectly legal UI mods can sometimes rarely work. (Cosmos is ok though, usually)

Happy Gaming.

• archonfuryarchonfury Member Posts: 139

BLizz is excellent at stopping hackers. People who buy money dupes are retarded. It produces extra code, and they can find this out fast. Never use dupes. Blizz has used some nice code in this game. They have used code from Diaoblo 2. It is possible and not hard to make a bot. It is easy to not get detected. If you use it all the time, you will probably get caught. The trick is to use it in small amounts and you will be fine. As for fishing bots, I have seen a few, blizz hasn't stopped some of the people I have reported though.

>B=()
    >8()

>B=()
    >8()

• PFHATEPFHATE Member Posts: 57

There is bots then that blizzard is doing nothing about... fishing bots??? C"mon???