Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Island- Entropia Universe planet partner goes live

AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Next Island has gone live.  Next Island is a partner planet in the Entropia Universe. You can sign up for an account on their website. Planet Calypso and Rocktropia residents may teleport to Next Island with their existing avatars for a 40 PED fee.

Here's a blurb from their website:

Join the utopian scientists, great artists and successful entrepreneurs who populate our tropical paradise of Next Island.

Travel through time to ancient Greece where you can fight mythical beasts, quest to please the gods or discuss philosophy with other residents. Pursue a wide range of professions from hunting to hairdressing, craft weapons and fashions to use and sell, or just socialize with other Islanders at our popular clubs.

Next Island is a free2play virtual world. There are no subscription fees, and no credit card is required to play. If you’d like to purchase upgrades and virtual goods, or if you’d like to sell your harvests and in-game creations, the exchange rate is fixed at 10 Ped to a dollar.

http://www.nextisland.com/

Alpha AG Geek
Founder- Manticore Society

Comments

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

I don't think anyone cares. Do people actually play that game? Amazing...

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Well, for those that can't handle a game with a real economy, there's always Maplestory.

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by AlphaGeek

Well, for those that can't handle a game with a real economy, there's always Maplestory.

Well, for those with a gambling addiction, there's always Entropia.

It's a slot machine that more than one person can pull at once.

• TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by Wrender

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Wow, what abrupt *) hostility !

I sense n00bs who have no gaming addiction - apparently just casual WoW players - that tried Entropia once and burned their fingers, being too ADHD to do anything right in the universe.

Please, go on in your career, I'm sure there are other game's forums where you frequent too, never without anything meaningful to say, just to pour your monumental ignorance over real people's heads like piss.

*) 'abrupt' means "sudden; unexpected", If there are other difficult words for you, just ask!

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by Torschen

Originally posted by Wrender

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Wow, what abrupt *) hostility !

I sense n00bs who have no gaming addiction - apparently just casual WoW players - that tried Entropia once and burned their fingers, being too ADHD to do anything right in the universe.

Please, go on in your career, I'm sure there are other game's forums where you frequent too, never without anything meaningful to say, just to pour your monumental ignorance over real people's heads like piss.

*) 'abrupt' means "sudden; unexpected", If there are other difficult words for you, just ask!

Becouse spending stupid amounts of real money in a game ala "Pay-to-win" (in its most extreme form) is what defines a hardcore/pro/experienced/whatever gamer... NOT.

Originally posted by gordiflu

Becouse spending stupid amounts of real money in a game ala "Pay-to-win" (in its most extreme form) is what defines a hardcore/pro/experienced/whatever gamer... NOT.

That's exactly what these ADHD cases have tried to do.

• SlineerSlineer Member Posts: 246

Entropia universe is a joke that makes false headlines selling virtual goods between the same exact players back and forth. Its a few people who developed content for the game and then profit off of dumb people who actually spend money on the game. Meanwhile mindark charges rediculous transaction fees if you ever try to withdraw money from the game.

Edit: Plus the game is extremely boring.

Originally posted by Slineer

Entropia universe is a joke that makes false headlines selling virtual goods between the same exact players back and forth. Its a few people who developed content for the game and then profit off of dumb people who actually spend money on the game. Meanwhile mindark charges rediculous transaction fees if you ever try to withdraw money from the game.

Edit: Plus the game is extremely boring.

If its boring or not is matter of opinion. Everything else you say is mindless, uninformed bullshit.

And that "rediculous" transaction fee for withdrawals is 1%. One percent.

• AumHybridAumHybrid Member UncommonPosts: 75

I think it's incredibly lame when people criticize other people's grammar and spelling ability.  It's even worse if they flaunt their mastery of two syllable words like "abrupt".

Have fun in your horrible game.

• EU_RAZEREU_RAZER Member Posts: 85

I stated this before and will do it again, YES you can loose money in the game and YES you can loose a lot of money in the game, YES you can make money in this game and YES you can make a lot of money in this game, but...... it is ALL up to you, thats the best part of how this works. If you don't have real money to put into the game you don't have to, if you wanna take a break from the game and don't loose your avatar you can, because there is no subscription. YES if you don't spends at least a small amount of real money you will have to grind a lot for little money, but if you put in lets say $15 a month (like you do on WoW or many other games) you can play this game if you stay withing your skill level while doing anything in game.

It is not a matter of buying the BFG (Bigest Fucking Gun) in game and start shooting, this will set you back $15 pretty fast because your skill is not high enough to use that gun efficiently. But if you buy a small gun (the Opalo from the trade terminal) and maybe some cheap armor (pixie maybe) all togehter for about 20 PED maybe (so 2 dollar) and some ammo for the rest of your money, you can make that money stretch a long way. And you can sell the gun and armor again to if you don't like it and get your money back.

Sure you will probably not be able to hunt 24/7 with $15 but there is lots of free stuff to do (missions, explore the planet, talk to people (much more mature then most MMO's) learn the game, learn the economy and use that to sell the stuff you loot while hunting) And of course you can go sweating for free money, no it is not fast, but it might get you to the end of the month so you can deposit the next $15 and you get some nice skills in the process (which you can sell later on if you want)

• SaftglassSaftglass Member Posts: 8

Funny how much crap people are talking about Entropia when they dont know shit :)

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

Even sadder, when its partly true and you don't want to admit it...

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)