Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: Favorite MMO Company

Comments

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Anet, hands down. Not only for what they are doing with GW2 but also because of their interaction,communication and involvement with the community. A lot of other game developers can learn couple of things from Anet.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Originally posted by Drakynn

There is no reason why companies who haven't released a MMO but are hyping their soon to be released wares can't be included in this category.The category is nto asking for your opinion on best run game or most successful game or game which you enjoy the most just your favorite MMO producing company.Thus it's not asking for your opinion on existing MMOs and the companies running them but of any company running an MMO OR currently creating one .MMORPG.com could of includred companies with MMOs merely announced with no hype or information on said games if they wished but clearly decided to only include those with games projected to release in the next year.So...get over it.

But... how do you judge a company that hasn't sold a product yet?  It's like holding a vote for your favorite NBA player but listing a few college players who haven't even been drafted yet...  Or better yet... voting for your favorite movie director and listing a director that has never released a film...

Like I said.. everything I have seen and heard about TRION and RIFT is great.  I think these guys are trying to raise the bar as far as what we should expect from an MMO as far as being polished, bugfree and launch ready.  Those are all commendable things and I hope to vote for them next year.   Since they haven't actually shipped a product yet though, I have no idea what kind of company they will really be.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• andromegaandromega Member Posts: 16

Anet ftw!!!

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Arena Net is gonna win :] ..

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• vackvack Member Posts: 56

Chose, Bioware, plainly because they now work, albeit only partially, on the best game ever made to date..........

DAOC

Vack
    FF XIV - the single worse game to cross my hard drive, ever.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Anet for sure.  GW2 was just the best game and delivered everything it promised.

oh wait, GW2 isn't out yet and GW1 was average.  guess i'll just go with blizzard. =/

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

CCP for being the only company on the list that has never let me down.

Honourable mentions to turbine and Anet.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• gobikgobik Member Posts: 19

1.ArenaNet

2.Turbine/Blizzard

3No idea, maybe KingIsle for turnbased card game with  wizurds :D

• DoktorianDoktorian Member Posts: 131

I vote for Arena Net. Very honorable and trustworthy. Guild Wars FTW!

• ApolyonBSApolyonBS Member UncommonPosts: 23

I'm for ANet too. Remember we are not voting the games, but the companies. So they don't need to have a game released. You can vote based on their policy releasing information, and how they support fans, and if they listen to the community or just pretends to do so...

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

I started to vote for Bioware since they are making a game I'm really looking forward to, but really I don't think they belong on the list yet since they don't have a finished and playable mmo yet.

Therefore I voted for CCP. I mean who else has a community council and gives free expansions? All in all I feel they have a better relationship with their community than any other mmo company.

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

If I could have voted for two, I would also have voted for A-Net.  I love GW1, but when it comes down to it I hang out in Stormreach and Middle Earth much, much more.  So my vote went to Turbine.  I believe they have created a brilliant new hybrid payment model that many others are trying to emulate.  ::looking at SOE and Cryptic:: .  This isn't to say I am not eagerly awaiting GW2 because I am and I believe that game will revolutionize MMORPG's as we know them, but it's not out yet and this poll is about this year...so Turbine it is.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

My understanding from putting up the article for the site is that the category includes COMPANIES, not games. My impression is that if you like what they're doing, if you like the way they handle their community, if you like the way that things -appear- to be going (if they don't have a game out yet), if you like what you see, this would be the one to vote for. It's not a category solely for companies that have released MMOs.

That said, as much as I love Bioware and ArenaNet, I went with KingsIsle for Wizard101, a game that is cross-generational, constantly improving and has one of the most helpful and graciously tended communities in MMOs today.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• RinaexwildRinaexwild Member Posts: 1

Trion!!! still working hard!!!

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

Arenanet all the way, though I seriously respect CCP and it wasn't the easiest choice :p

• kain6993kain6993 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Read the categories for nomination kiddies.  Forthcoming is in the list.  That was for all you bitching about why are companies listed that haven't released an MMO yet.  If you were in the Beta for Rift you would agree.

• Silver_LeafSilver_Leaf Member Posts: 135

anything BUT nexon. Support is terrible, almost nonexistant, and botting problems aplenty.

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

Why isn't Hi-Rez on here? They're some of the most awesome devs I've ever seen.

• bjgladitschbjgladitsch Member Posts: 88

Turbine revolutionized subscriptions?  Thats a joke right?  If that were try why are so many big names moving to Free toPlay/Cash Shop options?  Anet was the first franchise to succesfully operate a major mmo using a Free to Play format.  The ingame store did not come until much later in the game and even then..does not offer any MUST HAVEs to continue playing.  You dont need to buy scrolls or potions with real money and the only time you need more storage is if you are like me and are a pack rat.  The ingame store isnt a true cash shop either..cash shops are designed to offer you things you pretty much have to buy in order to contiue playing...only things in the GW shop are...costumes, extra storage, extra character slots, character renamesm, character makeovers, skill unlock packs for those too lazy to go find and capture the skill for free, animal unlock pacts for those whom dont wanna tak e the time to capture and train pets themselves...game chapters and the expansion.  Not a single scroll or potion or mega weapon is in there. 

Anet was the true innovator of the shift in subscription models..they made it happen .

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by Drakynn

There is no reason why companies who haven't released a MMO but are hyping their soon to be released wares can't be included in this category.The category is nto asking for your opinion on best run game or most successful game or game which you enjoy the most just your favorite MMO producing company.Thus it's not asking for your opinion on existing MMOs and the companies running them but of any company running an MMO OR currently creating one .MMORPG.com could of includred companies with MMOs merely announced with no hype or information on said games if they wished but clearly decided to only include those with games projected to release in the next year.So...get over it.

But... how do you judge a company that hasn't sold a product yet?  It's like holding a vote for your favorite NBA player but listing a few college players who haven't even been drafted yet...  Or better yet... voting for your favorite movie director and listing a director that has never released a film...

Like I said.. everything I have seen and heard about TRION and RIFT is great.  I think these guys are trying to raise the bar as far as what we should expect from an MMO as far as being polished, bugfree and launch ready.  Those are all commendable things and I hope to vote for them next year.   Since they haven't actually shipped a product yet though, I have no idea what kind of company they will really be.

You decide on how they are promoting their game,how they are handling public relations  and/or if you liek what they have shown of their upcoming product so far.Again your not voting on actual games here but the companies who made or are making them.

Now you may decide nto to vote for anyone who's product you hav ento currently tried and ignore the companies listed woh onyl have upcoming games,it is in fact what I did when I voted, but jsut because you adn i decide to vote that way doesn't mena everyone esle should be forced to.

• F---! Now this one is really hard to choose. There is ArenaNet because I like their design approach and knowing when to release something when it is ready. Turbine is another favorite of mine because they listen to a lot of community feedback. Finally their is CCP, reasons why? CCP are badasses.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Gogo Arenanet ofc :)

Kudos for CCP and Turbine.

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Arenanet has one of the best customer service for non-members I've ever seen, so for that, they get my vote.

Blizzard and Turbine don't seem to want to help free players.

• ArmEagleArmEagle Member Posts: 36

Shame this is just a poll for the company with the largest playerbase/fanboys.

And though I miss them, I guess it wouldn't make a difference if Flying Lab Software (Pirates of the Burning Sea) was on the list. It's the smaller studios I like. They are much closer to the players than the behemoths.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Turbine. I've played all of their games. I've enjoyed something out of each game. I still play two of their games.

The little customer service I've needed was prompt, friendly and efficient. The only issue I had was that their second game should not have been called Asheron's Call 2. It was a nice enough game but other than the mobs it wasn't an Asheron's Call game.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams