Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: Favorite MMO Company

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In today's round of voting in the 2010 Reader's Choice awards here at MMORPG.com, we invite you to check out this year's nominees for Favorite MMO Company. These are the good folk who bring us the games we love. We love those who make great games and know how to treat their customers. Check out the list, pick your favorite and let us know why you picked that particular company in comments below.

This year, our categories are: Game of the Year, New Game of the Year, Most Innovative, Most Improved, Best F2P, Favorite Company, Biggest News Story, Most Anticipated, and the newest, and most dubious, addition to our prizes, Biggest Disappointment.

Read more 2010 Awards: Favorite MMO Company.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

went for ArenaNet...still play guildwars to this day and i do not find myself bored...it has a player driven economy with supply and demand. It uses team based and skill based combos  since you can get to max level in a day. the story for all 3 games and its expansion is awesome. and its free. PvP is rough and tough. and some PvE dungeons on hard mode really takes some time (or even the burning forest)   

all that plus now we can see that the work from GW1 will transfer to GW2 in some way aside from a cool looking hall.

IMHO i am hyped about GW2 but for everything Anet has done, I do believe they are the best MMO Company...close would be turbine but I have to side with Anet

• BiracontasBiracontas Member Posts: 1

- AreaNet !

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

ugh, I was going to put Turbine but I had to admit that I like LOTRO but loved Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's gate, and Dragon Age. I'm haflway through Mass Effect 2 and really like it.

So do I pick the "mmo company" because of what this site is or do I answer the question honestly?

Picked Bioware.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Weird voted blizzard, hate WOW, very strage indeed.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

I don't mind Blizzard, but hate Activision.

I love Bioware, but as they don't have a MMORPG yet, i'll go for ArenaNet.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

ArenaNet hands down. The only company that's seriously trying to innovate and re-invent the MMORPG genre. The rest are just doing what they do best.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Man some tough choices but went with CCP as i always come back to them.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Timukas

Just how is Bioware an MMO company? Did I miss something again?

Well that why it's a tough decision.

They are working on an mmo with a lot of financial backing. Whether they can pull it off is another thing.

Are they an mmo company? With the resources involved and from what we've seen "yes" they are an mmo company. Are they an mmo company with a final product?

nope.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • desirieldesiriel Member Posts: 98

Voted in the other categories, but this one deserved a comment.

My vote is for the only indie company that made and kept nurturing her own niche of quality in the more and more inadequate Mmo market.

CCP.

With all her faults and defects, any other company pales in comparison in respect to coherence, courage and quality.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I chose ArenaNet, i've played guild wars for a long time and their games are great. The story is good,the missions and the pvp. Guild Wars 2 will be a masterpiece, ArenaNet has really listened to their players to make a great game for them and they have so fun making the game, i can see it in them. It's not just about the money. *cough blizzard*cough* billionairs*cough*

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

You could add ArenaNets logo to the wall ^^

• dzikundzikun Member Posts: 150

CCP hands down.

The company that never failed me.

I've been uplinked and downloaded, I've been inputted and outsourced. I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading.

I'm a high-tech low-life. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bi-coastal multi-tasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.

I'm new-wave, but I'm old-school; and my inner child is outward-bound.

I'm a hot-wired, heat-seeking, warm-hearted cool customer; voice-activated and bio-degradable.

RIP George Carlin.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

CCP v Anet for me. Anet wins in speed of delivery I think and I believe thats what counts.

This is not a game.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

SE has done awesome job with XI this year, why isn't it listed? Over companies that haven't even released an MMO yet?

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

What no SOE?!

I kid I kid! image

I really wanted to vote for Blizzard but the damn person who posted the pole went and reminded us they're part of Activision.

So I had to go with CCP.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

ArenaNet.

One Halloween office party.

Two Jayne Cobbs. 

My kind of peeps.

Yeah, and I'm still playing Guild Wars five years later.  WIN!

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

ArenaNet.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

I cry for anyone who votes for a company on this list that has their first MMO in development right now that nobody has played yet.   Regardless of who is the winner, it should be someone who has actually released an MMO that people can play today.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

No question for me: ArenaNet

Loved GW, loved the community involvement, they obviously love the game as much as their fans and they are building GW2.

• peacekraftpeacekraft Member Posts: 189

Been playing GW1 for five years. No contest for me.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Why are there several companies on that list who have never releaed an MMO?

Bioware, Trion and Enmasse should be removed.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by Paragus1

I cry for anyone who votes for a company on this list that has their first MMO in development right now that nobody has played yet.   Regardless of who is the winner, it should be someone who has actually released an MMO that people can play today.

That counts anet out then

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• SpennetSpennet Member Posts: 25

ArenaNet all the way.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

I'm really surprised there's no SoE option in here, not that I would vote for it, but surprised all the same.

I voted for Turbine although I'm not really digging them lately.  Hard for me to deny since I've been with them since closed beta of AC1 through all their titles, for better and for worse.

Honorary mention for me would have to go to:

Funcom(dons fire retardant suit).  Their games have provided me with lots of wasted time to account for as well.  Now if they can just get past that crappy launch issue they always seem to have with their games....

Blizzard.  Yeah, WoW isn't old school FFA UO, but what they did, they did right.  The game is polished, and easily accessible with a broad appeal.

CCP.  What more needs to be said, a true success story with Eve online.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!