Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a f2p with good pve

Killer4FunKiller4Fun Member Posts: 10

Hi

Im looking for a mmorpg with good pve

It can have any kind of graphics and genre

Whats your suggestion guys?

Thanks

Comments

• Killer4FunKiller4Fun Member Posts: 10

47 views and no one answer?

OMG

Please help someone :D

• norman728norman728 Member UncommonPosts: 146

Well finds good PVE is hit or miss.

Many PVE are GRinders. with some attempting to at least add story elements to the grind.

Several companies offer several choices. (some companies have better reputations)

Aeriagames and Gpotato tend to have various choices but their cash shops have moderate repuations.

Nexon is good too but they changed how they load by using your browser to boost load.

Perfectworld is the company that has one of the better reputations but their games are all Asian mythological based.

but as for the list of games I had fun with:

Perfect World (perfect world) Beautiful grapics and

Dream Of Mirror Online(domo) (Aeria)

Magbinogi (Nexon) Wide world and a Lot to do.

Flyff(gpotato) lots to kill but a MAJOR GRINDFEST

Currently I am Playing

ALLODS Online (Gpotato) a WOW CLONE

RUNES OF Magic (Frogstar) another WOW Clone.

and a few other MMO's.

Not to promote another site but MMOHUT.com has reviews where a guy plays the first 10 minutes of a game to show you what to expect.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

uncharted water online

lord of the ring

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

LOTRO - now that is free to play, I don't see any reason not to play this one.  I have a life time sub though, so I can't really speak much to the free parts.  You will eventually run out of quests and have to grind mobs or pay to unlock more quests.

IRIS  Online - It's in Open beta, which normally is the same thing as launch for F2P games.  I'm suprisingly having a good time with this one.  You can get to level 15+ in a day if you play a lot and then try out the first dungeon.  PvP is just battlegrounds, not really that much fun atm.  The first dungeon is pretty fun.  You get a mount from a quest around level 13-15.  Leveling is pretty fast for a F2P.

Mabinogi & Megaten - Both have the same combat type.  Megaten you collect pets to fight with you.  Mabinogi is more social, crafting, etc.

If you want something a lot like WoW...Runes of  Magic or Allods.  More of a grind than WoW.

Edit - skip Allods if you don't like PvP.  It is forced after a certain level.  Test out LOTRO,  IRIS Online, ROM, or Zentia.  Just download them all if you have the time.  Pick the one that suits you best. 

• GidSlackGidSlack Member Posts: 173

Perfect World International has a number of PvE f2p games available in English.  These include Perfect World, Jade Dynasty etc.

You probably can't go wrong with any of their games, though I think Heroes of Three Kingdoms is largely based around PvP (though you can avoid it).  Of their games, PW probably has the most content.  (Though Jade Dynasty actually has a legal, ingame bot for grinding).

• DraeghorDraeghor Member UncommonPosts: 50

LOTRO is a very good choice for f2p.  They have just opened up a whole bunch of more quest lines for f2p, and the whole landscape is open for those that want to just explore and kill bad things.  

Another good one is DDO if you are with a group of people wanting to play f2p.  DDO has a great system with fun quests where people in the party actually make a difference.  You don't want to taker damage from that fire trap, then let the thief disable the trap!  The game has good storylines and events.  Unfortunately a lot of the cool stuff is only found once you buy the adventure packs, but if you save up your turbine points to buy them.

A lot of the other f2p options in other games either limit your ability to level or experience the environment without either subscribing or buying that portion of the game, without any way to earn it in game.  And I really cannot see some of these grinder games as being a fun PvE experience.  Most of them really press you into needing to buy off the shop, which defeats the f2p experience.  But sometimes you get what you pay for.

• shadyjamesshadyjames Member Posts: 34

I'm gonna add DDO (dungeons and dragons online) just because everyone seems to skip it. it might not seem like all the other mmo's out there cause there isn't this giant land for you to run around in. But I find the questing, dungeon scaling, and combat system refreshing after playing just about everything else. And don't forget also Champions online is going free soon, so you might want to try there demo version to see if it might be worth trying later on