Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Looking for first MMORPG

Hi I have played a few MMORPGs at friends houses and stuff but I haven't subscribed to one before. Which game should I get? I don't have very much money. If you could help me that would be greatimage

Comments

• NarkionOGNarkionOG Member UncommonPosts: 211

RUNESCAPE!!!!!!!

CurrentlyPlaying:League Of Draaaven.
    "this site needs a graveyard forum for us to mourn."

• ZipterZipter Member Posts: 5

Well Guild Wars has no monthly fee, if that will help your budget.  Once you pay for the box your done, paying for the game.  Untill they put out a expansions which will run $15-30 normaly depending on the content.   Another good first time game is World of Warcraft, its very easy to pick up and play.  The downside is you must pay a monthly fee to play, which is $15.00.  I have meet alot of people in WoW, that this was thier first MMORPG and they loved it. 

• jjkjwojjkjwo Member Posts: 10
    www.guildwars.com
  • KMar_SoldierKMar_Soldier Member Posts: 41
    My advise would be Guild Wars. No monthly fee, good game. Fairly easy to get into as well. If you can effort a monthly fee, WoW can be a good choice as well. Depends on what kind of game you like...

::Semper Paratus Pro Justitia::

• BambulBambul Member UncommonPosts: 49

Try few games first, every person has different tastes, and you may not like what some of the people do here. There are few free trials around, the ones I can think of right now are Saga of Ryzom (http://www.ryzom.com), Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online. Some of the games are free altogether (like Project Entropia, Anarchy Online?), abut the quality may not be that great then. Anyway, this should help you to find the right one for you.

--- Bambul's Signature ---

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413
    i'd recomend doing some trial hopping seeing what you like.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

For a first MMOG I would highly recommend World of Warcraft. It's got a well-rounded experience that is an excellent primer for anyone coming into the genre.

I would not recommend Guild Wars as your first MMOG. It is not at all representative of the majority of games of the genre, though it is an excellent game in its own right.

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Either World of Warcraft or Runescape for you..
  • macabrespmacabresp Member Posts: 15

I'd recommend 2 of them for you.

Guildwars because it has no monthly fee.

City of Heroes because the community (for the most part) is great.

• ExpatriateExpatriate Member Posts: 202

My recommendation is, don't pay until you play.

If they don't have a free trial--pass it up.

I made the mistake of paying for Guild Wars based on all the hype and recommendations, and was really disappointed--to the point that I feel ripped off of my $50.

Watch the latest episode of "The Guild" and other Pwnage videos from around the net--also post your own: http://PwnerTV.com

• MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by Expatriate
    My recommendation is, don't pay until you play.
    If they don't have a free trial--pass it up.
    I made the mistake of paying for Guild Wars based on all the hype and recommendations, and was really disappointed--to the point that I feel ripped off of my $50.

Thats to bad ::::05:: I personally really enjoy Guild Wars, but so remains the fact that not all games appeal to everyone. Some good advice there, free trials are a good thing, to bad not all MMOG's have one avalible.

• TuradanTuradan Member Posts: 1

Short of money means you will have 2 play only Free games (Guild wars looked quite worth the effort for me) or low-cost games.

I tried LOTs of MMORPGs since first days of UO, EQ1, etc.. and now I could recommend Cronous

It's a Korean (English Version is located at Malaysia) Diablo II type game, easy to handle, with a community that is willing to welcome new members and lots of advanced features (you can't find in many games Character Skills and their Advanced Skills). Graphics are good indeed 3D, rotating and zooming camera... and cost is about 5 € monthly (about 7-8$, I think) but you can even pay for hourly subscription, what gives you the chance of spending less money than in any other online not-free game.

By now, the relation price-quality is the best out there. Try it out and you will know why

P.S. The data about Cronous in MMORPG.com are completely out of date, because still says it's Beta....