Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is the future of Aion's pvp?

JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

simply put pvp in Aion is almost dead. you get almost no pvp until level 50+ and even then it's sparse. in order to curb the rampant low level ganking by twinks NCsoft has completely killed almost all lower and mid level pvp. i totaly agree with this by the way since nobody want's to be ganked by gold wearing twinks all day with absolutely no way to fight back.  the Abyss is empty most of the time except for the fort sieges which are a complete lag fest and very lop sided usually. the ones that show up with more people wins.

they have made leveling easier, getting gold is much easier, getting good gear is also easier now. these are all incredibly awesome changes, but what are they gonna do to bring back pvp?  is there a future for Aion's pvp? are they gonna tweek rifting further?

if you ask me rifting is not the way to go, instead it's time they implement good old instanced pvp (battle grounds) that cap the ammount of players per side. in these battle grounds the AP gain and loss would be very very small. this game absolutely needs this and i think many many more people would play this game with fair and even battle grounds.

Comments

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

simply put pvp in Aion is almost dead. you get almost no pvp until level 50+ and even then it's sparse. in order to curb the rampant low level ganking by twinks NCsoft has completely killed almost all lower and mid level pvp. i totaly agree with this by the way since nobody want's to be ganked by gold wearing twinks all day with absolutely no way to fight back.  the Abyss is empty most of the time except for the fort sieges which are a complete lag fest and very lop sided usually. the ones that show up with more people wins.

they have made leveling easier, getting gold is much easier, getting good gear is also easier now. these are all incredibly awesome changes, but what are they gonna do to bring back pvp?  is there a future for Aion's pvp? are they gonna tweek rifting further?

if you ask me rifting is not the way to go, instead it's time they implement good old instanced pvp (battle grounds) that cap the ammount of players per side. in these battle grounds the AP gain and loss would be very very small. this game absolutely needs this and i think many many more people would play this game with fair and even battle grounds.

was never balanced pvp on aion and it will never be , i just passed this game, too many fails on it, and with cataclysm and tera (my next game) out there aion goes to the floor (it's already on it)

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

they changed the time for fort siege just to reduce the population when they zerg to split them in lvl highter will want to dredg and other lower will want to fort...

but the trouble with that is they still gave the choice to player and for pvp to work you need to put strict limit

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

They have Dredgion but its basically training and PvE.  Would have to agree that the game needs more pvp focus and rifting isnt the solution for that.  BG's would be fun though

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Shatter30

They have Dredgion but its basically training and PvE.  Would have to agree that the game needs more pvp focus and rifting isnt the solution for that.  BG's would be fun though

Sadly, BG would be a nice change. Or even an area where you can PVP in the world to obtain battle objectives (sorry WAR lol).

WAR did a lot of things wrong but the pvp was stellar when it happened.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

This is very sad indeed.. I played AION the day it launched up until i hit 50 and gave up after failing on my miragent legs 6 different times.. But finding PvP was NEVER a problem.. In fact the best PvP i ever experienced was through my earlier levels in AION..

But since i was always atleast 5-10+ levels higher then everyone else and a cleric i had a blast being OP.. I remember the teleport zones in lower abyss were full of like 30-40 asmo/elyos going at it 24/7 in a mini warzone aggroing guards against eachother and ganking whoever gets in agro range of a templar with that whip-like move.. Those were the freaking days.

Used to be able to go to ANY fort and be able to find SOMEONE grinding guards and start a fight with them.. Soon they'd bring some of their friends and you'd bring some of you'res and a mini war zone would take off near the artifacts or inside flight rings.. Shoot, Asmos used to invade Terminon daily! still got s/s's..

Terminon being invaded.. I actually caught the 1st group comeing in.. They tried to sneak attack us and we stopped em lol

One of the earlier fort battles i went too.. First one i remember actually winning atleast lol.. Gotta remember at launch forts were unplayable because of a memory leak and it took a few patches for em to not make everyone crash inside.

Some drops with my old legion

Yeah i really do miss AION.. My accounts banned now though so whatever i couldn't come back if i wanted too.. Plus, i played it in its hay-day back when you couldnt go 5mins in the abyss without running into pvp and fort battles would have 100-200+ people involved.. The battles were epic and the stakes where high when you'd get 100silver/gold medals per fort battle you won and each fort battle was 2 hours of epic clashing with one another.. NC Soft screwed it up by messing with the fort timer, getting rid of how many medals you get and how they are distributed, and most of all by introduceing miragents set to the game..

Towards the end of my play the more and more people hit 50 the more i'd notice they leave.. And these are people, who like myself, have been playing AION for 4-5 months STRAIGHT for 8+ hours a day and never missed a fort battle or world boss spawn.. As soon as they got to the grind of miragents they'd get up and leave.. I think thats because most of us thought, aw man, we hit 50 the grind is over time for some end-game pvp and dungeon running! Only to figure out at 50 the TRUE and BIGGEST grind begins with miragents and that only 1-2 dungeouns are avaliable for high lvls.. Not only that only 1-2 rifts were avaliable for us either..

It was a shame because most of these people i spent more time talking with then i did with my own family (sadly enough.) In SoV (my first legion and favorite) we all knew eachother and talked with one another in vent.. My fondest MMO memorie will always be when i ran for my LV41 weapon in AION.. Rifting into asmo territory only to wipe a few asmos and get into that one instance.. We died like 10 times trying to do a certain pull with a glad as a tank lol.. Took us about 5 hours but by 7:30 that morning i had a nice shiney orange weapon and already a 8% silence stigma to go in it.. I felt ontop of the world..

Man... I miss AION.. For those of you that can still play it and are enjoying it i envy you.. No MMO has rivaled the experience i got during the first few months of AION and thats the truth.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

I find it funny each time someone mention Aion and PvP in the same sentence. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Aion is a bad game or anything, and sure there is plenty players interaction. But PvP is pretty much limited to, locking your target (using tab or right-click) and then make sure your target is in range and activate your timers in a the right order. I'm sorry but in Aion it all boils down to Gear vs Gear, then using your timer in the right order, at equal level when you crush your opponent under 3 seconds where is the tactical element?

I think the RP in MMORPG stands for illusion of PvP, where you make up a story in your head about how the combat went down, when in reality you just right-clicked a toon and pressed your timer and killed it under 3 seconds leaving your opponent w/o even one second of retaliation.

An siege... You group up with a swarm of players, and TAB target as many as possible, use all your timers and hope you get enough points to register so you get your fort AP's and money.

There are a lot of interesting stuff in Aion and a lot of promising ideas, but PvP ain't one of them.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Regardless of any BG's or whatever they might add to this game, the PvP is inherently broken and will not be fixed.  As I have explained in many other threads whenever your character uses a skill in Aion they become frozen in place and unable to act as they perform a skill animation.  This completely ruins the possibility of aerial melee pvp and the idea of pvp in general does not involve losing your control of your character as they stand frozen in place waving their hands around.  In addition it also causes stupid mechanics like the rangers jump shot.  If you don't know what this is, go search on youtube, you literally jump while using each skill in order to cancel out the skill animation.  Oh yeah, I forgot that assassins are totally useless as well on the ground or in the air, because any advantages they might have had as a class (dual-wielding, attk spd, etc.) have all been spread out to other classes and they added in counter moves against stuns, the sins bread and butter.  Of course there's also the rifting nerfs that eliminated that aspect of the game as well.

These points have been demonstrated to the devs since beta and their official statement has been: "Game is working as intended."  (I played from beta till 6 months out and had a cleric at 50 in full fenris before quitting).  Therefore, there is no point in ever pvping in Aion, because it's simply a broken mechanic.

Steam: Neph