Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delusional?

Comments

• Andreas1005Andreas1005 Member Posts: 17

i'm a trader. so what i do is basicly craft, sell, and try out weapons. part of what i enjoy about it is the interaction with other palyers. 

edit: i was replying to the above post. but it just disapeared :S

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I hate haters who only can see whats wrong and QQ all time whatever they can. They dont help...

This is what I don't get. Why is it if someone doesn't like a game they are labeled as a hater? Why should the "hater" help? Why does this poster, and fanbois in general, think its the consumers responsibilty to help? Did the company offer dividends to anyone that pays a subscription fee? Did they offer to buy back their worthless game, a term I use loosely?

If someone doesn't like a game they have all the right in the world to complain, QQ or be quiet. Just like fanbois, no matter how irrational, have the right to mindlessly through money at a scam, and cry bloody murder to the people who give poor reviews. It is neithers responsibility to help that game grow. That is why there is a monthly fee and a ridiculously priced "box sale".

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by brostyn

I hate haters who only can see whats wrong and QQ all time whatever they can. They dont help...

This is what I don't get. Why is it if someone doesn't like a game they are labeled as a hater? Why should the "hater" help? Why does this poster, and fanbois in general, think its the consumers responsibilty to help? Did the company offer dividends to anyone that pays a subscription fee? Did they offer to buy back their worthless game, a term I use loosely?

If someone doesn't like a game they have all the right in the world to complain, QQ or be quiet. Just like fanbois, no matter how irrational, have the right to mindlessly through money at a scam, and cry bloody murder to the people who give poor reviews. It is neithers responsibility to help that game grow. That is why there is a monthly fee and a ridiculously priced "box sale".

True fans of a game have an obligation to provide feedback, especially that which is critical.  It helps if it's constructive, of course, but it's necessary for any game to grow and evolve. Simply dismissing all criticism out of some blind, misguided loyalty to the game only serves to harm the game.  Fan or not, feedback is critical, both positive and negative. 

It's not my place to tell somebody not to spend their money on a game.  It's their choice.  That being said, I believe consumers should vote with their wallets.  If you feel that you're getting enough entertainment--right now--for your money, great!  If not, don't spend your money, especially for intangible hopes of future performance, fixes, content, etc..  You're not an investor - you're a customer.  You're paying for a product you should be able to use and enjoy today, not investing in the development of some future product.

~Ripper

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by brostyn

Of course you can hate if you dont find the game fun, those who he call haters are the selected few on this site that hates and derail threads in every chance they can get and it been going on for months.

So hatebois are as bad as fanbois.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• jimbo775jimbo775 Member Posts: 30

I don't hate Starvault or Mortal.

I'm just utterly disgusted with them, for their lack of professionalism.

I feel the need to warn other people about Starvault and Mortal, so hopefully they won't do the same mistake I did more than an year ago, to buy a game and support a new studio based only on what they have to say.

I will not stop until:

- They fix the game (I honestly doubt this will ever happen) or

- They publicly declare bankruptcy, apologize and shut down the servers forever.

Flame me all you want.

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by jimbo775

- They publicly declare bankruptcy, apologize and shut down the servers forever.

That won't happen. :D

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Originally posted by Benthon

That won't happen. :D

I think there's a chance they will, since apologizing is what they do best.

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Pretty easy to pay the monthly fee when it's the parent's credit card. That's probably the entire crowd doing that.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by SHOE788

Pretty easy to pay the monthly fee when it's the parent's credit card. That's probably the entire crowd doing that.

That's what Henrik used to keep the game on it's feet, his dads money. Using someone elses money makes it easy to spend it unwisely.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• Andreas1005Andreas1005 Member Posts: 17

I will not stop until:

- They fix the game (I honestly doubt this will ever happen) 

so, what needs to happen for you to consider the game fixed then? just curious :P

i am having a lot of fun with it as it is now. :)

Originally posted by Andreas1005

I will not stop until:

so, what needs to happen for you to consider the game fixed then? just curious :P

I want all features currently ingame to be working as intended, all that was promised for release implemented, no lag, no desync. I want SV to actually fix stuff with each patch, and not break the game everytime. I want intelligent class balance. I want SV to start following an intelligent developing plan, rather than this BS shootout-in-the-dark MO development has been so far. I want SV to assume responsibility for their own errors rather than blaming Epic, the devil or the dog. I want SV to stop introducing more crap that doesn't work in MO and start fixing the real problems.

MO currently is a joke of very bad taste. If you are having fun on it, I don't blame you. We simply have different standards.

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Unfortunately that is impossible Jimbo. Bear in mind, Henrik is the CEO, the Lead Designer, the Project Manager, the EVERY decision-making role regarding the game. On top of that, the Community Manager - by his own admission - has to "manipulate" him and make him pay attention to things that are about to explode. Such as the recent GM-sabotaged siege, when things are about to "explode" then Henrik gets brought in to deliver the pie-in-the-sky speech.

It happened when his guild lost their keep spot and he showed up with Discord to deliver a speech on the construction site about "rollbacks", which was only prevented because we - all 200 of us - threatened to quit the game if he gave his guild another keep like he did in Beta. Same when the GM team was going on strike because we had no tools, suddenly emergency meeting with the Devs.

Its a constantly repeating pattern; where everything is done to appease the largest - or key - number of people to stop them from leaving the game. Either by implementing features (hello territory control ,who do you think threatened to quit the game if that wasn't brought in?), or making concessions which make no sense (WSX constructing their houses in a valley, then getting their volunteer Designer/Councelor Kaylem to "redesign" the valley, x4 times the granum nodes included along with little roads so they could roleplay a feudal village).

However, with the shares dropping by 50% in 5 days; I think we're in for some very (for me) fun times. Wonder how many of SV devs are going on their vacation over these holidays, last time it was the whole office. :)

• xlite11xlite11 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Andreas1005

I will not stop until:

I want all features currently ingame to be working as intended, all that was promised for release implemented, no lag, no desync. I want SV to actually fix stuff with each patch, and not break the game everytime. I want intelligent class balance. I want SV to start following an intelligent developing plan, rather than this BS shootout-in-the-dark MO development has been so far. I want SV to assume responsibility for their own errors rather than blaming Epic, the devil or the dog. I want SV to stop introducing more crap that doesn't work in MO and start fixing the real problems.

MO currently is a joke of very bad taste. If you are having fun on it, I don't blame you. We simply have different standards.

99% sure that will never happen mate

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

not only are they delusional but they have just taken Fanboism to another level , check this out :

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55994-henrik.html

Originally posted by ghostkicker

With how many times Henrik has lied, bended the truth, over hyped, over promised MO I seriously can not believe people are still like that.

If they weren't they wouldn't be called "fanboys" would they?...Anyways, I think when the game shuts down, some people are going on a nervous breakdown for sure !

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

Originally posted by cirsyndic

Unfortunately that is impossible Jimbo. Bear in mind, Henrik is the CEO, the Lead Designer, the Project Manager, the EVERY decision-making role regarding the game. On top of that, the Community Manager - by his own admission - has to "manipulate" him and make him pay attention to things that are about to explode. Such as the recent GM-sabotaged siege, when things are about to "explode" then Henrik gets brought in to deliver the pie-in-the-sky speech.

It happened when his guild lost their keep spot and he showed up with Discord to deliver a speech on the construction site about "rollbacks", which was only prevented because we - all 200 of us - threatened to quit the game if he gave his guild another keep like he did in Beta. Same when the GM team was going on strike because we had no tools, suddenly emergency meeting with the Devs.

Its a constantly repeating pattern; where everything is done to appease the largest - or key - number of people to stop them from leaving the game. Either by implementing features (hello territory control ,who do you think threatened to quit the game if that wasn't brought in?), or making concessions which make no sense (WSX constructing their houses in a valley, then getting their volunteer Designer/Councelor Kaylem to "redesign" the valley, x4 times the granum nodes included along with little roads so they could roleplay a feudal village).

However, with the shares dropping by 50% in 5 days; I think we're in for some very (for me) fun times. Wonder how many of SV devs are going on their vacation over these holidays, last time it was the whole office. :)

I was curious about this so i looked into and you are right this companies stock has fell off:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=STVA-B.ST+Interactive#chart3:symbol=stva-b.st;range=1y;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

Perhaps you can elighten me as to what has happened recently for this to occur?  Haven't been following the game until recently.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by raff01

With how many times Henrik has lied, bended the truth, over hyped, over promised MO I seriously can not believe people are still like that.
    If they weren't they wouldn't be called "fanboys" would they?...Anyways, I think when the game shuts down, some people are going on a nervous breakdown for sure !

I kinda feel bad for the guy who won that auction for loot bag #1 lol

• breaker09breaker09 Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by randomt

If they werent they wouldnt be called fanboys would they?...Anyways, I think when the game shuts down, some people are going on a nervous breakdown for sure !

I kinda feel bad for the guy who won that auction for loot bag #1 lol

I wonder if that guy is still playing, and if he is happy with his purchase... LOL

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

not only are they delusional but they have just taken Fanboism to another level , check this out :

Thats kinda creepy :

Photo of Henrik

I win!!! LOL@U

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Thats kinda creepy :

Photo of Henrik

It's a joke, get over it.  The fanboys still aren't taking any of this as seriously as some of you are.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by stux

Originally posted by cirsyndic
    I was curious about this so i looked into and you are right this companies stock has fell off:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=STVA-B.ST+Interactive#chart3:symbol=stva-b.st;range=1y;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

Perhaps you can elighten me as to what has happened recently for this to occur?  Haven't been following the game until recently.

At a guess, I would say some shareholders looked at the financial information for the company and didn't like what they saw. They sold their stock which prompted other shareholders to look at what was going on. Like rats off a sinking ship.

The game might recover, but the company is tanking (looks like to me). On the off chance that they did recover, it might be a good time to buy the stock at ~55 cents a share. If they didn't recover, you wouldn't be out too much money.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by lizardbones

The game might recover, but the company is tanking (looks like to me). On the off chance that they did recover, it might be a good time to buy the stock at ~55 cents a share. If they didn't recover, you wouldn't be out too much money.

Just wanted to correct that statement.  The stock was trading around 55 SEK (Thats the currency of Sweden) which is actually around 8 cents a share.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by lizardbones

Just wanted to correct that statement.  The stock was trading around 55 SEK (Thats the currency of Sweden) which is actually around 8 cents a share.

I'm 'Merican! We don't use no stinkin' SEK round here...lessen yer talkin' that stuff we git offn the interwebs!

Huh. That's pretty cheap. I hope the developers have day jobs, or that the food's really cheap in Sweden. Still, if the company did recover and the game turned into something that a lot of people actually played, you'd make a killing. Or you'd lose like...$8.

*edit* I wonder how much it would cost to buy a controlling interest in the company and try to run it out of the ground?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Thats kinda creepy :

Photo of Henrik

It's a joke, get over it.  The fanboys still aren't taking any of this as seriously as some of you are.

I think you are underestimating the fanboys. They are taking this quite seriously, many of them have actually made their avatar out of this picture. They worship Henrik like the guy is a rockstar, and frankly, its quite pathetic.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Thats kinda creepy :

Photo of Henrik

I think you are underestimating the fanboys. They are taking this quite seriously, many of them have actually made their avatar out of this picture. They worship Henrik like the guy is a rockstar, and frankly, its quite pathetic.

lol they have fun doing it. You take it so serious.

But still the players see what MO have and see a great future for MO. MO is like no other MMO. People feels it's like the last review MMORPG.COM had ... very entertaining to play even thou it got some bugs.