Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The front page poll... inexplicable ?

RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

I dont understand why the frontpage poll on "what sort of MMO style appeals to you" has come up 48.5% people wanting MORE medeival fantasy image

Yet every thread I read on this site about this topic seems to have an equally overwhelming verbal/anecdotal response in precisely the opposite direction.

The usual comment being "please god no more elves and orcs"

Whats up with that ?

Incidentally I chose (from memory) Wild West....image simply because it hasnt been done yet.

+-+-+-+-+-+
"MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
http://purepwnage.com
-+-+-+-+-+-+
"Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Comments

• KMar_SoldierKMar_Soldier Member Posts: 41
    People have different tastes and interests, so they like different kind of games. That ppl vote for Medieval Fantasy doesn't mean that they also post topics about 'em. About the ''Please God no more Elves and Orcs'' thing, easy to explain. A whole sh*tload of games which are developed atm contain the races Elves and Orcs. Why? They are popular. But I can imagine some ppl are getting sick of it. The character designers never come up with something new anymore. Some of the most common races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Trolls, Night/Darkelves and Dwarves. Did I forget one? Ah whatever, you must get my point by now. I like those races, especially the Elves and Night/Darkelves, but as I already said, I can imagine that other people want to see something new by now...

::Semper Paratus Pro Justitia::

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Most people like fantasy games. Most games are fantasy based. Most people are happy with that. Why would they make posts asking for more fantasy based MMORPGs? It is a vocal minority that is making the threads asking for the genre they would like to see more.

My favorite type is fantasy, but I have played many different types and wouldn't mind seeing more diversity myself (even though there is quite a bit of diversity already out there).

image image