Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox 360 Sucks. Here is why.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Xbox 360 has had a lot of complaints in 2010, I was just researching google, and I found out that If you Modify your Xbox 360 in any way, especially if you remove certain functions, add certain mod chips, it not only Voids warranty, it Also no longer allows the user to play online. They have also restricted certain things like Hard Drive size, memory cards, and such so you have to use strictly Microsoft components or you cannot play online with the Xbox 360. They did not mention this Years ago when it was first Released and screwed over hundreds of customers.

Microsoft Console wise does not have a good reputation. When I had my Xbox Regular, they had a power cord recall.

Then The Xbox 360 Comes out, There are many problems and complaints with them, restricting all these features online, banning people without reason and all this bullcrap

I don’t think people really should waste money on console games. I mean if they can make it for Xbox 360 they can make it for PC, so there is no reason to buy a 360. I wanted to buy a 360 to play Final Fantasy XIII the new one, but just to play that game when they could have made it for PC, screw them.

Now Microsoft has Made new Xbox add-ons Just Like Wii, which is kinda crappy that another country makes the system first, then Microsoft Steals their Idea and puts it into an Xbox Just to make more Money...

Comments

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

The 360 would be largely pointless if it didn't do all of the things you complained about. i.e. have hardware DRM that requires modding for any pirated game to work and punish those that do mod by voiding warranty and banning from Xbox Live.

The things you complain about makes for a cheat-free online multiplayer experience and a market for developers where their games will be bought several times more than they're pirated. On the PC, hacks always occur in online multiplayers, and all games are pirated multiple times more than they're purchased.

So yes...while any game made for 360 could be made for PC, what's the point? The trend is only going to increase that more and more games either release to console first, or release exclusively to console.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Renoaku

Xbox 360 has had a lot of complaints in 2010, I was just researching google, and I found out that If you Modify your Xbox 360 in any way, especially if you remove certain functions, add certain mod chips, it not only Voids warranty, it Also no longer allows the user to play online. They have also restricted certain things like Hard Drive size, memory cards, and such so you have to use strictly Microsoft components or you cannot play online with the Xbox 360. They did not mention this Years ago when it was first Released and screwed over hundreds of customers.

Microsoft Console wise does not have a good reputation. When I had my Xbox Regular, they had a power cord recall.

Then The Xbox 360 Comes out, There are many problems and complaints with them, restricting all these features online, banning people without reason and all this bullcrap

I don’t think people really should waste money on console games. I mean if they can make it for Xbox 360 they can make it for PC, so there is no reason to buy a 360. I wanted to buy a 360 to play Final Fantasy XIII the new one, but just to play that game when they could have made it for PC, screw them.

Now Microsoft has Made new Xbox add-ons Just Like Wii, which is kinda crappy that another country makes the system first, then Microsoft Steals their Idea and puts it into an Xbox Just to make more Money...

This post is so full of fail its not even funny, cant play games online with a modded console? waah, cry some more, some games are console exclusive? again cry some more, companies steal other companies ideas? NO RLY? welcome to the real world, every company does it, get over it.

Just another reason why pc fanboys are thw most annoying fanboys out there.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Killerbee124Killerbee124 Member Posts: 10

ya got a point there. PLUS, pus monkeys, if you havent noticed??? XBOX 360 IS THE LARGEST PLAYED CONSOLE IN MODERN DAYS. so to say it sucks, is a completely wrong OPINION. opinion meaning. I COULD CARE LESS!!!

if your gonna bag on a console just cause your console sucks make sure you at least have some good reasons. Ok so maybe the graphics detail could be bumped up but once ya think about it, the games on xbox kick way more ass than ps3, or for that matter, ANY OTHER CONSOLE OUT THERE! if you have no friends with an xbox, its likely you live in antartica, the artic, or any other countries that have close to 0 forms of life in them. Lesson one: dont knock it til you try it. Lesson 2: keep your lame excuses for owning a horrible system to yourself

~Killerbee124

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Killerbee124

if your gonna bag on a console just cause your console sucks make sure you at least have some good reasons. Ok so maybe the graphics detail could be bumped up but once ya think about it, the games on xbox kick way more ass than ps3, or for that matter, ANY OTHER CONSOLE OUT THERE! if you have no friends with an xbox, its likely you live in antartica, the artic, or any other countries that have close to 0 forms of life in them. Lesson one: dont knock it til you try it. Lesson 2: keep your lame excuses for owning a horrible system to yourself

PS3>Xbox360

Demon's Souls> every xbox exclusive.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Killerbee124Killerbee124 Member Posts: 10

well of course ps3 is better than xbox 360 but the point is xbox isn't the worst thing ever. I say everybody send this guy hate mail immediatly! lolz :P

~Killerbee124

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Playstation 3 is not really that good. I will explain why....coming from a Sony fan who also knows the Japanese Language and deals a lot in Japan directly.

1) When playstation 3 was released they underclocked the video processor in order to prevent its heat generation from overheating the console and damaging the blu-ray player. The underclock was around 25 - 30%. Later on in an Updated Console Release they removed backwards compatability and finally later on they released an "update" to eliminate the "other OS" function the console had. I don't like this at all. PS3 is the first console to have a series of downgrades listed as "upgrades."

2) Every major Japanese game that has reached the United States gets edited for content and the translation of the game is not really as good to the point I literally sit when friends play North American version releases of Japanese Titles and laugh at all the little things done to ruin the experience.

3) Sony loves to sell "yesterday's technology" and rebrand it as "The future." They did that with Playstation 1 claiming CDs were the future of gaming and they were the first to implement it very well when CD gaming had been in PCs for a while and other CD based consoles existed prior to PSX. They did the same thing with the Emotion Engine which in the PS2 was no more than simulating threads to allow a near-seamless transition from In-Game Graphics to some FMV in a DVD. The entire thing with the CELL processor...I know this as a scientist, if you were to ask IBM directly on a price Quote to a single QUAD Cell of the previous generation...and attempt to get the boards to put it altogether, the last price quote I got was roughly $3700. Still think there are many super-powercell Cell Processors in a $500 console? Finally, lets talk about the RSX processor. Sony marketted that as the future of gaming. The RSX processor was Nvidia's Experimental Core when working on the Geforce 6 series of GPUs which had been in development for years prior to that GPU series release.

Wait, don't think I am an Xbox360 fan either. I will say I do like the Xbox but not for the reason you think..

I like Xbox and Xbox360 though I don't own one because of what it did in the world. Before Xbox was released if you played console games, it was mostly Japanese Console Games ported to the US with translation problems and being sold to us for a PREMIUM. Pretty much anyone buying a major console back then had their backs to the wall with the endless Japanese way of doing things. Need I remind you all the official name of Japan is Dai Nippon Teikoku (The empire of Japan) and this is one nation where in the product label of their multiplayer games it reads "For use in Japan Only." They put the greatest effort for their people, and can care less about maintaining or updating or giving an equivalent effort to any project released out of the nation..

The Xbox actually did something crazy to Japan. It gave Console Gamers a major non-Japanese Choice and forced competition to exist. What transpired was that after so many years some Japanese Developers (with a lot of trouble) got on the side of the 360 due to how bad programming is for Sony and the majority of non-Japanese companies are already sided with Xbox and the PC market as well. Eventually the Japanese reached a point where Nintendo Wii was tearing up the place in terms of profit and their games aren't competing as much as they used to, that in order to survive they went backwards and are now concentrating most of their game programming projects on handhelds and smartphones. :)

Check ebgames.com under PSP or DS and you will find its the 90s all over again. A near-all Japanese Lineup filled with translation problems and what you see is what you get attitude.

I do not own any next generation console because I view this generation as a generation of Experimentation. They tried to make Consoles more PC-Like that they lost their abilities as "Consoles" and are in between being good and bad. This generation had the highest failure rates for consoles and I believe it was a "Learning Experience" for all companies Involved. I believe the next generation will be an amazing generation as long as the games and hardware is good.

As far as Console Modding goes....Its here to stay and as technology improves consoles manufacturers will try to stop that in its tracks while modders will find workarounds. The main difference between a PC and a 360 is the XO coding level. If you strip the header clean and unlink it from the package, the game itself works just like a PC game. I've seen mods surface on running 360 games on a PC as development projects.

Finally, as far as FFXIII goes. Another fine example of Square-Enix paying Famitsu magazine to give it a max rating, just so that the majority of people find fault with the game. To a company, it does not matter what you think. If you paid for it, you favored it. If you did not pay for it, you didn't favor it...So they don't care about POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE reviews from teenage kids and children. All they care about is if you bought it or not. :)

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

Xbox 360 FTW

gamertag - Swaffle House

• thundurrthundurr Member Posts: 7

I just buy whichever console the game looks better on, and usually that's the PS3, but not always.

• soraace7soraace7 Member Posts: 1

lawlz

Go to points2shop.com and do offer to earn free rewards from amazon :D click this link to refer me plz. http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=soraace7

• svet3dsvet3d Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by warmaster670

This post is so full of fail its not even funny, cant play games online with a modded console? waah, cry some more, some games are console exclusive? again cry some more, companies steal other companies ideas? NO RLY? welcome to the real world, every company does it, get over it.

Just another reason why pc fanboys are thw most annoying fanboys out there.

LOL, U couldn't have said it better, bro :D

• ArtiexArtiex Member Posts: 82

The other thing I strongly dislike about Microsoft's Xbox 360 is how the original xbox games have been the first way to play shooters. Making many people migrate from xbox to 360s making shooting games alot more competitive. The other thing is Ps3 has alot more fun features microsoft would of never thought about. Internet browser, bluray, free PSN? Come on microsoft! they make you pay more money for something that can be spent on another system or gaming rig that you can have alot more fun and more things to do on.

Playing: WoW
    Waiting On: SWTOR, GW2, Rift, TERA.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

I own a ps3 and I'm seriously contemplating buying the new 360 this weekend.  The one with wi-fi and 250 gig drive. 

I owned a 360, sold it to my cousin and bought the ps3 for the blue ray feature.  Now I realize I can download HD movies through the 360 (always knew I could but maybe I was looking for an excuse to keep the ps3).  I haven't rented a blue ray movie in many months anyway (netflix ftw).

The only bright side I see for the ps3 is 3d.  Sony is moving on 3d while microsoft seems to ignore it.  However 3d tvs are still expensive and will not be mainstream for a long time so I expect alot of developers will pass on 3d till its more widely accepted because it must be more expensive to create 3d capable games.  If the cost is higher for developers they'll pass that cost on to you, raising the cost of games for all of us.  In my experience 3d really isn't all that great.  I had the oppritunity to watch a 3d tv at a local best buy.  Meh, its was ok, not what I expected and it wasn't movie quality 3d. 

I want another 360 for simple reasons.  The 360 gets more exclusives, the controller is very comfortable, better than the ps3 controller (I'm all about a comfortable controller) and I'm not liking the ps3 GUI.  Its very cold and static.  Like sitting alone in a dentists small waiting room with the lame muzak, the odd bandaid odor in the air and crumpled magazines stained by sticky fingers.

Having said all that I hate the idea of kinnect (however its spelled) and like the idea of sonys move.  I want to feel something in my hands when I play a game.  Jumping around like an idiot empty handed doesn't appeal to me at all.  I can do that cheaper with the wii.

• DevilHawkDevilHawk Member Posts: 179

I have all three consoles, Wii, 360 and PS3. And I prefer the Xbox over the other two for sure. While the Wii has been left dusty, except for when the kids decide to goof with it. The PS3 and 360 get put to work.

I've had a total of 5 360s.... and yes there was definitely a quality control issue. On the plus side, Microsoft responded with exceptional customer service each time, and compensated me with free membership time and also at one point they sent a game as a gift.  Also, I just bought a new 360 along with the Kinect and it is amazing. Quite a blast and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

For the PS3, it gets used mainly as a BRay player... and I've had it for 3 months and I am going to have to send that unit in for repairs as well. Its disc drive is grinding whenever you put a disc in... and with BRays that gets a bit irritating. I've played the God of War series on it... and yes, the game-play and graffics are outstanding. But when it comes to playing online, I still prefer the Xbox community. So CoD Black Ops.... will be on the 360.

Both consoles have their plus and negative sides. Both have shown to have technical issues. But the 360 is far from being a PoS. Its a good system. And as far as the modding is concerned... I am happy that you can't play online with a modded system. To me thats a great thing... keeps the amount of cheating down and evens the playing field a bit. If you want to mod a rig, build a PC. Its not difficult.

Oh yeah, did I mention the Kinect is a blast? Great to see the kids jumping around and having a good time... and I am enjoying it as well.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

@DevilHawk

The thing that bother me the most is the part where you say you have owned 5 360's.

You can really support a company that releases such a shoddy console that you have had to buy 5 of them since they released?

I owned 2 360's, and I could kick myself in the ass for buying the 2nd one only to have it go balls up also. After that I bought a ps3 and have never looked back.

I do like the 360 better, games, controller, live, ect. But I personally refuse to keep buying consoles at $300+ because they keep having hardware failure. Yeah M$ support is pretty good about repairing them, but I had to send mine in and wait 2 months to get it back only to have it f**k up yet again.

PS3 may not be the end all of consoles, but after many many hours of use over the past 2 years it is still going strong and never had a single problem since i plugged it in.

Thats just my opinion of course based on my experiences with both consoles.

"Microsoft does not have a good console reputation" 

I can retort and say "Do Japanese have a good console reputation?"

PS3 = 

~Underclocked hardware to prevent overheating

~Loss of Backwards Compatability

~Loss of Other OS option

~Poorly Translated Localized Games

~Cut and Edited for Content Localized Games

~Most games play at 1280x720 resolution (yes, so many cores and average 360 game can run at 1080P)

Oh yeah, to help you more :)

~PS3 (and PS2) Sequals  force you into buying a PSP. (Kingdom Hearts, Phantasy Star being examples). They just announced their latest phantasy star (PSO2) to be a PC-Only game. Nothing like INVESTING in a PS3 to be told you must also buy a PSP to follow a series...then to be told to buy a PC for a top game in a series too, no doubt, Japanese PC.

~Long Term Localized Support is a maximum of four years. The average is being three years. This means if an MMO or Online Game is released localized, A server outside of Japan tends to not last more than 4 years before a localized company closing down the server and screwing everyone...and telling people "play our next game." Of course the original game is in Japan, preserved and maintained and updated.....

~Technical Support is nearly non-existent since localized versions of games are dependent on receiving native Japanese Patches, which tend to have some updates withheld. An American can always throw the "its a foreign console and there is nothing we can do" argument.

How about the largest point? 

~The pure Japanese version of the console has more options unlocked and more options than the Localized versions released here due to actual demands from owners. While Japanese turned their backs on the rest of the world as usual.

Now how about Xbox360? 

~Most games run at 1080P (2.25x more pixels than Sony's claims at having a super gaming console)

~Xbox360 Games tend to be made in the US and in Europe where better patching and customer support exist. Buy a game and download a patch. You can rest assured knowing your game will be at the same version number in time..compared to most Japanese Titles on 360 where Japanese buy their own PS3 versions and reap the rewards while Americans and Europeans have a completely different form of treatment and update time tables.

~The existence of the Xbox360 prevents the Japanese Market from having complete control of consoles. No longer do gamers wait for a near all-Japanese lineup with a very problematic way at using a Playstation 3 developers kit which costs a group tons of money where the Xbox360 developers kit is supported in many languages and costs far less money and the released product can be easilly ported to PCs. 

~If a 360 game is made in Japan, Microsoft forces the Japanese Company to actually play ball. Part of developing with Microsoft is actually meeting updates and not holding back on more version numbers. Failure to comply means losing your 360 developers license. Just like failure to give 20% of all your profits to Sony from a developed game launching on the console means your license goes bye bye. 

~Microsoft is allied with many tech partners in developing technologies. This has been the case. They get bad reputation because of the Windows Operating System but as an underdog in other areas have always managed to deliver a decent product. 

~XboxLive: The way Japanese people work is they have their own version of the playstation network. You literally have to Join Playstation Network: Japan for Japanese Games and Playstation Network: North America for Localized Games...Xbox Live is a global service. THAT'S RIGHT! No cute Japanese labels to their games that say "FOR USE IN JAPAN ONLY!"

Btw, its not me spewing "Japanese Hatred" Its me spewing "Reality." I am member to both, Japanese and American Playstation Network. I can speak, read and write Japanese and everytime a game comes here to the US...its translation still has problems and usually a Japanese version of the game eventually gets more while Foreigners are always screwed. In order for a person to truly enjoy the most a Japanese game offer...they might as well "Be Japanese" and learn language and then compare titles to the point you would truly see such a subpar product and KNOW you are being screwed that you would develop a certain hatred for the "Japanese Way" of business...which is a "lets be isolationists and make foreigners feel sorry for not being born Japanese" attitude. Hell, the Nation at times has a higher DEATH RATE than Birth RATE due to the way Men and Women treat each other and lack of respect, thereof....

Trust me. You get 2 kinds of Japanese people. The type that wants to meet a foreigner and is interested as long as you can speak Japanese its fine. The other type of Japanese are the ones who act friendly and smart, and then start posting their hatred to foreigners...there is already a movement the Japanese have engaged in for the last two years for the Japanese to Ban all non-japanese members of the Japanese Playstation Network. 

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Originally posted by Killerbee124

PS3>Xbox360

Most of the gaming community would disagree with you strongly on that. I liked Demon Souls but it was incredibly hard to the point it became stupid and the story sucked.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Now first of all I want to point out that I have absolutely nothing against Sony or the PS3, I've played around with the PS3 many times at friends' houses and as a console it seems pretty solid although I found the controller to be a bit uncomfortable.

When it came time for me to buy a next gen console I chose the 360 and here is why... the games. When I was comparing the two systems the only exclusive PS3 had that interested me was GT4. On the other hand the 360 had about 6 or 7 exclusives I was interested in. When you buy a console the only thing you should consider is what games you want to play. If you buy a console for any other reason you're a fool. Blu-Ray Player? Free PSN? I couldn't care less about either of those. I want a console to play games... period.

Oh and as for all of the stuff the OP posted in his little rant... I'm glad the 360 doesn't allow modding. It makes for a totally even playing field in multiplayer and cuts down on piracy emensely. If you want to play multi-player you have to go buy the game. Also I've owned my 360 for about 2 years now and it's used by either myself or my kids daily. It's never had any problems at all. I know the 360 had some issues in the past (Red ring of death mainly) but it seems they ironed them out by the time I bought mine or I've been extremely lucky... lol  I did buy a 3 year service plan for like 10 bucks when I got it so I'm not to concerned about it.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33866696/ns/technology_and_science-games/

I really hope this was some sort of joke post as this one is so beyond funny it makes me weep!!!

I assume it was genuine tho so I say good for the true Xboc community for losing another cheater/scrounger or whatever term is appropriate for this sort of games player,

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

PS3>Xbox360

Cmon now lets not talk about "ugh PC Fanboys" and then immediately go into Fanboy mode yourself with the stupid console wars.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Originally posted by jdnewell

@DevilHawk

The thing that bother me the most is the part where you say you have owned 5 360's.

You can really support a company that releases such a shoddy console that you have had to buy 5 of them since they released?

I owned 2 360's, and I could kick myself in the ass for buying the 2nd one only to have it go balls up also. After that I bought a ps3 and have never looked back.

I do like the 360 better, games, controller, live, ect. But I personally refuse to keep buying consoles at $300+ because they keep having hardware failure. Yeah M$ support is pretty good about repairing them, but I had to send mine in and wait 2 months to get it back only to have it f**k up yet again.

PS3 may not be the end all of consoles, but after many many hours of use over the past 2 years it is still going strong and never had a single problem since i plugged it in.

Thats just my opinion of course based on my experiences with both consoles.

I went through 4 PS-1's back in the day yet I still bought a PS2(on my second one) and PS3(doesn't get played much but still no issues).

Surprisingly, I still have my original Xbox(which my daughter tinkers with daily), and Xbox 360 with which I have had zero problems. 

Of course I just jinxed myself but the point remains, both have had their share of technical issues.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

when you mod your xbox you can't play online? and that's a bad thing?  then they remove it and you see this same guy complaining about modders....

• SpasticolonSpasticolon Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by Spasticolon

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/rumor_microsoft_killed_pcxbox_cross-platform_play_because_“console_players_got_destroyed_every_time”

Jus' sayin.

Oh, yeah, naive 1080 for how many years on PC now?

Cue fanboy queue queue

What do you mean about NATIVE 1080P? In 2002 I had a monitor that supported 2048x1536 resolution, while today a PS3 usually runs at 1280x720 and Xbox 360 while it can support 1920x1080, scales back its textures to support the resolution. 

Also, if you ran Linux Boxes in clusters you could easilly make a multimonitor game output on 12 monitors, set up in 4 x 3, where you were able to run on each at 1600 x 1200 to actually have 6400 x 3600. I remember doing that for Quake 3 Arena.