Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game look exactly like wow to anybody else?

124»

Comments

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by RobertDinh

The principles are the same as wow though, make a game as easy and casual friendly as possible to try and sell as many copies as possible. 

Sigh...i was so hyped about this game,and then i read this.

So it will be a casualfest with no challenge and no sense of accomplishment? (wow)

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Originally posted by Crynswind

The principles are the same as wow though, make a game as easy and casual friendly as possible to try and sell as many copies as possible. 

So it will be a casualfest with no challenge and no sense of accomplishment? (wow)

Those are very subjective/general terms. What is casual/hardcore to you and compared to what? How much time do you want to spend on the game and what are your preferences for levelling/progress?

To some MMO players who enjoy hardcore raid content and the difficulty of older MMOs GW2 might not be as challenging that's possibly very true. But for a lot of gamers the challenge and FLAT LEVEL CURVE will be just what they have been after... but put off by in an MMO.

Progression and Leveling in Guild Wars 2

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

You don't seriously think that do you? If a well known GW2 forum troll can persuade your decision, I dare say you have more issues than deciding on what game to play.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

WoW is everything..WoW is our god..

Every game that has ever existed or will exist is nearly an extension of WoW......GW2? WoW...  Rift? WoW... ToR? WoW...  War40k? WoW....  Age of Conan? WoW....  Eve? WoW... Vindictus? WoW ...Samurai Showdown? WoW...Double Dragon?....WoW Super Ghosts n Goblins?....WoW Contra? WoW.... FFXIV? WoW pooped that out....Real life? thats WoW too.

WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW imageimageimageimage

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Those are very subjective/general terms. What is casual/hardcore to you and compared to what? How much time do you want to spend on the game and what are your preferences for levelling/progress?

To some MMO players who enjoy hardcore raid content and the difficulty of older MMOs GW2 might not be as challenging that's possibly very true. But for a lot of gamers the challenge and FLAT LEVEL CURVE will be just what they have been after... but put off by in an MMO.

Progression and Leveling in Guild Wars 2

Well,i dislike anything that is instanced.

Hated instanced pvp in Wow,same with the boring instances in Aion.

If that graphic is true,wouldn't that make the game too short?

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

@ Crynswind:

Levelling is quoted to be around the 90mins mark * 80lvls (- initial levels) => approx. 100Hrs gameplay for x1 avatar for the casual player.

[Combine that with alts: 5 personal stories (1 for each race with muliple branching stories), dungeons (structured group content) and dynamic events (dynamic nature -> repeatable content), achievements & side-kick system etc... in PvE that should be a lot of content for a one off purchase let alone comparable to other MMOs eg size of the map is impressive & underwater sections also]

The curve does suggest levelling could be done faster, but the content is intended to be denser without filler-content/grind and no pressure to level up as there are no fees. So yes, it probably will be quicker to level but it may be more fun and cheaper too. Then there is PvP: World (eg daoc) and Structured (No info on these yet).

Edit: PERSISTENT World Map + Instanced dungeons/personal story content. http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/

• sartoksartok Member Posts: 79

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I swear people should be banned for saying a game looks like WOW. Every game looks like WOW to morons. Just got done with a games beta and if I had a dime for every time some fool said that.

Its like saying every car looks like the model T because there bolth cars.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Originally posted by Xpertise

Originally posted by Sudowoodoo

I was watching some gameplay videos and I couldn't help noticing that it looked almost exactly like wow Oh really ?. The animations and art style all look similar to me No they aren't. Animations in GW2 are far more smoother, and WoW artstyle is inspired by American comic book style of the 80's while GW2 (ingame) artstyle draws influence from European artscene of 20th century. It even has the animal race that runs on all four legs. WoW doesn't have an animal playable race that walks on 4 legs, and if you thin that GW2 copied WoW because it has a playable animal race you shoul really start playing something other than WoW.The dragon boss looks the same as wow's but purple instead of blue or red. Dragon Bosses in Fantasy fiction ? Definately Blizzards idea... The armor also has a similar look. Well, i could say that cows and dolphins look same to me, but it doesnt mean its true.

I realize its possible it could of been coincidence but its basically wow with better graphics and no sub ?

Ok now OP, since i started posting on this forum i got a habit of checking backgrounds of every poster that posts a suspiciously ignorant post.  Now, since your commentary on GW2 Hype page is , i quote, ''this game sucks'' and that your entire post history about GW2 is consisted of bashing and ''doubts'' i can with no doubt conclude that you're just one lousy troll. And it's incredible that a SWToR fan has the dignity and can accuse another game of being a WoW clone...

This ^^ 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

I can't believe how many responses this genius has gotten with his well researched and thought out thread post.

/sarcasm