Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are the GMs?

HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56171-where-fuck-gms.html

 

How can they not have game support during the weekend? Seems rather ridiculous given MOs "quirks".

Comments

  • DerpidumDerpidum Member Posts: 89

    Last night when me and 2 of my friends had issue with mounts Discord showed up 3-5 minutes after we send petition.

    When it comes to stuck I am usually unstucked in a matter of 1-2 minutes so I really have no idea what people do to NOT get answered by gms. Few people cry about 'no gms what so ever' but most of the time they replay quick.

  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

    Originally posted by HanoverZ

    http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56171-where-fuck-gms.html

     

    How can they not have game support during the weekend? Seems rather ridiculous given MOs "quirks".

     

    Off playing Perpetuum with Kootenay?

    Where have all the "good" shills gone?

  • cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

    Since the GM team has been mostly populated by volunteers from WSX guild after I left and SV "cleaned house", its not suprising that the GM numbers have dropped.

    Namely because WSX have quit the game and moved to Perpetuum Online.

    When it comes to GM support bear in mind several things:

    - The fanboy base is dwindling rapidly, theres ~50-100 active players at prime time now after AQ left the game; so theres not that many people throwing applications for GM positions in, and in most cases its done to get access to the GM tools for their guilds.

    - Discord is NA-based, so he'll cover that like he did during Beta; his work-hours aren't a problem since he's breeding chihuahuas for a living. Only time he's not around is when he goes on his camping trips for weekends to run around in fatigues with the US National Guard.

    What it amounts to is that with the dwindling base of fanboys, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either they blanket-accept and let all the guild/political abusers in, or they're stuck with no 24/7 coverage. Besides, it's not really a problem to get into the GM team since I advised my friends in guilds that still play the game to send applications otherwise they'd never get a fairplay ground with flying invisible scouts reporting their every location. 4 of them got admitted without even a cursory look at the bogus resumes, photoshopped "scanned" ID's, and fake identities on accounts bought for 5$ on the Web.

  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,130

    I had so much hope for this game. It really saddens me to see that instead of even being a moderate success of a game as promised it turned into...whatever it is now. The first video they released along with their description of the game was frigging epic.

    So, anyone want to start an Indie dev company with me. Throw together some nice videos and teasers, program 10% of a game and then cut tail and run?

    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.


  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

    lol this thread is funny

  • thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

    Originally posted by cirsyndic

    Since the GM team has been mostly populated by volunteers from WSX guild after I left and SV "cleaned house", its not suprising that the GM numbers have dropped.

    Namely because WSX have quit the game and moved to Perpetuum Online.

    When it comes to GM support bear in mind several things:

    - The fanboy base is dwindling rapidly, theres ~50-100 active players at prime time now after AQ left the game; so theres not that many people throwing applications for GM positions in, and in most cases its done to get access to the GM tools for their guilds.

    - Discord is NA-based, so he'll cover that like he did during Beta; his work-hours aren't a problem since he's breeding chihuahuas for a living. Only time he's not around is when he goes on his camping trips for weekends to run around in fatigues with the US National Guard.

    What it amounts to is that with the dwindling base of fanboys, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either they blanket-accept and let all the guild/political abusers in, or they're stuck with no 24/7 coverage. Besides, it's not really a problem to get into the GM team since I advised my friends in guilds that still play the game to send applications otherwise they'd never get a fairplay ground with flying invisible scouts reporting their every location. 4 of them got admitted without even a cursory look at the bogus resumes, photoshopped "scanned" ID's, and fake identities on accounts bought for 5$ on the Web.

    << WSX member, don't spread lies.

  • HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

    Originally posted by thorppes

    Originally posted by cirsyndic

    Since the GM team has been mostly populated by volunteers from WSX guild after I left and SV "cleaned house", its not suprising that the GM numbers have dropped.

    Namely because WSX have quit the game and moved to Perpetuum Online.

    When it comes to GM support bear in mind several things:

    - The fanboy base is dwindling rapidly, theres ~50-100 active players at prime time now after AQ left the game; so theres not that many people throwing applications for GM positions in, and in most cases its done to get access to the GM tools for their guilds.

    - Discord is NA-based, so he'll cover that like he did during Beta; his work-hours aren't a problem since he's breeding chihuahuas for a living. Only time he's not around is when he goes on his camping trips for weekends to run around in fatigues with the US National Guard.

    What it amounts to is that with the dwindling base of fanboys, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either they blanket-accept and let all the guild/political abusers in, or they're stuck with no 24/7 coverage. Besides, it's not really a problem to get into the GM team since I advised my friends in guilds that still play the game to send applications otherwise they'd never get a fairplay ground with flying invisible scouts reporting their every location. 4 of them got admitted without even a cursory look at the bogus resumes, photoshopped "scanned" ID's, and fake identities on accounts bought for 5$ on the Web.

    << WSX member, don't spread lies.

    Exactly what part/parts do you consinder false?   image 

  • cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

    Probably this part:

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> [WSX]Malachi Drake says (06:19):

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> *Well the Kingdom is kind of disbanded I think. Things are a little unclear where it all stands


    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> Laylah says (06:20):

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> *I'll tell him that.

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> [WSX]Malachi Drake says (06:21):

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> *In regards to MO no one really knows what's happening lol

    (snipping out the in-game political shizzle)

    <[CIR]Konrad> so this WSX guild you're part of has left the game

    <[CIR]Konrad> and your kingdom you made and now left is attacking us when its supposed to be neutral

    <[CIR]Konrad> and its 'tough shit'

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> It's more like waiting for a show of hands as to who, if any of us, still want to even try to play that game (MO).

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> [WSX]Malachi Drake says (06:40):

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> *Well we are waiting om a governet of Wessex to be appointed for the MO colony

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> *They may still have some relationship with LGSN

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> *Perhaps they will still be allied with them

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> *But we don't know until a leader is chosen whats going on

    <[WSX]Laylah_Sothenic> ... I know that's not terribly satisfying.

    I bolded some key bits.

    The way I read it, the leadership and the majority of the members jumped ship (WSX is now active in Perpetuum Online, which is what I'm playing too) and 4-5 fanboys stayed behind to play MO. By all means, correct me if I'm wrong. With arguments this time please, simply pressing your hands against your ears and screaming "NOOOOO YOU LIEEEE" can pass as an argument in kindergarden; but not in grown-up conversation.

  • HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

    So all but a few WSX left MO and everything else was true?

  • cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

    Yup, I was rolling around the floor laughing when I got the copy-pasted memo from the GM forums that Pompeii had been sacked from the team because he wasn't doing his job properly.

  • QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

    Syndic, if you say 'wsx have all but quit mortal online......' then I guess thorppes has little to complain about.

  • HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

    Originally posted by Qunitillian

    Syndic, if you say 'wsx have all but quit mortal online......' then I guess thorppes has little to complain about.

    It would appear to be the case

  • thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

    No I was referring to the fact you suggested that the majority of GM's were WSX members. Which simply wasn't true. As you've linked the majority of WSX has moved to Perpetuum, a handful still play MO. Myself, I quit MO until further improvements are seen.

  • HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

    Originally posted by thorppes

    No I was referring to the fact you suggested that the majority of GM's were WSX members. Which simply wasn't true. As you've linked the majority of WSX has moved to Perpetuum, a handful still play MO. Myself, I quit MO until further improvements are seen.

     

    The topic of the thread deals with the total lack of support/gms, why they left or guild affiltiation is trivial.  But thanks for clearing up your perviuos statement. When did you quit MO? Perhaps things have changed since...

  • QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99



    Originally posted by thorppes
    No I was referring to the fact you suggested that the majority of GM's were WSX members. Which simply wasn't true. As you've linked the majority of WSX has moved to Perpetuum, a handful still play MO. Myself, I quit MO until further improvements are seen.

    Aye, thanks for clarifying thorppes. I must admit that wsx and my guild forsaken were the only reasons why I stayed with mortal online as long as I did.
  • thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

    Originally posted by HanoverZ

    Originally posted by thorppes

    No I was referring to the fact you suggested that the majority of GM's were WSX members. Which simply wasn't true. As you've linked the majority of WSX has moved to Perpetuum, a handful still play MO. Myself, I quit MO until further improvements are seen.

     

    The topic of the thread deals with the total lack of support/gms, why they left or guild affiltiation is trivial.  But thanks for clearing up your perviuos statement. When did you quit MO? Perhaps things have changed since...

    Well on the topic the GM/support in my experience usually responds within 10 mins however there seems to be some off hours where you can be left waiting for a while :s

    Can't remember exactly when I quit MO for the moment but no they've not changed it enough yet, I'd like to see none-corrupting patches, more PvE content then i'd be happy.

  • cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

    Having once again talked with a few friends in the GM team, here's a list of responses you can expect from a GM in 99% of cases(unless you're asking newbie help questions, or lost your mount):

    a) Please put it on the bug tracker.

    b) Please send a support ticket via the website.

    c) Please do a client integrity scan.

    d) Please reinstall your game.

    e) I am sorry we do not have a GM available at the moment and there is nothing I can do to help you.

    Note that by not having a GM available, they mean Discord isn't online. The other one is Gradius, but kind of he sounds like an ass on Vent (subjective opinion) and doesn't actually have all the GM tools.

  • wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

    The times I have been needed to contact a GM (only once since the 7 days) it took like 1-2 mins for them to show and I was helped emidiately (was not by either Discord or Gradius).

    So I find the GM's in-game whenever I need em! =)

  • cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

    ... Which means you either lost a pet, or you were stuck, or you were asking a game mechanic (newbie) question. :)

  • QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

    Syndic, it's most probably because he is a staffer.

  • HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

    Originally posted by wmada2k

    The times I have been needed to contact a GM (only once since the 7 days) it took like 1-2 mins for them to show and I was helped emidiately (was not by either Discord or Gradius).

    So I find the GM's in-game whenever I need em! =)

     

    Strange, my experience and others differ greatly. You must be one of the "lucky" ones where MO is all rainbows and unicorns, minus your 1 need for a GM.

  • DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

    Every time I have been stuck it has taken 1-4 min. Last time, a few days ago, it took like 2-3 min. I can't see any big problem here. I think it's more rare it takes time before you get help from a GM. 

  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

    Originally posted by Diekfoo

    Originally posted by HanoverZ

    Originally posted by Diekfoo

    Originally posted by HanoverZ

    Originally posted by wmada2k

    The times I have been needed to contact a GM (only once since the 7 days) it took like 1-2 mins for them to show and I was helped emidiately (was not by either Discord or Gradius).

    So I find the GM's in-game whenever I need em! =)

     

    Strange, my experience and others differ greatly. You must be one of the "lucky" ones where MO is all rainbows and unicorns, minus your 1 need for a GM.

    Your experience? You are one of the most negative writers here on MO for many months. Are you saying you play MO even thou you spend several hours here in this forum every day hating MO? No, you don't even play MO and have no idea really. If you find any way to turn a feather into a hen, you do that.

    I guess all the others that post on the MO forums dont play either? image 

    Well I have seen only a few complaining about it, but most people feels they get fast help from GMs. image

     this^^ i havent had any trobule with gms. Except for early hours of the morning GMT time. Usually though its under 2 minutes response time which is fine.

    there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

  • HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

    http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56511-my-first-48-hours-mo.html

     

    'Day 2 i spend 50 % the day Stuck i submit a ticket no answer'

    'For all the GMs they keep adding, they sure don't seem to be having better coverage...'

Sign In or Register to comment.