Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No disrespect to fans...

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I just can't see this game doing much better than APB or Tabula Rasa. There's not all that much hype for  it around the FPS and gaming communities outside mmos and computer gaming, not that many people around mmorpg communities are excited about it, it just doesn't appear to have all the makings of a big hit mmo. It maybe a fine game but I strongly feel like its going to be one of those games that really was not that bad and fell between the cracks and didn't really get noticed to much. Similar to Hellgate London for example. I'm not saying SoE will go the way Flagship studios did, that will never happen but this game doing well Is hard to picture for me. 

I hope the game does do well though, in order to open developer avenues to make more mmos for ps3, or to port their games to the ps3, but I wouldn't consider betting money on this game's success being a wise decision. 

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Ir's not going to break SOE like it did RTW, they do have other projects that are both in the works *and* turning a profit atm ya know.

"It is what it is" would be my answer to your question towards it's success. SOE will just move the development team around to the point where it will turn a profit regardless of how many people are actually playing it. Look at their other games for that example.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I've been a hopeful sucker for a decent game for a long time.  If I like it, I'll praise it, if I'm indifferent but enjoyed my time-spent, I'll be quiet, if it sucks and there are dishonest praises of a stale game, my adjectives to describe said game will usually scale with the number of glasses of wine I've had.  :)

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Wine is for nancy boys.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by GTwander
    Wine is for nancy boys.

Nancy Drew. Drew. Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew. Geez.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by GTwander

Wine is for nancy boys.