Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some questions...

neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

ok so i once played this game back when it launched until first expansion, due to some vocal objections on my part about burning crusade causing the removal of the warlord pvp rank ladder, i was summarily permanently banned on my account.

would blizzard allow me to once again purchase and play, or was that ban complete on me as a person, or just that account i had?

next, hows the current pvp rank system?  is it competative like the old warlord system was?

Comments

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

also, what level can you make deathknights, and will they be an option for the worgen?

ive always wanted to rp a werewolf.

anyone?

bueler?

someone surely has a clue?

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

lol if you bought the game again i'm sure they wouldn't ban you. 

There are no more "ranks" in WoW anymore except Gladiator which you get from arenas. The game is a lot more competitive now as far as pvp. What I mean by that is you can't just play 24 hours a day and get top gear, you have to be good now. 

DK's start at 55 and i'm pretty sure worgen can be DK. 

sir i did not pvp 24 7, merely 12-16 hours a day when i was doing the final rank 11-warlord push, and i assure you i was good heh, my mage was feared as a choke point artist of av, closing down alliance pushes so that we could get lok up and crushing them mericilessly!

im over being upset about them taking out the warlord system, and im bored off my ass waiting for something to come along again.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

I honestly don't know if you're being serious or not. 

but like i said you don't have to play the game crazy amounts of hours anymore its based of skill not time played. (for pvp) anyways. 

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by neorandom

ok so i once played this game back when it launched until first expansion, due to some vocal objections on my part about burning crusade causing the removal of the warlord pvp rank ladder, i was summarily permanently banned on my account.

would blizzard allow me to once again purchase and play, or was that ban complete on me as a person, or just that account i had?

next, hows the current pvp rank system?  is it competative like the old warlord system was?

Hello!

-Bans are on accounts, not "people", so yeah, you can buy the game again and you should not have any problem to create a second account. It is all based on Battle.net now, so if you have an account of that, you can just add WoW to it.

-pvp ranks went away a long time ago, but you are in luck as they are coming back as part of ranked battlegrounds.

I'm not much of an expert in pvp, so I will let the official explanation stand.... that I took from wowhead, cause the current wow community site is still under construction :P

Rated Battlegrounds

Rated battlegrounds will be an alternate way of earning arena points, arena rating, and other rewards. There will be a limit on how many points you can earn each week through this method, and the amount of points able to be earned will be based on your rating. The higher the rating the more points you can earn. Points will be awarded after each win and you will not suffer any rating loss. There will be 2 types of ratings: personal and (internal) match-making. Here is a short list of important facts you should know about rated BGs:

Rated Battlegrounds are broken down into two brackets. 10v10 and 15v15. These brackets rotate weekly and can be viewed in-game via the calendar by activating the battleground holiday filter.

Players must create a raid with the full number of players required for the current bracket before entering the queue. Any level 85 player of your faction may participate in the battle (regardless of guild association).

When players win a battle, they are rewarded Conquest Points, up to their weekly cap. Weekly caps are individual for each player and are based on your highest single pvp rating from the previous week (the cap resets on Tuesdays). This rating can be derived from your 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 arena, or your rated battleground rating.

Players start at zero rated battleground rating and progress upward from there. Rating is only reduced after a lost battle when the player is above their internal matchmaking rating. For the most part, a rating only goes up.

Epic ground mounts will be rewarded at the end of each season to the top 0.5% of players (similarly to how the top arena players each season earn a flying mount). Titles are also available as you gain rating in the system. The titles are rewarded directly from achievements earned from gaining the required rating.

Winning a rated battleground with a team composed of 80% guild members (8/10 or 12/15) will result in the additional benefit of guild experience gain for your guild. The UI will display a guild banner near the minimap that lets you know if you are eligible for guild achievements and experience.

I hope this help

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

ok now for an easy one, can i just buy cataclysm and upgrade a trial with it, getting lich later if i want a dk bad enough?  or do i have to pay for 6 year old wow too.

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

You have to but the expansions in order sadly. They got cheaper though with each new expansion coming out. I know its not fair to people who just want to play a worgen or goblin to have to buy all the other expansions, but yeah that's the deal. 

well my goal would be a worgen deathknight, as that seems to be my cup of tea, which would be cata and lich, maybe even bc for leveiing content, but why the hell are they still charging for regular wow instead of letting people upgrade trials with expansions, its not like anyone is playing wow without a single expansion out side of maybe gold farm bots, but theres most likely better botting for money in the new zones.....

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by neorandom

well my goal would be a worgen deathknight, as that seems to be my cup of tea, which would be cata and lich, maybe even bc for leveiing content, but why the hell are they still charging for regular wow instead of letting people upgrade trials with expansions, its not like anyone is playing wow without a single expansion out side of maybe gold farm bots, but theres most likely better botting for money in the new zones.....

Simply because they can.  The game's still popular, and I'd assume they know people won't even think much about buying it to play.